ADVERTISEMENT

Medical marijuana smoking ban challenged in court

Because it's the law on the books. The job of the AG is to defend and enforce the law, not decide what should and should not be enforced.

What's the big deal either way though? Does smoking have a benefit over edibles, vaping or liquids?

Reactions: UCFBS
Id have to think it doesnt have any benefit over the others listed, but maybe Im wrong.
Not sure about the medical aspects but traditional smoking will not get a person nearly as high as edibles etc . The edibles and oils will continue to stack doses on top of each other while smoking seems to have a cap and more smoking has little or no additional effect .

Or so I’ve heard

I don't get Sessions obsession with this
I do. He said so during his confirmation. He said he's going to enforce every law, and if people don't like that, they should change it.

As much as I cannot stand Sessions (don't get me started), as a Libertarian, I'm glad he's doing this. That's what we really need right now, people getting the full enforcement of the law, so it will push people to change the law.

That said ... this is a state case and matter, not federal. Sessions has nothing to do with this.

1. DeSantis stopped fighting this and thankfully allowed medicinal marijuana to fully proceed in FL

2. I just had a video sent to me from a family friend whose kid suffers from epilepsy and upon going into a seizure, they gave him a syringe of cannabis prescribed by their doctor and within a minute the seizure was over. This shit needs to be more readily available for medical purposes

1. DeSantis stopped fighting this and thankfully allowed medicinal marijuana to fully proceed in FL

2. I just had a video sent to me from a family friend whose kid suffers from epilepsy and upon going into a seizure, they gave him a syringe of cannabis prescribed by their doctor and within a minute the seizure was over. This shit needs to be more readily available for medical purposes

That’s awesome. Glad the kid has something that can help. I saw a video the other day of a man with Parkinson’s that was shaking like crazy - wouldn’t have been able to hold a feather bad - he smoked and was sitting normally and carrying on a conversation.

Within 5 years it’ll probably be federally legal for anyone, definitely medicinal though.

It's a plant. People should be able to grow it in their backyard and not be a scam to buy.

Because it's the law on the books. The job of the AG is to defend and enforce the law, not decide what should and should not be enforced.

What's the big deal either way though? Does smoking have a benefit over edibles, vaping or liquids?
First point is spot on and what we should ask of our public servants. If an attorney general doesn't enforce the law as it is written then that person needs to find another line of work.

My personal opinion is that it's a stupid law and needs to be overturned, but there is a right way of doing it.

If only certain politicians would stop living in the 1950's...

Reactions: UCFWayne
It's a plant. People should be able to grow it in their backyard and not be a scam to buy.
This is a bit naive. Cocaine and heroin both come from plants as well. Both of those plants have some effect in their unaltered forms.

With that said, marijuana doesn’t have the same impact of the other two and should never have been illegal in the first place.

I don't know a whole lot about this, but it would seem that edibles would provide the same effect and not do damage to the lungs like smoking would. Of course, I live in a state where smoking it is a misdemeanor but possessing edibles is a felony so I can't act like anybody up here has any answers.

I don't know a whole lot about this, but it would seem that edibles would provide the same effect and not do damage to the lungs like smoking would. Of course, I live in a state where smoking it is a misdemeanor but possessing edibles is a felony so I can't act like anybody up here has any answers.

Honestly I'd be all for a move to 100% edibles and make edibles way more prolific. Weed may have benefits but it smells like total shit and people who smoke smell like total shit.

Honestly I'd be all for a move to 100% edibles and make edibles way more prolific. Weed may have benefits but it smells like total shit and people who smoke smell like total shit.
I don't really care what someone wants to do with their body so just get the frigging govt out of it altogether. Just treat it like alcohol:. It's legal but if you infringe on another person's rights or life while under the influence then you will be punished for it. I have problems with DUI laws as well, quite honestly. I know people who can have 2 beers and be completely hammered but their BAC is probably under the legal limit, so no crime if they get pulled over. I also know people who could be double the legal limit and be totally fine but if there's a tail light out then you're going to jail. The fact that field sobriety tests carry zero weight and a breathalyzer test carries 100% weight is just stupid. I could probably blow a .2 and still dance the mamba while doing calculus. My wife has 1 beer and she's practically falling down. These arbitrary laws really make no sense.

Edibles take forever to take effect, smoking is instantaneous.
I thinkin' it depends on how much edibles you eat.

As a freshman in college, I got unintentionally high as a kite eating some delicious homemade brownies at an off-campus party.

Edibles take forever to take effect, smoking is instantaneous.

As a freshman in college, I got unintentionally high as a kite eating some delicious homemade brownies at an off-campus party.

No, the only difference would be how full your stomach was when you ate. It can still take 1.5-2 hours.

If you’re taking MM for pain purposes, it’s hard to justify edibles over inhaling.

Edibles are easy to take way too much of . They also last a lot longer than smoking . With smoking it’s a lot more controlled and the “psychotic effects “ can be much more pronounced with edibles . Edibles can lead to paranoia and all sorts of shit it’s hard to come down from if too large a dose is taken . You just have to wait it out and that can be a very long wait . Smoking the natural product is less intense for the most part and a user can sober up or come down much easier when they need / want to

Reactions: ChrisKnight06
Edibles are easy to take way too much of . They also last a lot longer than smoking . With smoking it’s a lot more controlled and the “psychotic effects “ can be much more pronounced with edibles . Edibles can lead to paranoia and all sorts of shit it’s hard to come down from if too large a dose is taken . You just have to wait it out and that can be a very long wait . Smoking the natural product is less intense for the most part and a user can sober up or come down much easier when they need / want to
This board is apparently just chock full of marijuana addicted derelicts. I'm disappointed in all of you.

Based on your grammar in that first sentence, I would guess that you've not given up on them.

Reactions: UCFBS and UCFWayne
not me, ive stayed away from it. but i dont hope its decriminalized and made available for medical reasons.
What about just some of the extracts? Available in pill form?

And further research? That's been my biggest issue.

I don't really care what someone wants to do with their body so just get the frigging govt out of it altogether. Just treat it like alcohol:. It's legal but if you infringe on another person's rights or life while under the influence then you will be punished for it. I have problems with DUI laws as well, quite honestly. I know people who can have 2 beers and be completely hammered but their BAC is probably under the legal limit, so no crime if they get pulled over. I also know people who could be double the legal limit and be totally fine but if there's a tail light out then you're going to jail. The fact that field sobriety tests carry zero weight and a breathalyzer test carries 100% weight is just stupid. I could probably blow a .2 and still dance the mamba while doing calculus. My wife has 1 beer and she's practically falling down. These arbitrary laws really make no sense.
FST’s are still a big part of the evidence that police need to collect in order for you to be prosecuted. The breathalyzers aren’t even admissible in some jurisdictions.

As for the BAC levels for intoxication, MADD has been heavily behind the lobbying for those laws around the world. Prior to breathalyzers, police used their judgement and experience to assess impairment. The statute was DWI, driving while impaired. You’re absolutely right that people can show impairment below the levels and some people far above the levels show no impairment. Even most police officers will acknowledge this fact. But they have to do their jobs and enforce the laws. Worse for them, they open themselves up for liability if they let someone drive away at .09 showing no impairment and then that person gets in an accident with injuries or death.

Years ago after a UCF game I ate a gummy from Denver. We took an Uber downtown and for a while I thought it was a dud or something. Then we got to Lodge and I wound up sitting on a barstool laughing with my friends for an hour about nothing in particular

FST’s are still a big part of the evidence that police need to collect in order for you to be prosecuted. The breathalyzers aren’t even admissible in some jurisdictions.

As for the BAC levels for intoxication, MADD has been heavily behind the lobbying for those laws around the world. Prior to breathalyzers, police used their judgement and experience to assess impairment. The statute was DWI, driving while impaired. You’re absolutely right that people can show impairment below the levels and some people far above the levels show no impairment. Even most police officers will acknowledge this fact. But they have to do their jobs and enforce the laws. Worse for them, they open themselves up for liability if they let someone drive away at .09 showing no impairment and then that person gets in an accident with injuries or death.
I get that, and understand the liability involved but it seems beyond stupid to hold a cop liable for the actions of someone else no matter what. A cop could let a person go who blows a .07 and is totally fine to drive and then 30 minutes later that person's BAC could rise to .09 just based on physiology alone. Or the reverse could happen and that person could cause a fatality. The former would be viewed by the law as different than the latter. It makes no sense.

It is all about knowing what you're taking and finding the right strains. Marijuana is scientific now. The scientists have figured it out. Sativas will usually lead to more paranoia than Indica. Indica lends a more sleepy effect. Not to mention strains with a higher CBD to THC ratio. Honestly, there is a correct strain out there for any person on any occasion. You just have to experiment and figure it out.

Eat your edibles about 10 minutes after eating some food. The digestive process has already started, and the effects will be felt within 20-30 minutes. Taking without food takes much longer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT