ADVERTISEMENT

Milton update thread

Not really. Most division I schools have the best hospital in thy area. Even if you’re in the sticks.

I read in another thread that he was hit by two defenders from different directions which is why the injury was so severe....very freakish type of injury
The guy who hit him in the knee appeared to hit him well before the Dlineman caught up from the back

Reactions: JAFFX2
Well said. We also know that he is very talented and smart, he is very driven, he can be a great pocket passer, and we can win games on the ground......KZ can easily recover, he can be a less mobile pocket passer and still be better than most other QBs. First and foremost the only priority is his health and well being.....we wish him the best in recovering to live a full, normal and prosperous life. That said, don't give up on this kid, he will probably surprise you!
Couldn't agree more!

Until now I had only read about his injury, and now I wish I wouldn't have watched that video replay. From what I've read on this board about KZ I have no doubt he'll make a complete recovery with his outstanding work ethic and positive attitude. I just pray he doesn't lose his elusiveness as I really enjoyed watching him move around and throw on the run better than most top QBs standing still. Best wishes!

KZ a baller, and he be 'aight. We knew DMack was a baller too, that's why we recruited and signed this guy. Love seeing his mamma on the TV and in the crowd, just like KZ mamma.

Saw DMack parents at the game too up in UConn, along with Wyatt's parents and bunch others. They got a little clique going on with the players family on the road games. Pretty cool to see.

Before I knew who he was, I SWORE Wyatt's dad was somebody I knew and walked up to him and greated him. I was sort of half in the bag too. He walked away like ... "no dude , not me". :eek:

At this point does anyone know if MM:

1) Tore any structural knee ligaments? ACL, MCL, etc?

2) Tore a meniscus?

3) Fractured his patella?

So far, based on reports, it sounds like he tore ligaments and tendons that attach the patella by dislocating it, and additionally ruptured an artery. We do not know if the artery rupture caused any other damage.

Apparently, he is walking based only on reports.

I would think that patella injuries would be a faster recovery, since its not as directly related to the stability of the knee.

So basically, has anyone heard any reliable medical updates?

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Strength
I don't think we can expect Milton to be back until at least the 2020 season, if at all. I'm just basing this off of things people who have more access than me have said. Also his Mom said (on twitter) he would not be at the game because his doctors think it would be too risky.

But this kid has made a living off of proving people wrong so I wouldn't rule anything out.

^agreed hard to see him back in under a year but he can take a medical redshirt. I remember tay Murray tore his acl early in his career and I believe took a medical redshirt (can’t remember).

DtCFM8bUcAA3jIr.jpg:large

ADVERTISEMENT