ADVERTISEMENT

Mitt Romney 2020

Isn’t it funny how Romney went from a racist who wants to throw black people back into chains to Man of the Year, all because he voted with them on this one matter?

This is why no one buys this bullshit left wing newfound praise for a guy that they were labeling the worst man on earth as of relatively recently. Opportunist horseshit pushed by Shooksters like you.

I dont think agreeing with someone on 1 issue makes him a hero to Democrats. Secondly, if this is your logic, then I also find it funny that people who wholeheartedly supported in 2012 are now acting like he is a terrible person.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Shookster. You bashed the guy and now that he’s an anti-Trumpster, you love him. Now he’s a divine man of God. Please just stop this nonsense

Did you support him in 2012? And now dont like him? How are you any different? And funny enough, people's perceptions of people can change over time, so I dont understand this argument at all. Secondly, agreeing with Romney on this issue doesnt mean Democrats are suddenly pro Romney, it just means they agree with him on this issue.

I dont think agreeing with someone on 1 issue makes him a hero to Democrats. Secondly, if this is your logic, then I also find it funny that people who wholeheartedly supported in 2012 are now acting like he is a terrible person.

Who said that? I still think he’s a fine person. He voted how he wants, so be it. Him and Trump clearly have issues.

I’m just not having it from lefties who are temporarily kissing his ass after calling him and everyone who supported him in 2012 a racist.

Who said that? I still think he’s a fine person. He voted how he wants, so be it. Him and Trump clearly have issues.

I’m just not having it from lefties who are temporarily kissing his ass after calling him and everyone who supported him in 2012 a racist.
I didnt say you, but plenty of Republicans most certainly think he is horrible. Hell, Matt Gaetz wants him banished from the party.

I didnt say you, but plenty of Republicans most certainly think he is horrible. Hell, Matt Gaetz wants him banished from the party.
It's funny that Trump Jr. wants to ban Romney from the party. The Romneys have been Republicans longer than Trump Sr has been alive. While the Trumps were living it up as Democrats, the Romneys were still Republicans.

Romney probably should be executed, but the Shookster might go into deep depression over the loss of his new hero

Can we stay on topic with this. I won't pretend to be an expert but this seems to be the case to me too.

What levers are left? I literally just want to understand the truth.. ZFG about teams or assigning blame. Why aren't we scared about this? I've been hearing for years now how "frothy" the CRE market is, that we're at the top of the cycle, that it's the 7th inning etc... Then the next qtr hits and "fundamentals are still strong".

If there are no levers left that means this growth MUST continue by any means necessary. That scares me.

Back to this. It's kind of a weird situation for the fed because while a lot of dollars should have been repatriated already it hasn't been at the level where raising interest rates can happen. Thank god MV is up, but not enough to produce the kind of growth we actually should be seeing. New private debt is also slowing but my concern is that after 20 years of a debt-driven economy whether or not the reversal is going to drive us into a deflationary period. It feels like we are just about to the point where the debt market begins to flip and commercial banks are going to be in a world of hurt. The fed could be turned upside down on interest rates as people begin paying off more debt. They won't be able to burn it off by raising rates because that will crash the banks that survive off of lending. They'll probably try another stimulus but if a good portion of it goes to paying off debt then they just screwed their own balance sheet.

It's funny that Trump Jr. wants to ban Romney from the party. The Romneys have been Republicans longer than Trump Sr has been alive. While the Trumps were living it up as Democrats, the Romneys were still Republicans.
Well I would be surprised if Romney is in a Democrat ticket in 2020.

Back to this. It's kind of a weird situation for the fed because while a lot of dollars should have been repatriated already it hasn't been at the level where raising interest rates can happen. Thank god MV is up, but not enough to produce the kind of growth we actually should be seeing. New private debt is also slowing but my concern is that after 20 years of a debt-driven economy whether or not the reversal is going to drive us into a deflationary period. It feels like we are just about to the point where the debt market begins to flip and commercial banks are going to be in a world of hurt. The fed could be turned upside down on interest rates as people begin paying off more debt. They won't be able to burn it off by raising rates because that will crash the banks that survive off of lending. They'll probably try another stimulus but if a good portion of it goes to paying off debt then they just screwed their own balance sheet.
When the Trump market crashes (probably in his 2nd term like Bush), people will demand their pound of flush. Gonna get ugly.

Reactions: Crazyhole
In fairness i would like to discuss @fabknight being a racist.

The argument that hes not a racist while he was typing racist things was "his wife is hispanic, that means he can't be racist."

That argument makes no sense. Plenty of people who are sexist against women are married to women. Not being racist because you're married to a hispanic woman is basically only a half step up from saying I'm not racist I have a black friend. It actually confirms that he is a racist that he though that was a viable defense.

I'm sorry but fab is a racist and the evidence is quite clear.
:rolleyes: Am I a racist if I hate everyone equally? Don't try sucking me back into this cesspool anymore.

Boy, you nailed it. That's exactly what happened to Romney. I dont agree with some of his politics and he does come across like his political ambitions define him a little bit too much, but I do think he's a good man. The left went full-bore character assassination on him in 2012 instead of attacking his political positions and that's directly the cause of Trump winning in 2016.
Yeah. The right finally got tired of putting "the next guy up" on the ticket because the next guy up was always electable, but didnt have a spine to go on offense. They resented Mitt and McCain slinking away from confrontation when they could have gone in for the kill. Trump was the bull in a chinashop that they knew wouldn't back down. As embarrassing as he was/is, it's the fact that he doesn't back down that got him elected.
i do believe you are right on this. it was mccain and romneys lack of spine that really lead to trump running and then winning. people were tired of republicans getting crapped on in the media and never fighting back. for all trumps flaws, he always fights back.

When the Trump market crashes (probably in his 2nd term like Bush), people will demand their pound of flush. Gonna get ugly.
there will definitely be a recession in trumps 2nd term. i have a feeling that it will be a better turn around than obamas. that said the media will go as hard as they possibly can after trump because of it.

there will definitely be a recession in trumps 2nd term. i have a feeling that it will be a better turn around than obamas. that said the media will go as hard as they possibly can after trump because of it.
If there is a recession during the second term there isn't time for a turn around.

If by protectionism you mean what we're engaged in with China, I have absolutely 0 problems with it. China should have been dealt with long ago given the crap they pull; if slashing their economy with tariffs is what it took to get them to the table (so far, that's worked) then so be it. I think there's a compelling case to not trade with them whatsoever given they have 1M people in concentration camps where they harvest their organs from living people.

Here's what changed in 2012: the Republicans nominated the most traditional "default" candidate possible who was basically running with Bob Dole's policy platform, and he got killed in an election he should have won. Republicans also, again, watched the left and Democrats take a good guy like Romney and absolutely slander his name by calling him: dog abuser, racist, someone who wants to again enslave black people, someone who hates the poor, misogynist who hates women, etc etc etc

I guess people can only watch winnable elections lost with the same old platform and be called raging racists in the process before they say fuk it, decide to participate in the culture war that the left began years ago, and nominate a guy like Trump. Seems it worked, too.

I mean blame the left for it all you want, but the Republican party has fundamentally changed. Three years ago, the "alt right" was a pretty common phrase. I don't hear it much anymore because the mainstream has essentially adopted the views of the "alt" version.

If you're interested in something that doesn't feed confirmation bias, read this new article by Anne Applebaum (a pullizer prize winning historian and author). The article is called "This is how Reaganism and Thatcherism End".

i do believe you are right on this. it was mccain and romneys lack of spine that really lead to trump running and then winning. people were tired of republicans getting crapped on in the media and never fighting back. for all trumps flaws, he always fights back.

They also ran against a generationally good politician. If Hillary was the nominee, McCain has a decent shot and Romney almost surely wins. On the flipside, Trump loses in 2016 to almost anyone not named Hillary Clinton.

I mean blame the left for it all you want, but the Republican party has fundamentally changed. Three years ago, the "alt right" was a pretty common phrase. I don't hear it much anymore because the mainstream has essentially adopted the views of the "alt" version.

If you're interested in something that doesn't feed confirmation bias, read this new article by Anne Applebaum (a pullizer prize winning historian and author). The article is called "This is how Reaganism and Thatcherism End".

It's interesting you keep harping on the Republican Party changing while insisting the Democrats haven't too - at least not yet.

The "alt right" was an obsessive fixation by the media on a group of people that are actually very tiny and exist mostly on a few websites and boards. That's it. This idea that the "alt right" is a movement that swept over the entire party is just absurd, an idea pushed by the left who wants everyone to believe it.

I think it kind of depends on what the details look like. We could very well go into a technical recession without seeing a jump in unemployment. Like I was saying above, the debt market is starting to flip so borrowing power is becoming less important to people, and the banking sector itself could be the sole driving force for a recession.

It's interesting you keep harping on the Republican Party changing while insisting the Democrats haven't too - at least not yet.

The "alt right" was an obsessive fixation by the media on a group of people that are actually very tiny and exist mostly on a few websites and boards. That's it. This idea that the "alt right" is a movement that swept over the entire party is just absurd, an idea pushed by the left who wants everyone to believe it.

Where exactly did I say the left hasn't changed? I have I not argued that both parties are moving towards populism?

I don't honestly know how this is even a debate. Parties change over time. Coalitions that make up those parties change over time. Did you read the article? It's good insight.

i think most recessions last around 1 years so there would be plenty of time for turn around.

I've always heard the average is 1.5 years but the perceived effect lasts much longer. In 1992 we were out of a recession but Bush Sr. was still taking criticism because people felt like the recession was still occurring.

I've always heard the average is 1.5 years but the perceived effect lasts much longer. In 1992 we were out of a recession but Bush Sr. was still taking criticism because people felt like the recession was still occurring.
i think we will see a recession mid 2021

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT