Baylor (7-5)
Iowa State (7-5)
Kansas (6-6)
BYU (6-6)
Oklahoma State (6-6)
Cincinnati (6-6)
West Virginia (5-7)
Houston (4-8)

Only 4 losses for UCF would be nice for year 1 in the BIG12!

I'd rather see us in that top 2 playing for the conference title, but the realist in me is saying there's a very real possibility that we won't finish that high. The team seems to believe they can win the conference title right now, based on the interviews I've watched. Let's all hope they're proven right and shock the college football world.

Reactions: UCF365
I'd rather see us in that top 2 playing for the conference title, but the realist in me is saying there's a very real possibility that we won't finish that high. The team seems to believe they can win the conference title right now, based on the interviews I've watched. Let's all hope they're proven right and shock the college football world.
We're NOT winning the conference championship or be anywhere close.

Lets just get that through our heads now.

....so that we don't lose our minds when we start racking up the losses.

Like I said, I am trying to be a realist. Having said that, maybe the way I ended that last post wasn't realistic enough, so I'll try to meet you in the middle. Let's just see how the Kent State game goes first, then we'll see how the team does against Boise State, then Villanova, K-State, Baylor, etc. We'll just take it one game at a time and judge as the season progresses. Fair enough?

Lol.

BIG 12

Oklahoma (11-1)
Texas (10-2)
Kansas State (9-3)
UCF (8-4)
Texas Tech (8-4)
TCU (7-5)
Baylor (7-5)
Iowa State (7-5)
Kansas (6-6)
BYU (6-6)
Oklahoma State (6-6)
Cincinnati (6-6)
West Virginia (5-7)
Houston (4-8)

Only 4 losses for UCF would be nice for year 1 in the BIG12!
So 12 teams make a bowl? Lmfao.

Like I said, I am trying to be a realist. Having said that, maybe the way I ended that last post wasn't realistic enough, so I'll try to meet you in the middle. Let's just see how the Kent State game goes first, then we'll see how the team does against Boise State, then Villanova, K-State, Baylor, etc. We'll just take it one game at a time and judge as the season progresses. Fair enough?
No. Not fair enough.

I'm immediately initiating legal procedures against you based on your slanderously optimistic statements regarding UCF's up-coming season.

this defeats the purpose of a preseason guess to hype the fans up for the season.

I agree and if some sort of miracle happens then all the more exciting!

I was going with 7-5 as my baseline. We have the talent to beat Boise and it's early so Plumlee should be totally healthy, but that is a tough place to play. I've got us going 4-5 in conference play (winning 3 of 4 at home, and then 1 road game). We'll see what we look like after 5 games, and I will reassess. By then we've played two cupcakes at home, two tough road games (one in conference), and a home conference game. Our schedule really is pretty tough, and it's not just who we play but what order we are playing games and the fact that this year we are playing 5 conference road game (next year will be 4). 3 of our 4 first conference games are on the road (K State, Kansas, and Oklahoma). Then to finish the season we have 3 home, and 2 away games.

Reactions: CBlackwellRN
UCF seems to be the trendy dark horse team this year. A lot are all-in on the Malzahn/Plumlee combination, which could either be good or end up being what turns the fanbase against Malzahn.

The amount of times you see references to Malzahn and seasons success from 10+ years ago, or individual games from 5-6 years ago makes me think journalists are stuck in the past in their assessments.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT