ADVERTISEMENT

Milton update thread

Looking at the Heup interviews on Twitter, I think it is going to be bad news. He has to have a lot of information at this point.

Heup looked broken up. I know he loves his players and this can't be easy for him. Sucks. I hate USF.

Blaming USF is stupid.

Reactions: TheBullsFan
Memphis Alum here. Was really looking forward to next Saturday's Championship game and getting another shot at UCF, until I got the news about Milton's injury. Some things are simply more important than a game.

McKenzie has been a fearless competitor, winner, leader, and class act. He's the type of player that makes college football great. The type that we opposing fans have a mixed bag of disdain, respect, and awe. The last two years he has ripped the hearts out of Memphis, yet the majority of our fans simply shake our heads at his play and tip our caps. He's the type of player we should "hate" but simply can't. Excellence on the field, humility, and sportsmanship are impossible to "hate", even in a rival.

The Milton and UCF family are in my prayers. Godspeed for a quick and successful recovery.

players from most teams are out to win but when it comes to injury like this. it makes them realize how close they are to having the same happen to them. they don't like it and will be there to support a fellow player.

as for the other AT's helping. yes depending on how serious the injury is, you can never have enough help. even in keeping people away that don't need to be there.

prayers go out to this young man to a speedy recovery

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Memphis Alum here. Was really looking forward to next Saturday's Championship game and getting another shot at UCF, until I got the news about Milton's injury. Some things are simply more important than a game.

McKenzie has been a fearless competitor, winner, leader, and class act. He's the type of player that makes college football great. The type that we opposing fans have a mixed bag of disdain, respect, and awe. The last two years he has ripped the hearts out of Memphis, yet the majority of our fans simply shake our heads at his play and tip our caps. He's the type of player we should "hate" but simply can't. Excellence on the field, humility, and sportsmanship are impossible to "hate", even in a rival.

The Milton and UCF family are in my prayers. Godspeed for a quick and successful recovery.
Yep. He's the kind of player you have disdain for as an opponent, like Brady in the NFL...until he's on your team. Then he is your favorite player.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Worst case Zach Miller situation which is why they want to keep this quiet. Pray for the best!

After seeing the injury I figured he may not be back next year. If they estimate around a year recovery I suspect he will get a medical redshirt next year. That injury looked similar to the Bears TE injury. He nearly lost his leg and his return to the NFL is doubtful. Hopefully Milton can make a full recovery. I think he can find a niche in the NFL.
My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family for a complete and speedy recovery. Much love, KZ

People need to chill. He's got a bad injury and whether they give us info today, or later in the week doesn't change anything, other than we'd all like to know that he's ok.

Reactions: ahabmw and Flem3000
Re
This tweet is fake news.
Greenville has a level 1 trauma center in town.
Tulsa has a level 2 trauma center in town. Either could have stabilized his knee and repaired the damage to his artery
This is what i was frightened of

Tampa general is an amazing hospital.

Yep. He's the kind of player you have disdain for as an opponent, like Brady in the NFL...until he's on your team. Then he is your favorite player.
I cant think of any player in the NFL that compares.
IMO that goes to a retired player in another sport whose kid played on our basketball team for a couple of years.

Let the man start walking again before we pick out games for his return
yeah everyone needs to mentally prepare that he will never play QB for UCF again

I pray for a miracle and even if it trends in that positive direction whose to say he even wants to play in college again, if he's going to risk his body again he will go see if a CFL team or NFL practice squad takes a chance on him.

ADVERTISEMENT