ADVERTISEMENT

Michelle Rodriquez's Note to Minorities: Stop Stealing White SuperHeroes

Knight_Light

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Michelle Rodriguez: Minorities should stop 'stealing' white superheroes

Michelle Rodriguez has sparked controversy by slamming Hollywood for casting minority actors in superhero roles that were originally conceived as white characters. It all started when a paparazzo asked the actress about a rumor that she'd been considered to play the Green Lantern. Rodriguez gave a very blunt response.

"That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard," said the star of the "Green Lantern" rumor. (Historically, the Green Lantern has been a white man.) Rodriguez then declared, "I think it's so stupid… because of this whole, like, 'minorities in Hollywood' thing… it's so stupid, it's, like, stop stealing all the white people's superheroes. Make up your own, you know what I'm saying? What's up with that?"

See link for complete article:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebrity/michelle-rodriguez-minorities-should-stop-stealing-white-superheroes/ar-BBi5Is6

Breakfast & lunch 2 cups of coffee 16 oz whole milk piece of toast / leftovers Little Caesar's cheese pizza from no meat Friday & a frozen Jimmy Dean now
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Brahman, can you make KL's IP forward to something like www.creedthoughts.gov.www\creedthoughts when he comes to the cooler?

What stupid is 90% of everything that comes out of hollywood. Why in hell do people star worship I'll never understand.

bitchesbecrazy.gif

Funny thing is, there already is a black green lantern known as John Stewart. And he's pretty well established and has been for some time.

Originally posted by brahmanknight:
I was considering making pancakes this morning, but decided to go with some donuts from DD instead.
I just recently re-fell in love with the mini powdered doughnuts you can get a publix. mmmmmmmm

Originally posted by UCFWayne:

Originally posted by brahmanknight:
I was considering making pancakes this morning, but decided to go with some donuts from DD instead.
I just recently re-fell in love with the mini powdered doughnuts you can get a publix. mmmmmmmm
Never really could share the love for the powdered doughnuts like everyone else. Don't know why.

Originally posted by ChrisKnight06:
White people, stop stealing black music.

I mean wtf??
Please. Other than eminem, what white guys can really pull it off. We tried and it was as pathetic as you would expect it to be.

Justin Timberlake
Robin Thicke
Justin Bieber

Maybe I should start at the beginning?
I don't know that I would call Justin Timberlake's stuff black music. But Robin Thicke and Justin Bieber kind of prove my point.

" I don't know that I would call Justin Timberlake's stuff black music. "

Dude. blues, r&b, house, hip-hop, rap, jazz, soul, rock, funk, disco.

The fact you don't recognize it proves MY point. What do you think black music is exactly?

Robin Thicke is very talented btw. What are you listening to?

Not gonna even try and have a conversation about Justin Bieber b/c of the train wreck he has become personally.

Justin Timberlake
Robin Thicke
Justin Bieber

Maybe I should start at the beginning?

Black people wouldn't be caught dead listening to that stuff...so GDS is correct.

" I don't know that I would call Justin Timberlake's stuff black music. "

Dude. blues, r&b, house, hip-hop, rap, jazz, soul, rock, funk, disco.

The fact you don't recognize it proves MY point. What do you think black music is exactly?
You're right, I was thinking of him in more a pop format which didn't fall into your list there which is the list I was working off of minus rock which I wouldn't put in that list. I know the origins of Rock were, but it is 50 years later on that.

"Black people wouldn't be caught dead listening to that stuff...so GDS is correct."

So basically you know nothing about black people. We claim Timberlake and Thicke.

"Black people wouldn't be caught dead listening to that stuff...so GDS is correct."

So basically you know nothing about black people. We claim Timberlake and Thicke.
You get them and we get who? Michael Steele and Ben Carson... yay...

I was just repeating what my black friend brahman told me.

Zeppelin & the bands they stole from also stole from blacks.

Caught Robin Thicke opening for John Legend way back when - hadn't heard of him til then - tremendous showman

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT