ADVERTISEMENT

Mechanical selling on Wall St - Dow down

UCFKnight85

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 6, 2003
As soon as the market broke the 52 week line the computers took over and have now put the market into a mechanical downspin. Approaching 1,500 points lost on the Dow.

All due to algorithms selling off everything.

I feel bad for people who had stop losses on their positions because the market will snap back once the computers stop the selling and things normalize.

Lol it was a long overdue minor correction, stop the obvious spin trying to blame it on "computers". The stock market is still crushing it if you zoom out.

Lol it was a long overdue minor correction, stop the obvious spin trying to blame it on "computers". The stock market is still crushing it if you zoom out.

LOL welcome back. We missed your dumb comments.

I just watched a panel on CNBC featuring 5 traders who all said that the sell off was aided by computers using sell alogorithims once key trend lines are broken.

Being due for a correction has nothing to do with my statement. But as usual we know that you know more than the experts.

PS- how’s that awesome bitcoin “trade” going? Lol

Ad hominem. Par for the course for you.

Btw I already made thousands off of BTC, if you bothered to read my post instead of just blindly attacking me for pointing out how stupid your posts are.

Ad hominem. Par for the course for you.

Btw I already made thousands off of BTC, if you bothered to read my post instead of just blindly attacking me for pointing out how stupid your posts are.

Oh man- another interwebz guy that timed the market perfectly. You should really write a book about bitcoin investment techniques!

Oh man- another interwebz guy that timed the market perfectly. You should really write a book about bitcoin investment techniques!

FFS you really can't read. No wonder I'm constantly pointing out how stupid you are.

I didn't "time the market just right". I mined a few 7 and 8 years ago because I thought it was interesting, held onto them and sold most when it hit about a grand because I don't like the tech behind it now that there are much better alternatives. I held onto a few for shiggles. I'm still mining altcoins because I like them and think they actually serve a purpose.

Anyways, enough of your four step debating for morons, let's get back to your idiotic OP.

FFS you really can't read. No wonder I'm constantly pointing out how stupid you are.

I didn't "time the market just right". I mined a few 7 and 8 years ago because I thought it was interesting, held onto them and sold most when it hit about a grand because I don't like the tech behind it now that there are much better alternatives. I held onto a few for shiggles. I'm still mining altcoins because I like them and think they actually serve a purpose.

Anyways, enough of your four step debating for morons, let's get back to your idiotic OP.

Like I said - you should write a book about it. You are right- always. This is no exception.

Like I said - you should write a book about it. You are right- always. This is no exception.

I love how the fact that you are literally making up bullshit both in the OP of this post and then about me and Bitcoin, and then whine and bitch about me "always being right".

Newsflash: if you didn't straight up lie you wouldn't have to complain about me "always being right"

The Secretary of the Treasury came out today saying that computerized trading definitely helped push the big sell off this week.

However, as we all know, he is an idiot and Ninja knows more than the Treasury Secretary. Therefore this is moot.

The Secretary of the Treasury came out today saying that computerized trading definitely helped push the big sell off this week.

However, as we all know, he is an idiot and Ninja knows more than the Treasury Secretary. Therefore this is moot.

Funny, the guy who would be the first person to be blamed for a stock market crash is trying to shift the blame to the computers and away from the monetary policy he is implementing.

How the **** are you this stupid and yet able to turn on your computer?

Funny, the guy who would be the first person to be blamed for a stock market crash is trying to shift the blame to the computers and away from the monetary policy he is implementing.

How the **** are you this stupid and yet able to turn on your computer?

LOL!!! What if I told you that the Federal Reserve, and not the Treasury, was responsible for setting monetary policy and stable inflation rates in this country?

A normal person might feel butthole stupid and refrain from posting again on subjects they don’t understand. But then again this is you we are talking about.

Up next: Ninja explains how the Dept of Education sets Missile Defense Policy

Reactions: Sir Galahad
LOL!!! What if I told you that the Federal Reserve, and not the Treasury, was responsible for setting monetary policy and stable inflation rates in this country?

A normal person might feel butthole stupid and refrain from posting again on subjects they don’t understand. But then again this is you we are talking about.

Up next: Ninja explains how the Dept of Education sets Missile Defense Policy

And there we have it folks, 85 just admitted what everyone already knew, that he was full of shit in the OP.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mar...-markets/ar-BBILX9u?li=AA4Zjn&ocid=spartanntp

Hey I thought it was those dang new fangled computers that made the stock market flash crash? Why are you talking about inflation rates?

Up next: 85 tries to explain how the inflation rates are set by computers.

Goddamn, you literally make it too easy for me. At least try in the future to make it a little challenging to make you look like a moron.

Hypocrite.

Any guidance for us as to how the Department of Energy sets national reading guidelines in the country?

Any guidance for us as to how the Department of Energy sets national reading guidelines in the country?

You are literally still doing the exact same thing you just accused me of doing.

Holy hell you are delusional.

DEFLECT DEFLECT DEFLECT

Trying to tie the current market to the health of the economy is like trying to tie the current weather to global warming. It influences, but it definitely doesn't define it, much less only looks at only one, key index out of dozens.

You can only look at the realities over decades.

You are literally still doing the exact same thing you just accused me of doing.

Holy hell you are delusional.

DEFLECT DEFLECT DEFLECT

It's often unreal what a blowhard ignorant dolt you are.

It's real simple: there is almost no question as to whether or not computers, using algos, was the main culprit for the insane rises and falls in the market that we saw. The article below is just one of many that say the same thing. It's almost not even debatable. The market does not swing from -400 to -1000 to -1600 and back to -800 in a matter of minutes via human trading and physical sell orders being called in by traders. To even think this is idiotic. When you have 1000 point swings in mere minutes, that is nothing more than the product of computers all getting the SELL algo at the same time and leaping out of positions.

This is not mean it was wrong, not right, or not needed. Nor did I ever even argue that (you did, ignorantly). The algos were probably right to factor in the various data we had and then hit the sell button. That doesn't change the fact that these wild, asinine swings we've seen isn't the exclusive product of the majority of Wall St now being traded by machines.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/06/market-sell-off-driven-by-algorithms-strategist-says.html

It's often unreal what a blowhard ignorant dolt you are.

It's real simple: there is almost no question as to whether or not computers, using algos, was the main culprit for the insane rises and falls in the market that we saw. The article below is just one of many that say the same thing. It's almost not even debatable. The market does not swing from -400 to -1000 to -1600 and back to -800 in a matter of minutes via human trading and physical sell orders being called in by traders. To even think this is idiotic. When you have 1000 point swings in mere minutes, that is nothing more than the product of computers all getting the SELL algo at the same time and leaping out of positions.

This is not mean it was wrong, not right, or not needed. Nor did I ever even argue that (you did, ignorantly). The algos were probably right to factor in the various data we had and then hit the sell button. That doesn't change the fact that these wild, asinine swings we've seen isn't the exclusive product of the majority of Wall St now being traded by machines.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/06/market-sell-off-driven-by-algorithms-strategist-says.html

LMAO!!! You really have never heard of limit orders? My god man keep digging this is amazing. I don't even have to do anything to make you look stupid, you do it yourself.

Ninja believes that China is a 100% free market so it's not surprising he doesn't understand how the stock markets work.

Hey look, Bob is a lying sack of shit again. I never said that, if you can find a quote of me saying it I'll leave this board forever. Pretty pathetic that you have to resort to lying to try to make a point.

LMAO!!! You really have never heard of limit orders? My god man keep digging this is amazing. I don't even have to do anything to make you look stupid, you do it yourself.

Hey look, Bob is a lying sack of shit again. I never said that, if you can find a quote of me saying it I'll leave this board forever. Pretty pathetic that you have to resort to lying to try to make a point.

LMAO at you, king dumbass, in thinking that the NYSE is moved by Stop Orders like you use on ETtade.

LOLLOLOLOLOLOL

LMAO at you, king dumbass, in thinking that the NYSE is moved by Stop Orders like you use on ETtade.

LOLLOLOLOLOLOL

No clearly it was all due to "them damn newfangled computers". Because this is the first time algorithmic trading has ever been used, in the history of ever.

FFS man everyone knows you have been caught lying yet again. Keep on digging it's entertaining though.

Uncle Bill’s stop Order on QQQ through his ETrade account was responsible for the $1T swing in valuations folks.

Now we know.

Reactions: humanjerk
Ninja believes that China is a 100% free market so it's not surprising he doesn't understand how the stock markets work.

Still waiting for you to provide proof of your claims, you lying sack of shit. No wonder you are called Fox News Bob, you lie almost as much as they do.

LOL

What do you call a person who obsessively argues while talking to only himself?

ADVERTISEMENT