ADVERTISEMENT

Men's track team

PNWKnight

Four-Star Recruit
Dec 22, 2015
With Frost at the helm and speed being a big focus what is the chance of getting a men's track team? Track is big at Oregon. Maybe he can help getting the ball rolling. I believe it would help with recruiting.

With Frost at the helm and speed being a big focus what is the chance of getting a men's track team? Track is big at Oregon. Maybe he can help getting the ball rolling. I believe it would help with recruiting.

Only way UCF can add a men's scholarship sport is to add in similar percentage (to the student body, which is majority female), a women's scholarship program too.

In the case of rising costs of Athletics and without a sugar daddy TV deal...UCF will not add any new mens/womens sports teams for the foreseeable future.

Focus rightfully will be on making existing programs the best as possible...even if on a shoe-string budget (most sports besides football).

Yeah not going to happen. Welcome to following UCF athletics.
Maybe not. One can only wish that with a new direction and vision unexpected things will materialize.

Btw, I am far from new to UCF athletics. I graduated with my master's in 1999. I have been lurking here since 97. Just never felt the need to post anything. I moved to Eugen after graduating and really enjoyed PAC10 track and field. Now I live in WSU/UW country. Great area to live minus the annoying football fans.

Reactions: UCFhonors
Absolutely. This has been talked about a few times this year. It's a selling point for some dual sport recruits, and can help improve the speed of our athletes in the offseason. Aren't we selling UCFast?? Makes sense then to have a track team.

How about grabbing the occasional non-football athlete off the track team that runs a 10.2-10.5 100 meter to return kicks and run a play or 2 to exploit that speed in a game?

Another thing in that some top lineman in HS are discus throwers and shot putters. At the very least, we can improve the quickness and coordination of some of these type of athletes. Those are the type of lineman we are recruiting now as well. The smaller, quicker types.

It just makes for an overall stronger and more well-rounded athletic program in general.

Last edited:
Reactions: PNWKnight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT