ADVERTISEMENT

"Michigan: Fans ‘need to relax’ about run game"--they are not!

Any team finds it difficult to run vs 7-8 guys in the box...even Alabama was hurting for rushing yards against a nobody. The problem with 7-8 guys in the box is it opens up the air raid attacks which, as you saw, hurts. Not sure I would hang my hat on that as a point of pride. Our running backs were flattered that you guys had to commit 3/4s of your team to try and stop them. But alot of bright spots in that game for you...I liked what I saw and hope/think you guys will have a 7 or 8 win season.

Last edited:
even Alabama was hurting for rushing yards against a nobody.
Thanks for reminding us how we beat Alabama 16 years ago. We came back from trailing 23-6 and won with a field goal as time expired. Their coach was summarily fired, largely for losing to us and blowing such a big lead.

Any team finds it difficult to run vs 7-8 guys in the box...even Alabama was hurting for rushing yards against a nobody. The problem with 7-8 guys in the box is it opens up the air raid attacks which, as you saw, hurts. Not sure I would hang my hat on that as a point of pride. Our running backs were flattered that you guys had to commit 3/4s of your team to try and stop them. But alot of bright spots in that game for you...I liked what I saw and hope/think you guys will have a 7 or 8 win season.
I truly believe that UCF is going to have a great defense against the run this year and rushing offense.

Honestly, I certainly would be worrying about the run game, but much more
so, Michigan's ability to stop the run

Problem is, we don't know how good we (UCF) are yet, so it's tough for Michigan to gauge

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT