ADVERTISEMENT

MLB Trade Deadline

UCFKnightfan08

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
May 31, 2008
Orlando
Some big moves already made, a few more guys on the block now with the Tigers willing to sell. What is your team doing/what do you want them to do?

For the Yankees I really want them to go get Kimbrel or Chapman. Outside of Tanaka, Girardi is taking starters out after the 2nd time through the order so another top arm in the pen with Betances and Miller would be tough to beat. It's also a lot cheaper (money and prospect wise) to get one of them over Hamels or Price. Don't get me wrong I'd be pumped to get one of them but I think the Yankees hold onto their top 2-3 prospects so we probably won't have a package for those two.

I hope the Yankees all contract a violent STD.

Beyond that, I think the Cardinals can stay exactly where they're at, maybe bringing in another arm. The Rays will soon be at a decision point to buy, sell or, hold but I think they'll sell since it's unlikely they can make a run this year.

I'm of the opinion that the Cubs should hold in their current situation. There are too many needs (mainly due to the youth of the team) to address right now. They need at least two other bats, another starter, and the bullpen has shown flashes of utter incompetence.

Deal with this all in the offseason. Move Castro and make room for Baez and Russell for the next 15 years.

So long Hamels, enjoy Texas
That was probably the best trade the Phillies have ever made. I'm waiting to see what the Braves are doing. There is some trade with the Dodgers that's not hammered out yet.

Carlos Gomez almost went to the Mets. Glad that fell through.

Reactions: USFSucks
I hope the Yankees all contract a violent STD.

Beyond that, I think the Cardinals can stay exactly where they're at, maybe bringing in another arm. The Rays will soon be at a decision point to buy, sell or, hold but I think they'll sell since it's unlikely they can make a run this year.
Holliday left the game tonight with another quad injury. They could be buyers.

WTF

The Cardinals dealt Kaminsky, a prized prospect, for Brandon F'ing Moss?????

That Holliday injury seems to have spooked them into making a bad, quick deal. Hate it.

I hope to God that Holliday can make it back by at least early September

Some big moves already made, a few more guys on the block now with the Tigers willing to sell. What is your team doing/what do you want them to do?

For the Yankees I really want them to go get Kimbrel or Chapman. Outside of Tanaka, Girardi is taking starters out after the 2nd time through the order so another top arm in the pen with Betances and Miller would be tough to beat. It's also a lot cheaper (money and prospect wise) to get one of them over Hamels or Price. Don't get me wrong I'd be pumped to get one of them but I think the Yankees hold onto their top 2-3 prospects so we probably won't have a package for those two.
As a fellow Yankee fan, I agree with you. I don't want to give up any of the top prospects for a rental like Price. Price has said he wants to play in the national league and will most likely reunite with Maddon in Chicago after this year. Kimbrel would be awesome, the bullpen would be like the nasty boys the Reds had in 1990. I wouldn't mind making a deal with the Marlins to get Prado back, maybe throw Latos in the deal. Don't know what we would have to give up for them though. They could call up Severino soon but his innings will probably be limited down the stretch. If he is as nasty as advertised, he can help in the pen for the playoffs and put in the rotation next year.

Heard that Miami did another fire sale. How could anyone be a fan of that franchise is beyond me.

Looking like Price to the Blue Jays. Toronto must figure this is their year since no one is the clear-cut leader in the East.

Looking like Price to the Blue Jays. Toronto must figure this is their year since no one is the clear-cut leader in the East.

The Yankees are clear cut best right now with a 6 game lead.

After that though there's a logjam of teams competing for WC. Baltimore, Toronto, and Tampa are all basically 2 games back in the WC chase.

That's why I'm surprised to see Detroit offloading Price to Toronto- they're only separated by 1 game!

Should be an exciting August and September.

Yanks are in trouble now. Pineda likely going to the DL with elbow soreness and Ivan Nova's coming up lame too.

Now, the trade market is dry for starting pitching

Yanks are in trouble now. Pineda likely going to the DL with elbow soreness and Ivan Nova's coming up lame too.

Now, the trade market is dry for starting pitching
The Yankees could just bend the Braves over like the Dodgers did. They could probably get Teheran out of it. The Bravos like their trade pieces old and with a history of medical problems. Just send us Mark Texeira. We've made a stupid trade for him before.

The Braves trade is official. We lose one of our best young pitchers, a top 50 prospect and our best reliever. We get a 30 year old Cuban defector that has never played in the MLB.

They didn't even use lube.

The Marlins saved almost 20 million today but that's about all they did for the club. Glad I'm not a Marlins fan.

Don't like the trade the Yankees made today getting Ackley. They traded Ramon Flores who would put up the same numbers as Ackley. Ackley can play second base but I'm fine with Drew and Ryan because they both play great D, even if they're both light hitting (Ryan has been hot recently and Drew can pop one out though). If we need/want more offense out of second base we have Refsnyder so I really don't get the trade. Ackley is either our 5th OFer (Gardner, Jacoby, Beltran, Young) or 3-4th second baseman.

Hopefully we get Kimbrel and at least a #3 starter (Leake or Cashner?) because every other playoff contender got better this week and we lost Pineda and who knows what's up with Nova's arm.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT