ADVERTISEMENT

Mercedes Benz Stadium Experience at Peach Bowl

MilanDog

High School Harry
Jun 30, 2001
Georgia fan here. First let me congratulate you guys on a great season. Fun watching your team this year.

Just had a question for those of you who attended the Peach Bowl. I have been to the SECCG and the NCG in Mercedes Benz stadium and had issues both times. 45 minutes in line for the SECCG and two hours for the NCG. Obviously the president visit didn't help for the NCG and there was no organization, but the building has some design flaws as far as flow of people in and out. A lot of Georgia and Alabama fans saying they would never come back to the stadium. Just wondered what the experience was for the UCF fans. Maybe I am judging too harshly because I have only been twice but I heard there were also some issues at the Ga Tech Tennessee game on Labor Day night.

Mercedes Benz Stadium was great overall. Took the Marta from the North Springs station and was dropped off a short walk to the entrance and got right in. The timing of the trains at Four Points to the stadium was timed very well for the switch.

The biggest surprise were the lines for the rest rooms at half time well out the door. Also, all but two of the machines at the North Springs Marta station were broken and a staff member was helping everyone with getting their train ticket. We just missed a train because of this but still made it to the stadium in time for the anthem. A minor issue from the UCF seating area was trying to find out the stats of the game (ie. how many timeouts, time left on the clock). The main part of the game was being played between 4pm-6pm and it was hard to determine if I was looking at the game clock or the time of day from around the stadium when it matters how much time is left on the clock. Those should be differentiated better or just turn off the time-of-day clocks.

People complain about leaving our stadium most weeks anyway. Plus about length of lines getting food and bathroom as well. Probably used to it.

Yeah it takes some time to kind of your eyes adjusted to where things are and brightness of lights and Halo board. There is no doubt it is a beautiful stadium and has a lot of bells and whistles. The issue I have experienced and what everyone on our board has been talking about is the lack of entrances and exits so when you get a big crowd in there it can be a mess. Getting out was an issue for us too.

Reactions: Knight_Light
Came from Inman Park on MARTA and walked right up to the stadium and was inside within 15 minutes. We were thankful as it was really cold that day. Went to a different gate b/c the one I first approached had longer lines. I had an easy experience getting into a Vikings Falcons game too, but for FWIW, the stadium was only half full for the NFL game. Lots of Vikings fans, weak showing for Falcons fans.

As for leaving the game, all of the UCF fans stuck around for the trophy presentation. All of the Auburn fans were gone by the time UCF fans started to leave. UCF games also tend to be more social in-nature than other football games I have attended elsewhere so people tend to linger a little more that would help with getting in and out.

Reactions: lemonice1
Was there about 1.5 hrs before the game and only stood in line like 15 minutes. No issues. I think the President being there screwed things up. It heightens security, and causes traffic issues as well because they block off routes. I remember when Obama would come to McDill AFB from time-to-time (Tampa). They shut down highways, roads, etc... you just stayed away. Any place they travel becomes cluster-F.

No line to get in but we were there 2 hours before kick. Was wall to wall people moving very slow trying to exit after the game though.

Georgia fan here. First let me congratulate you guys on a great season. Fun watching your team this year.

Just had a question for those of you who attended the Peach Bowl. I have been to the SECCG and the NCG in Mercedes Benz stadium and had issues both times. 45 minutes in line for the SECCG and two hours for the NCG. Obviously the president visit didn't help for the NCG and there was no organization, but the building has some design flaws as far as flow of people in and out. A lot of Georgia and Alabama fans saying they would never come back to the stadium. Just wondered what the experience was for the UCF fans. Maybe I am judging too harshly because I have only been twice but I heard there were also some issues at the Ga Tech Tennessee game on Labor Day night.
There are probably still some kinks to work out with a new stadium. They'll probably get addressed in the off-season.

And LOL at Bama and Dawg fans saying they'd never go back. Looks like SEC champ tickets are gonna be cheap for years to come. They bring their salty to stadiums too.

I agree that it took too long to get in the stadium. Coming from the fan fest to Gate 2 put us in a huge crowd. We were instructed to go Gate 1 but that was a bit of a hike down stairs and around the building (no signage that I could see).

Once we got there the line moved slow an could have been improved with better staffing and adding additional trash cans next to the body scanners.

I agree that it took too long to get in the stadium. Coming from the fan fest to Gate 2 put us in a huge crowd. We were instructed to go Gate 1 but that was a bit of a hike down stairs and around the building (no signage that I could see).

Once we got there the line moved slow an could have been improved with better staffing and adding additional trash cans next to the body scanners.

From what you just said it almost makes me think that some gates are easier than others to get in. What doesn't make sense to me is a stadium having three gates so close on one corner and only one other side?

I am sure it will get better in time but the lack of signage is an issue also.

The 6 degree wind chill did not help but we were in the stadium within 20 mins of arriving. Crazy mass of people inside the stadium walking the concourse. The bathroom lines were long but that is to be expected. Lines for beer were not bad. I was surprised last call was the 2nd half kickoff, seems early. Breathtaking stadium!

The gate we entered was a turnstile with an automated ticket scanner that let you through. I assume the backups were at the security screenings before that point.

We stood in line for 8 minutes. Got there about 40 minutes before kickoff and the lines weren’t too bad.

We showed up at Gate 2 and walked all the way to the left on the inside of the concrete wall and no one was in line to the left. It’s like people were too cold to look around

The stadium definitely seems to have a bottleneck for getting in and out. Considering all the Auburn fans had left, I was expecting to walk right out but it was pretty slow. One nice thing about Spectrum is that you can walk out in almost every direction and get out quickly.

Reactions: Mikesi
The refill-your-drinks-at-your-leisure feature is tremendous and should be followed by every stadium.
My only criticism of this feature is they need to double or triple the stations. We were slumming it in section 339 and the drink line seemed too long to me. It was quick paying for sure but then you waited in a drink line. This was between quarter 1 and quarter 2.

We went in way, way early to the Peach, over an hour before kickoff, and didn't have the issues others did.

But yeah, the President's arrival really screwed up the NC game.

Was there 40 minutes before kickoff Gate 4 was slammed but we went to gate 1 and got in in about 5 minutes. Getting out was pretty easy, Auburn fans were gone at the end of 4th q and UCF fans stayed around which was still probably 37-40k. Bottle neck at the bottom of the escalator coming from 200 level but nothing too bad. Self serve coke was the bomb and only $4 for the cup.

My real complaint is that the environment is nice but sterile. I don't like the Halo board as you have to crane you head totally up and away from the field to look at it. Also it did not seem to get as loud as many other stadiums I have been at. I don't know how loud it got on the field but I know UCF fans were screaming, but it never seemed that loud,

We go at there 2 hours before the game to tailgate inside. Maybe 15 minute wait. Had a friend who arrived later and never made it to the 100 Yard Club because he just couldn’t get in and get there.

Was there 40 minutes before kickoff Gate 4 was slammed but we went to gate 1 and got in in about 5 minutes. Getting out was pretty easy, Auburn fans were gone at the end of 4th q and UCF fans stayed around which was still probably 37-40k. Bottle neck at the bottom of the escalator coming from 200 level but nothing too bad. Self serve coke was the bomb and only $4 for the cup.

My real complaint is that the environment is nice but sterile. I don't like the Halo board as you have to crane you head totally up and away from the field to look at it. Also it did not seem to get as loud as many other stadiums I have been at. I don't know how loud it got on the field but I know UCF fans were screaming, but it never seemed that loud,
I agree, thumbs down on the halo board

I like Spectrum stadium. Call me a homer, but being in the lower Cabana, I always have a great experience. It’s cozy and very convenient. Easy to get in and out. Our scoreboard is very nice. So is the music and video effects. There’s no place like home

I seemed to be too far away from the action at Mercedes Benz, Maybe the field was too far away from the stands. Additionally, the bathroom lines and the drink lines were too long.

I had club seats which were great! Getting in and out was super easy and the club was fantastic. I was not overly impressed with the halo board because I expected to always be able to find in game stats. It was also hard to find down and distance

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT