ADVERTISEMENT

MOVIES/TV SHOWS: What're you watching?

_glaciers

Bronze Knight
Feb 25, 2020
something a little more lighthearted.

the new GODZILLA VS KONG was a truly pleasant surprise, very fun movie that gave you what you wanted. looking forward to a new season Peaky Blinders.

I'm currently watching the chick across the street get undressed with my binoculars. I like to pretend it's a TV show.

Also, I've been binge watching Dallas.

• Haha
Reactions: _glaciers
I'm currently watching the chick across the street get undressed with my binoculars. I like to pretend it's a TV show.

Also, I've been binge watching Dallas.

I have watched all 365 episodes of JR trying to screw anything that moved.

And don’t even let me start on all the illegal shit I’d do to Victoria Principal.

But to answer the OP’s question, the wife and I recently finished all four seasons of The Crown. I’ll be honest: there are some good episodes in it. But most of the time, I can’t help but think we kicked the stupid British out of this country for a reason. That whole family is completely screwed up and I am hoping that in season five, they address asshole Andrew and his pedo ways. Not because I’m into that shit, but because he and Epstein were clearly doing nefarious stuff for years and the world needs to be reminded of it.

Bumping the thread.

Here are the 3 last Indie movies I watched and really enjoyed.

4.5 stars (out of 5) / 9 out of 10:

4 stars (out of 5) / 8 out of 10:

My review: US and lower budget, Night Drive (2019) is a very short film (under 80 minutes w/o credits), I found it predictable once the 'main premise' is disclosed 2/3rds through the film. I didn't find it as 'original' as most of the reviewer did, and it smacks of a less 'complex,' more 'polished' version of the ultra-budget movie Primer (2004), which was shot in Super16 by a college student for upper 4 figures. That movie had major, sociological undertones, ones this movie absolutely exploits to the same effect. It qualfies for a solid 4 out of 5 stars from me, as the character development is solid, and the film wraps up everything without adding any more than it needs to be. A lot of films 'drag out' the ending, and this one doesn't. In fact, it's quick to 'make its point.'

3.5 stars (out of 5), 7 out of 10

My review: Posessor (2020) is a Canadian-British film I don't have as high of a recommendation, but like the aforementioned, the ending is still very good ... albiet far more 'disturbing.' This is also far more 'SciFi' than 'real world,' but the undertones are rather aligned with today's biggest issues. The use of a female lead, and her support, with the 'endgame,' are also what I enjoy ... as a man in the role just wouldn't be the same.​

And as referenced above ...

Last edited:
Watched "The Unforgivable" on Netflix with the lady this weekend.

Was very ehh, whole movie is just Sandra Bullock walking around being sad. decent enough twist to justify some of her weird behavior.

"Blue Ruin" was pretty damn good. Very realistic and very tense.

it was on Netflix for a while, but I always scrolled past it, then finally watched it on HBO Max
Every now and then I consider HBO or Stars for on-demand. But I just don't watch enough movies. Thanks for the recommendation though.

My wife and I also hit thrift stores and pick up DVDs regularly to rip and add to our Plex server. I still like having a digital copy that I own.

Every now and then I consider HBO or Stars for on-demand. But I just don't watch enough movies. Thanks for the recommendation though.

My wife and I also hit thrift stores and pick up DVDs regularly to rip and add to our Plex server. I still like having a digital copy that I own.
HBO Max is worth it based on the fact that they have The Sopranos, True Detective, The Wire, and Deadwood.

if those don't tickle your fancy though, then I'd understand holding off.

HBO Max is worth it based on the fact that they have The Sopranos, True Detective, The Wire, and Deadwood.

if those don't tickle your fancy though, then I'd understand holding off.
I don't watch a lot of movies or TV series.

The only series I'm currently watching is The Expanse. I've tried to get in some others. I often find it's cheaper to buy the series for $40 than pay for 4 months of any service.

The Disney+/ESPN/Hulu+ bundle, plus Amazon Prime, are really all I have.

I dropped Netflix awhile back. I'll pickup Netflix just 1 month to stream The Crown after they finally release the final season. I did the same thing recently with Apple TV+ this past month, and watched Foundation (read the full trilogy as a child) and, because it sounded interesting, For All of Mankind (disappointed with Season 2 on some of the technical aspects).

That's kinda what I do anymore. I'm interested in a series, I let all episodes come out, then I get 1 month and watch it, and cancel.

Hey, all. I watch TV shows—the House of the Dragons and The Rings of Power on Amazon and HBO max. But I am watching them free on the Cinema HD v2 app.

Last edited:
Beavis and Butt-Head. And let me say that Mike Judge is still on his game. The best aspect of the new show is that they occassionally show Old Beavis and Butt-Head. They are both in their 40's and living in an extended stay roach motel and drinking beer everyday all the while never changing a bit.

They are as funny as ever.

Beavis and Butt-Head. And let me say that Mike Judge is still on his game. The best aspect of the new show is that they occassionally show Old Beavis and Butt-Head. They are both in their 40's and living in an extended stay roach motel and drinking beer everyday all the while never changing a bit.

They are as funny as ever.
newest special on Paramount+ was way funnier than I expected.

ADVERTISEMENT