ADVERTISEMENT

Minot AFB Security Forces loses box of grenade launcher ammo

ucfsky

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2010
ZFG's Deckboat

This was a fun Friday at Air Force Global Strike Command. Lots of careers are going to end because of this one.

Unless someone has a Mk 19 in their garage, that ammo is just another souvenir

This could be a while, it took something like 50 years to find the MK-15 in the river.

Careers ending over a box of (presumably) training rounds lost in a field op is the embodiment of a zero defect mentality but you are probably making the correct call.

This guy militaries.

Militaried, past tense.

95% of military cops couldn't score high enough to land a job that requires brain power. This story shocks absolutely no one who understands. Minot is a "sister" base to where I was, Malmstrom, who's main mission is ICBMs. They had to accompany us to every site we visited for "security". They spent most of the day sleeping while we disassembled their M16's. Good times.

This could be a while, it took something like 50 years to find the MK-15 in the river.

Careers ending over a box of (presumably) training rounds lost in a field op is the embodiment of a zero defect mentality but you are probably making the correct call.

Oh the missing rounds are real.

Oh the missing rounds are real.

whoops... the image in the article was the blue ones. Not that the Military Times ever tries to get those sorts of thing right. Sure, the blue ones a real enough to be a sh!t ton of fun but still not as bad as the REAL ones. Still, pretty minor compared to some of the things I have heard about. Ninja Punches are a coming for sure

Reactions: NinjaKnight
whoops... the image in the article was the blue ones. Not that the Military Times ever tries to get those sorts of thing right. Sure, the blue ones a real enough to be a sh!t ton of fun but still not as bad as the REAL ones. Still, pretty minor compared to some of the things I have heard about. Ninja Punches are a coming for sure

The blue ones are TP- just steel projectiles being shot down range. If they lost the HEDP rounds (real) then that’s a big problem since there’s explosive in play.

That said, I’d be surprised if they were moving HEDP. Probably a shipment of training ammo.

The blue ones are TP- just steel projectiles being shot down range. If they lost the HEDP rounds (real) then that’s a big problem since there’s explosive in play.

That said, I’d be surprised if they were moving HEDP. Probably a shipment of training ammo.

It was real ammo. The cops in the Missile Fields only carry the real stuff.

Some Security Forces in the Missile Fields carry them. The cops in the Air Force don't just do police stuff. They also do nuclear security among other things. If someone shows up to a launch facility with bad intentions they're going to get met with a lot of low ASVAB scores and firepower.

Last line has me dying

But yeah AF doesn't mess around when nukes are concerned.

ADVERTISEMENT