ADVERTISEMENT

***Michael Cohen Testimony Mega Thread***

fried-chicken

Diamond Knight
Jan 27, 2011
Tomorrow is the big day.

Cohen is expected to shred Donald on a multitude of criminal activity claims including while he was president.

Republicans are expected to try to attack the character of Cohen, who the president willfully employed for many many years.

To me there's no way this looks good for Donald. Either he is a criminal president (he is) or he employed a known scumbag for years (he did)

I took the day off to watch. Might grill some wings for lunch.

Tomorrow is the big day.

Cohen is expected to shred Donald on a multitude of criminal activity claims including while he was president.

Republicans are expected to try to attack the character of Cohen, who the president willfully employed for many many years.

To me there's no way this looks good for Donald. Either he is a criminal president (he is) or he employed a known scumbag for years (he did)

I took the day off to watch. Might grill some wings for lunch.
Not surprising that you have so much interest in what a self-described liar has to say.

Anyone who doesn't believe Trump thinks he's above the law is fooling themselves.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Why would that be a pertinent question in regards to illegal activity?
Cohen is going to jail for campaign finance violations regarding paying off trumps mistresses. So I would say it's appropriate to know the history of his relationship paying off Trump mistresses to determine if that was a campaign violation or normal activity in their relationship.

Cohen is going to jail for campaign finance violations regarding paying off trumps mistresses. So I would say it's appropriate to know the history of his relationship paying off Trump mistresses to determine if that was a campaign violation or normal activity in their relationship.
Regardless, it would be a campaign finance violation if Trump didn't reimburse him for the payments but not a violation on Trumps part.

Regardless, it would be a campaign finance violation if Trump didn't reimburse him for the payments but not a violation on Trumps part.
Wrong again. You are not allowed to have someone else pay your debts and then pay them back because a loan has value, money has value each day you hold it.

If Trump had paid his mistresses directly and reported that as a campaign contribution it would have been fine.

Getting an unsecured loan and then paying it back over several months and not reporting it as a campaign contribution is illegal.

Wrong again. You are not allowed to have someone else pay your debts and then pay them back because a loan has value, money has value each day you hold it.

If Trump had paid his mistresses directly and reported that as a campaign contribution it would have been fine.

Getting an unsecured loan and then paying it back over several months and not reporting it as a campaign contribution is illegal.

Thats a pretty high burden to prove. There's a difference between a loan and regular business activity.

Thats a pretty high burden to prove. There's a difference between a loan and regular business activity.
It's actually pretty cut and dry. Cohen paid it with his own money. He got $35,000 back each month for 4 months. I don't really see how anyone could look at that in anyway other than a 4 month loan.

It's actually pretty cut and dry. Cohen paid it with his own money. He got $35,000 back each month for 4 months. I don't really see how anyone could look at that in anyway other than a 4 month loan.
So if a customer of mine pays me over the course of 4 months then my work actually became a loan, but if they pay me in 1 lump sum 4 months later then its regular business?

So if a customer of mine pays me over the course of 4 months then my work actually became a loan, but if they pay me in 1 lump sum 4 months later then its regular business?

Your description is a loan in both cases, one is a 4 month instalment loan and the other is a 4 month loan with a balloon payment.

The law is very easy to understand.

- Trump can contribute an unlimited amount to his campaign.

- These payoffs are a campaign expense so need to be run through the campaign.

- He cannot get loans from individuals to contribute to his campaign.

- Michael Cohen cannot contribute unlimited amounts to his campaign. He is limited to $2700.

Your description is a loan in both cases, one is a 4 month instalment loan and the other is a 4 month loan with a balloon payment.

The law is very easy to understand.

- Trump can contribute an unlimited amount to his campaign.

- These payoffs are a campaign expense so need to be run through the campaign.

- He cannot get loans from individuals to contribute to his campaign.

- Michael Cohen cannot contribute unlimited amounts to his campaign. He is limited to $2700.
If the payments were part of business activity then it isnt a loan, its a bill. A loan doesn't include professional services outside of processing fees. If Cohen actively engaged in business activity that made him a profit beyond interest then it isnt a loan.

If the payments were part of business activity then it isnt a loan, its a bill. A loan doesn't include professional services outside of processing fees. If Cohen actively engaged in business activity that made him a profit beyond interest then it isnt a loan.
That's why it's important for Congress to understand how often Cohen paid for things like affairs and abortions so they can start to determine if this was a common business expense or a campaign related expense.

That's why it's important for Congress to understand how often Cohen paid for things like affairs and abortions so they can start to determine if this was a common business expense or a campaign related expense.
It doesn't matter if it was the only time trump paid cohen to do this or if it happened dozens of times, it is a form of the type of regular business practice that lawyers engage in with clients.

It doesn't matter if it was the only time trump paid cohen to do this or if it happened dozens of times, it is a form of the type of regular business practice that lawyers engage in with clients.
If it was done specifically because of the campaign then it matters.

I don't think you are grasping that we have a specific set of laws that apply to those who are running for office that do not apply to those who are not.

If it was done specifically because of the campaign then it matters.

I don't think you are grasping that we have a specific set of laws that apply to those who are running for office that do not apply to those who are not.
If it was done specifically for the campaign and Trump paid for it, whether it was directly or in 4 payments then he did not commit a crime. This is unlike the Edwards case where payments were made for the sake of the campaign with no reimbursement or intent to reimburse the expense. Regardless, Edwards wasnt convicted and neither will Trump be. At the very worst its a civil case and not a criminal case against Trump, similar to Obama in 2008.

If it was done specifically for the campaign and Trump paid for it, whether it was directly or in 4 payments then he did not commit a crime. This is unlike the Edwards case where payments were made for the sake of the campaign with no reimbursement or intent to reimburse the expense. Regardless, Edwards wasnt convicted and neither will Trump be. At the very worst its a civil case and not a criminal case against Trump, similar to Obama in 2008.
You're overlooking the fact that I don't care about this as a campaign finance violation even though it is one. Remember how this conversation started?

You were wondering what rationale they would use to ask about Trump's history with abortion and I told you about a legitimate crime that I know won't lead to anything nor do I think it should.

I'm just telling you how they should find out how many babies he murdered.

Reactions: Crazyhole
You're overlooking the fact that I don't care about this as a campaign finance violation even though it is one. Remember how this conversation started?

You were wondering what rationale they would use to ask about Trump's history with abortion and I told you about a legitimate crime that I know won't lead to anything nor do I think it should.

I'm just telling you how they should find out how many babies he murdered.
Does this mean you've given up on the idea that Trump is a criminal?

Reactions: UCFWayne
I love how the only red hat that even bothered to show up in this thread is getting torn a new logic butthole

Thanks for stopping by.

I don't know know if I should congratulate you on at least opening this thread, or just shake my head that you are attempting to argue that this won't be bad for Trump. At least Wayne and 85 know this is not good for Trump.

Anyway it should be an fun day tomorrow. I look forward to keeping everyone in the loop since alt-right-news.ru won't be covering this I'm sure.

Is this where the mentally unhinged people hang on his every word and demand that every word he used as a pretext to impeachment?

I don't know know if I should congratulate you on at least opening this thread, or just shake my head that you are attempting to argue that this won't be bad for Trump. At least Wayne and 85 know this is not good for Trump.
It wont be good and I'm happy about that. At the same time, I have no delusions about this being some kind of silver bullet that's going to take him down. In 3 weeks nobody will care, Trump will still be president, and some other thing will take peoples political attention.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Is this where the mentally unhinged people hang on his every word and demand that every word he used as a pretext to impeachment?
Trump only hires the best people so since he worked for Trump forever I'm assuming he's wildly trustworthy and a high quality individual right?

He won't be impeached. The dirty little secret is that the left actually likes having him in office. They need a boogieman to run against. None of them actually care about the country, they care about getting reelected.

He won't be impeached. The dirty little secret is that the left actually likes having him in office. They need a boogieman to run against. None of them actually care about the country, they care about getting reelected.

True. You can run on a pro-infanticide platform and not even get a second look once you scream about how much you hate Trump and everyone who supports him

I dont like the direction this thread is going and the topic makes me uncomfortable because it exposes the fact that I'm willing to look the other way to protect a criminal president. I better change the subject. Hillary? No too played out. Uranium One? No too many connections to Russia. Taxes? No, too easy to show only the wealthy benefited. I know! Infanticide!

ADVERTISEMENT