ADVERTISEMENT

More flights opening up on East Coast for nonstop to PHX

Boston.Knight

Todd's Tiki Bar
Jun 10, 2002
Seems like the airlines over estimated capacity at the higher fares, and have started coming down. American is running $383 out of Boston for a variety of nonstop flights. EWR looks like starting to come down too. Keep an eye on them.

ol' BK will be there representing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Strength
If I were a wealthy man, I would pay for a great many of Knights fans to travel back and forth on my dime.

And all I would ask in return is for my cats litter boxes to be cleaned. As well as the rest of my cat infested house.

Which means I probably wouldn't have many takers, lol.

I have a twin at the westgate. You sleep on top of me and buy my beers all week and we got a deal.

i'm all set. I got a room for $70. Gets good reviews and free breakfast. Checked out some airBnb for like $50 in Glendale that would have worked too, but went with the hotel.

Bit of a hike from the party, but I'm ubering everywhere, so what do I care if it's an extra 10 minutes drive.
Congrats

Reactions: Mikesi
giphy.gif

I have a twin at the westgate

I'm actually still looking.

Hotwire has hampton inn downtown for pretty cheap. But I got one place on reserve already. Other than glendale proper, you can still find decent rooms for under $75.

Man, attendance gonna be horrible for this game. They gonna be giving out tickets for free basically to any of the locals that wants them.

I'm actually still looking.

Hotwire has hampton inn downtown for pretty cheap. But I got one place on reserve already. Other than glendale proper, you can still find decent rooms for under $75.

Man, attendance gonna be horrible for this game. They gonna be giving out tickets for free basically to any of the locals that wants them.
The Bowl System and Committees really screw over the fans. They need to expand the Playoff and eliminate the Bowl tie ins to make it more Regional. It makes zero sense for LSU fans or UCF fans to not put either in a Sugar or Peach Bowl(and Orange if it wasn't CFP this year). Then Texas should have been in the Fiesta

Someone else mentioned this but it is almost equal price or a maybe cheaper to fly to Western Europe or South America from Orlando, South Florida, or Atlanta than to Phoenix.

Last edited:
Jet Blue has round trip rates for around $700 if you leave on the 31st and return on the 2nd.

Ended up booking Hampton Inn Downtown Phoenix for $67 on hotwire. They revealed the hotel before I booked the hot rate. Then I tried to book directly on Hampton Inn, and it was $130. Hotwire scored this time. :eek:

Whats the expected attendance? It cant be Gasparilla Bowl bad.

I expect once they start the free handouts to the locals, it will be plenty full. But the fares out of all the Florida airports show that demand far exceeds supply.

It's just simple economics yet again. I wouldn't be surprised with 5K to 8K UCF and 5K to 8K LSU - the rest to locals and military bases nearby.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
I expect once they start the free handouts to the locals, it will be plenty full. But the fares out of all the Florida airports show that demand far exceeds supply.

It's just simple economics yet again. I wouldn't be surprised with 5K to 8K UCF and 5K to 8K LSU - the rest to locals and military bases nearby.

Free handouts!?!
Fans who didnt buy might as well spend the airplane ticket and hope to run into some free handouts.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Jet Blue has round trip rates for around $700 if you leave on the 31st and return on the 2nd.

Man , that's absurd. Keep an eye out for a drop though, and the automatic updates I was getting from google were great. I do still see the $700. Like you, the nonstop, sub $400 was the critical deciding factor. When I first started looking it was $700.

Frontier has one from MCO with one stop over that's not horrible if you can go 12/31 to 1/2 for $424 . But it is frontier, and it does have a stop over, and it's $424.. meh.

... so unless you are totally amped up and must now go, this at least presents an option..

Frontier has one from MCO with one stop over that's not horrible if you can go 12/31 to 1/2 for $424 . But it is frontier, and it does have a stop over, and it's $424.. meh.

... so unless you are totally amped up and must now go, this at least presents an option..
if it's the same one I was browsing a few weeks ago the flight back had some ridiculous Denver layover of around 12 hours

if it's the same one I was browsing a few weeks ago the flight back had some ridiculous Denver layover of around 12 hours

Yeah, I see it still sucks for MCO. Keep your price watch active, cuz American has been repricing up here. I noticed American was changing prices daily, if not multiple times a day.

I wish airlines would open up additional flights for these bowl games. The same thing happened in 2013/2014. If you didn’t get them early, your we’re out of luck. I have a feeling this is why game ticket prices have dropped and sales have slowed. If fans haven’t made plans to attend by now, they probably aren’t going.

I wish airlines would open up additional flights for these bowl games. The same thing happened in 2013/2014. If you didn’t get them early, your we’re out of luck. I have a feeling this is why game ticket prices have dropped and sales have slowed. If fans haven’t made plans to attend by now, they probably aren’t going.

All the stuff coming out of MCO , TPA and JAX is pure crap. I told the guys in the dungeon to keep their eye out as they will start to lower any remaining seats as the clock counts down. But it don't look good for them.

All the stuff coming out of MCO , TPA and JAX is pure crap. I told the guys in the dungeon to keep their eye out as they will start to lower any remaining seats as the clock counts down. But it don't look good for them.
I responded to your message. The Alumni tailgate is not happening for me for this game.

Where’s the party at on the 31st and early on the 1st?

Flights are cheaper to Tucson, but then you have to rent a car.

Yep, I'm doing Tucson to fly back. One way into Vegas and one way back from Tucson. We were going to rent a car anyway to see the Grand Canyon and Sedona. It's not going to be a cheap trip, but I'm psyched. I missed the last Fiesta because we were committed to Dublin trip and needed to budget for that.

Yep, I'm doing Tucson to fly back. One way into Vegas and one way back from Tucson. We were going to rent a car anyway to see the Grand Canyon and Sedona. It's not going to be a cheap trip, but I'm psyched. I missed the last Fiesta because we were committed to Dublin trip and needed to budget for that.
Great plan. Surprised how reasonable hotel rates are out here this time of year. I wish I waited on my game tickets as I had a feeling they would come down, but my buddy wanted to get that over with.

Surprised how reasonable hotel rates are out here this time of year.

Seriously. +1. I thought anywhere near the game would be $300 a night. But once I started looking, it's pretty clear that outside Glendale proper, the surrounding area is well supplied for NYE inventory. A lot of them even are up on Hotwire hot rates!

I guess downtown is more business oriented, but still should be a few things to do for one night.

I responded to your message. The Alumni tailgate is not happening for me for this game.

Where’s the party at on the 31st and early on the 1st?
@Mikesi, we are talking about tailgating in the Red Lot on the 1st. I'll let you know as soon as everything is decided. As for the 31st, there is party at the Wrigley Mansion. $85 all you can drink for 4 hours.

@Mikesi, we are talking about tailgating in the Red Lot on the 1st. I'll let you know as soon as everything is decided. As for the 31st, there is party at the Wrigley Mansion. $85 all you can drink for 4 hours.
Sounds great! Where is the Wrigley Mansion?

@Flem3000 Worse case, we meet up and halftime and do shots. Hopefully we won’t need it like the last few games. You can direct message me.

Reactions: UCFBS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT