3 Chicago/ORD 85,000,000
4 Dallas/DFW 69,112,607
5 Denver 64,494,613
6 New York/JFK 61,909,148
7 San Francisco 57,793,313
8 Seattle 49,849,520
9 Las Vegas 49,716,584
10 Orlando 47,696,627

On a rolling 12-month basis, in January, MCO stands at 47.9 million annual passengers, which places Orlando International on track to potentially break the 50 million traveler mark later this year. For 2018, Orlando International remained the busiest airport in Florida.

I’m surprised to see FTL being busier than Tampa. I guess the south Florida people use FTL as their domestic airport of choice?

I’ve been using MCO a lot more to catch that Emirates flight for work. It’s not bad but the business class club totally sucks. The Emirates club in Dubai is totally aweosme.

Every time I’ve landed back at MCO customs has been great. No one ever in line and straight through. Got my bag last time in just 7 minutes

...and the airport is WAYY too small for the amount of passengers going through it. It’s becoming a cluster.

QUOTE="NinjaKnight, post: 1563833, member: 950"]The security is really the worst part about mco. Such a cluster.[/QUOTE]

Too many people with kids on vacation mode. "Oh, I had to take my shoes off?" Yes, stupid ass. "Oh, i can't bring a gallon of this liquid?" Nope.

And they never have enough people working. I've missed two flights even though I got there in plenty of time because they were understaffed. Took a fukcing hour to move 10 feet once.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
QUOTE="NinjaKnight, post: 1563833, member: 950"]The security is really the worst part about mco. Such a cluster.

Too many people with kids on vacation mode. "Oh, I had to take my shoes off?" Yes, stupid ass. "Oh, i can't bring a gallon of this liquid?" Nope.

And they never have enough people working. I've missed two flights even though I got there in plenty of time because they were understaffed. Took a fukcing hour to move 10 feet once.[/QUOTE]

Dude- PreCheck is your friend

I’m surprised to see FTL being busier than Tampa. I guess the south Florida people use FTL as their domestic airport of choice?
I think Southwest and Jetblue have most if not all of their Soflo routes for domestic flights out of FTL. I know FTL has a Jetblue Mint service direct to LAX. They also have added more International flights but MIA is still the hub for for most flights to Europe and Latin America.

I would love to see the numbers based on number of passengers travel originating or terminating from those airports. I bet that would move MCO up much higher. No one comes here for connections

Reactions: Poolside Knight
I would love to see the numbers based on number of passengers travel originating or terminating from those airports. I bet that would move MCO up much higher. No one comes here for connections
Atlanta and Dallas's numbers definitely benefit from connections

Connections are still an important descriptor, the number of runways is the limfac on how many ppl an airport can handle.

But yes from a tourism pov that would be much more interesting, mco would definitely go up the rankings.

Here's a look at passenger traffic over the past decade as numbers last year flew by pre-pandemic high off 2019:

FB-IMG-1711668329538.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Ucfmikes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT