ADVERTISEMENT

Men’s Basketball Preview: UCF vs Temple

ucf1

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2001
Temple has played nine conference games, but all except one have been decided by 10 points or less. There’s no reason to think this won’t be a similar type of game - writes
John Weis for the Sons of UCF on UCF Men's Basketball's Saturday game vs Temple.

Click here to read more.

Reactions: DeezKnights
the Dawkins cycle
mandalorian-this-is-the-way.gif

Good and bad news. Next year it will be a completely different team.
No...please....we don't need another finish like last year. I hope this isn't the best that Johnny can be as the HC at UCF. Two years in a row where we win some games early and raise expectations and then we fall off the bed. Makes you scratch your head. BTW, Jamille Reynolds (yes, the same guy who, after 2 years at UCF, left us after last year's debacle) had 16 points and 5 rebounds in 21 minutes against us today and is averaging double figures this season. That's after averaging 3 ppg for us last year. Seems there's something wrong with this picture.

No...please....we don't need another finish like last year. I hope this isn't the best that Johnny can be as the HC at UCF. Two years in a row where we win some games early and raise expectations and then we fall off the bed. Makes you scratch your head. BTW, Jamille Reynolds (yes, the same guy who, after 2 years at UCF, left us after last year's debacle) had 16 points and 5 rebounds in 21 minutes against us today and is averaging double figures this season. That's after averaging 3 ppg for us last year. Seems there's something wrong with this picture.
Yeah last year I thought Reynolds played lazily. Today played well. Hendricks plays sluggishly a lot too. Today had 6 points in 40 minutes. Seems to be the offense we run.

Yeah last year I thought Reynolds played lazily. Today played well. Hendricks plays sluggishly a lot too. Today had 6 points in 40 minutes. Seems to be the offense we run.
Hendricks is playing big minutes. He’s great. Don’t get me wrong. It’s just a different level of play and he might be hitting the wall a little.

Hendricks is playing big minutes. He’s great. Don’t get me wrong. It’s just a different level of play and he might be hitting the wall a little.
Could be true but between High School and travel/aau teams, kids play all year around. I don’t really see a will to win from him. Talent is great but heart wins games. He needs to show heart.

Could be true but between High School and travel/aau teams, kids play all year around. I don’t really see a will to win from him. Talent is great but heart wins games. He needs to show heart.
The level of play (and practice) each and every night is way more physical than high school/AAU. Going to school, training, classes, away game travel, living away from your old support network and finding a new one. How to fit into a team when you are used to being "the man". Maybe being a more vocal and on-court leader is part of what this year is as well. All things a young guy is grappling with. It all takes a physical and mental toll. He'll grow from it, though. He probably also dominated most nights in AAU, whereas guys may not be as gifted physically but they know how to play the game better and make him work harder. It's not abnormal for this to happen to a freshman. Same goes for rookies in the NBA.

I would agree he seems pretty calm out there and doesn't get very jacked-up. I still think at this point we should just feed him the ball more and see where that can take us. Nothing else is really working at this time.

The level of play (and practice) each and every night is way more physical than high school/AAU. Going to school, training, classes, away game travel, living away from your old support network and finding a new one. How to fit into a team when you are used to being "the man". Maybe being a more vocal and on-court leader is part of what this year is as well. All things a young guy is grappling with. It all takes a physical and mental toll. He'll grow from it, though. He probably also dominated most nights in AAU, whereas guys may not be as gifted physically but they know how to play the game better and make him work harder. It's not abnormal for this to happen to a freshman. Same goes for rookies in the NBA.

I would agree he seems pretty calm out there and doesn't get very jacked-up. I still think at this point we should just feed him the ball more and see where that can take us. Nothing else is really working at this time.
He gets the ball and doesn’t create a shot. Just passes it.

ADVERTISEMENT