ADVERTISEMENT

More Attention !!!!

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
All of this attention isn't manifesting itself in recruits.
Oh you instant gratification people...If Frost was still here there would be a huge bump, but such is life. Now there is an excuse as to why UCF will be down again. Heupel has a big job ahead of him and is swimming against the tide despite the 13-0

Oh you instant gratification people...If Frost was still here there would be a huge bump, but such is life. Now there is an excuse as to why UCF will be down again. Heupel has a big job ahead of him and is swimming against the tide despite the 13-0

We don't have time to be patient. The P5 window is closing.

What would piss USF and the P5 more is if the network devoted five minutes of TV coverage after the first quarter ends...not just footage of players walking out to the field.
Nobody watches the Pro Bowl.

7.4 Million people watched the Pro Bowl...and thousands in attendance will be Orlando area residents (potential UCF Tix Buyers) so it's great that they will be recognized once again.

All of this attention isn't manifesting itself in recruits.

Recruiting still has more to do with who you are playing for then the school. If recruits are not interested to play for Heupel's staff then all the rest doesn't matter.

We don't have a choice. We are where we are. The window pretty much shut last year.
I agree. I think it's the long struggle to lift the entire AAC to P6 recognition. There are no more Rutgers/Syracuse golden tickets out there.

IMO the NFL is trying to entice the locals to come out to the game. I personally would not buy a ticket just to watch the halftime ceremony, but I know people who will.....

I agree. I think it's the long struggle to lift the entire AAC to P6 recognition. There are no more Rutgers/Syracuse golden tickets out there.

I think that there are a couple left. The ACC, SEC and B10 aren't going to sit at 14 forever, the B12 might be forced to expand with a round robin and championship game. Loserville got their ticket punched, so can we. At least 2 of UCF, USF, Houston, Cincinnati, Houston and UConn are moving up.

I heard an ad on the radio that said Tom Brady was invited. I can't wait to seem him play*

Last edited:
I heard an ad on the radio that said Tom Brady was invited. I can't wait to seem him play.
None of the SB participants and most of the CCG participants will decline. They still get the bonus.Thats 13% of the league that won't show up. Then you have a bunch more that pretend to be hurt so they can skip it. It's the only All Star game that doesn't have all the stars. I usually only watch for about 20 minutes and then turn it off. It's really boring.

Reactions: hemightbejeremy
I know. Kind of puzzling
You guys need to give the current coaching staff more time with recruiting. Recuiting is about relationships. Coach Shannon and Bell have to sell kids in South Florida on UCF and staying in Florida. And honestly we still aren’t recruiting against UM or UF or FSU. You might get one to pick us over those schools but we need to win battles over UNC, NC State, Vandy and Maryland just to name a few. Just beat out the mediocre P5 programs and I think we will be just fine.

We are going to have to continue to win big and be ranked year in and year out to get more attention from recruits who sign at FSU or UF.

Not keeping Beckton on Staff is proving to be a bigger loss than Frost. Every Florida recruit that has committed to N mentions Beckton more than Frost.

I wonder what the real story on how that went down with Heup.

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Not keeping Beckton on Staff is proving to be a bigger loss than Frost. Every Florida recruit that has committed to N mentions Beckton more than Frost.

Just like every manager in the history of companies and sports teams, you like to hire your own people when your job depends on your success. He was already told he had to get Shannon, the rest he wanted to hand pick. I'm willing to bet not all of those kids that went to Nebraska would have come to us if he had stayed.

Beck only took one WR commitment as the other DB was not a guaranteed signee. So I’m not understanding your logic. I understand that losing Beck is a blow but it’s still too early I believe to tell the impact on recruiting until Hype and Shannon sign their first full class next school calendar year.

Yep. Considering that we still haven't filled out our staff. It's cool, let Beck and Walters get some play calling experience and we'll get them back in 4 years.

ADVERTISEMENT