ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota City Council Approves Abolishing Police

DAiello18

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
May 2, 2010
Tampa
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-council-puts-plan-abolish-police-motion.html

Draft language of the amendment posted online would replace the department with a Department of Community Safety and Violence Prevention, 'which will have responsibility for public safety services prioritizing a holistic, public health-oriented approach.'

The amendment goes on to say the director of the new agency would have 'non-law-enforcement experience in community safety services, including but not limited to public health and/or restorative justice approaches.'

It also provides for a division of licensed peace officers, who would answer to the department's director.

——

So maybe I’m interpreting It wrong, but It would seem to be that they have essentially rent-a-cops led by someone with no LEO training now.

In Theory wouldn’t people without training be worse in enforcing laws than people with training?

It’ll be an interesting experiment. I’m glad that I don’t live there. Here’s a little more insight into the Minnesota mindset from the Powderhorn community that decided to stop calling the police. https://legalinsurrection.com/2020/...ege-then-a-300-strong-homeless-camp-moved-in/

“Mitchell Erickson’s fingers began dialing 911 last week before he had a chance to even consider alternatives, when two black teenagers who looked to be 15, at most, cornered him outside his home a block away from the park.

One of the boys pointed a gun at Mr. Erickson’s chest, demanding his car keys.

Flustered, Mr. Erickson handed over a set, but it turned out to be house keys. The teenagers got frustrated and ran off, then stole a different car down the street.

Mr. Erickson said later that he would not cooperate with prosecutors in a case against the boys. After the altercation, he realized that if there was anything he wanted, it was to offer them help. But he still felt it had been right to call the authorities because there was a gun involved.

Two days after an initial conversation, his position had evolved. “Been thinking more about it,” he wrote in a text message. “I regret calling the police. It was my instinct but I wish it hadn’t been. I put those boys in danger of death by calling the cops.”

I honestly cannot relate to this guy’s mental frame.

It’s going to be like the Wild West. It’s not creating as much of a stir as you would think that it would, because a lot of Americans are laughing at this absolute stupidity and want to see them all kill each other.

Police are out of there, good citizens will move out of there, criminals will rule the land

Minneapolis, Minnesota will be the new Caracas, Venezuela

Lefties...lol. i would like to report an active rape. Ma'am we are going to send a peace officer in a few hours. Of course if they resist the peace officer we can later send a strong message via email.
The good news is that we haven’t had any good movies about the Wild West in years. Definitely will be a reason to watch the news, because this will be far more entertaining than 2 old guys battling it out for the presidency and some silly pandemic

Reactions: AAC6800
So you live in one of the 50 states or Canada then.

Yes. I currently live in a state that a decent firearm and ammunition can be purchased. Yes, I am happy I don't live in one of the "restrictive" states or Canada.Do we need to go through the states and current laws that heavily restrict this?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ucfmikes
Yes. I currently live in a state that a decent firearm and ammunition can be purchased. Do we need to go through the states and current laws that heavily restrict this?
Is this a joke? Someone said this was good for gun sales and you quipped that you were glad you lived in a state “that allows this”. I pointed out that every state allows the sale of guns. But sure you can feel free to lecture me on the “heavy restrictions” that are in place in the land where guns outnumber people.

Is this a joke? Someone said this was good for gun sales and you quipped that you were glad you lived in a state “that allows this”. I pointed out that every state allows the sale of guns. But sure you can feel free to lecture me on the “heavy restrictions” that are in place in the land where guns outnumber people.

I clearly explained what I meant in the post. Sure, every state allows the sale of certain firearms. Some areas/cities of states--this is not completely true. If you're implying there are not heavy restrictions ---you have to be joking.

Last edited:
I clearly explained what I meant in the post. Sure, every state allows the sale of certain firearms. Some areas/cities of states--this is not completely true. If you're implying there are not heavy restrictions ---you have to be joking.

There are “CA Compliant” options on gun sites for a reason. Because the commies who run the state chip away at the 2nd Amendment every year.

Californians votes for the legislation. But you are right some of it is truly awful. Here’s a look at what was chipped away from the second amendment this year.
  • If you have a gun-violence restraining order, you’ll be prohibited from buying a firearm for up to five years.
  • You can’t buy guns in California if you are prohibited from buying guns in another state.
  • Suicide warning labels must be on gun packages and in gun stores by June 1.
  • Certain gun “precursor” parts must be sold through a licensed vendor.
  • If you’re younger than 21, you can’t buy a semiautomatic center-fire rifle starting Jan. 1.
  • Beginning Jan. 1, the owner of any unlocked gun taken out of a home by a child or a “prohibited person” can be charged with a crime and penalized with a 10-year ban on gun ownership.
  • The number of transactions a gun seller can make without a firearms dealer license is now limited to six per year

Truly draconian measures.

Reactions: DaShuckster
Californians votes for the legislation. But you are right some of it is truly awful. Here’s a look at what was chipped away from the second amendment this year.
  • If you have a gun-violence restraining order, you’ll be prohibited from buying a firearm for up to five years.
  • You can’t buy guns in California if you are prohibited from buying guns in another state.
  • If you’re younger than 21, you can’t buy a semiautomatic center-fire rifle starting Jan. 1.
  • Beginning Jan. 1, the owner of any unlocked gun taken out of a home by a child or a “prohibited person” can be charged with a crime and penalized with a 10-year ban on gun ownership.
  • The number of transactions a gun seller can make without a firearms dealer license is now limited to six per year

Sweet which site did you copy and paste this selectively curated info from?

Absolutely!!! We're one step closer to them taking away our guns!!!!*

Knowing the chud mentality, I'm going buy stocks in Remington, Sturm, Ruger, & Co., and Browning (guns) and Federal Premium and Bushnell (bullets) just before the November election. This "leftie" ain't stupid. :)

The biggest one that you’re missing is that CA is a “May issue” state with regards to a concealed carry permits. It’s up to the Sheriff in the county in which you live. Some Sheriffs have abused this by setting the bar so high it’s almost impossible to get one. Similar to DC and Chicago’s firearm permits. The people who really suffer from this are the poor high-risk people that need the permits but can’t afford to go through the contortions to get one.

The biggest one that you’re missing is that CA is a “May issue” state with regards to a concealed carry permits. It’s up to the Sheriff in the county in which you live. Some Sheriffs have abused this by setting the bar so high it’s almost impossible to get one. Similar to DC and Chicago’s firearm permits. The people who really suffer from this are the poor high-risk people that need the permits but can’t afford to go through the contortions to get one.
Yeah, this is all about helping those poor people in 'high risk' areas. :)

Absolutely!!! We're one step closer to them taking away our guns!!!!*

Knowing the chud mentality, I'm going buy stocks in Remington, Sturm, Ruger, & Co., and Browning (guns) and Federal Premium and Bushnell (bullets) just before the November election. This "leftie" ain't stupid. :)

Wasn't aware Bushnell was a manufacturer of ammo...... Might want to check that out before you invest in it--- Make sure you invest in the AR 14s and Mini 16s too!

Reactions: Crazyhole

He literally cut and paste shit from some leftie blog

With no police we need fashion police
f2d

The funny thing is, that couple are BLM supporters and Democrats.

ADVERTISEMENT