ADVERTISEMENT

Mullin when asked about Rivalry with us

Wow... after watching that (and vomiting a little in my mouth), I just may have to root for usf now when they play Florida...and I actually have a degree from uf.
There was never a real negotiation to play UCF. I understand why UF will not play at spectrum. First, they would never play us at spectrum because we aren’t in a major conference. The size of our stadium is irrelevant because they still wouldn’t play us at spectrum even if we had a 70,000 seat stadium. UF will never do anything to make it look as if UCF or USF is on their level.

UF wants to protect its brand in this state and if the shoe was on the other foot I’d guarantee that UCF would do same. We only need to worry about what we can control. I’m with DW all the way. Play the teams that will play us and only do one for ones or a kick off game. As long as we are winning we don’t have to take the scraps from UF and FSU. Keep building our programs, win, stay ranked in all sports and make post season noise. Focus on marketing, branding, and growing revenues.

If we do those things I just believe the respect from UF and FSU will come. I think they respect us now but we don’t have enough history of tradition and winning for them to admit they respect us publicly. We don’t need them to be successful if we have a national brand that wins.

Other than constantly sweeping the room like someone was after him, it didn’t seem so bad to me.

UF-USF and/or UF-UCF would both be more important/attractive in-state than nationally.

Either way, I have been cheering against them since we visited their campus a while back for the ucf game and their fans acted like
Trash.

Reactions: HammerB08
There was never a real negotiation to play UCF. I understand why UF will not play at spectrum. First, they would never play us at spectrum because we aren’t in a major conference. The size of our stadium is irrelevant because they still wouldn’t play us at spectrum even if we had a 70,000 seat stadium. UF will never do anything to make it look as if UCF or USF is on their level.

UF wants to protect its brand in this state and if the shoe was on the other foot I’d guarantee that UCF would do same. We only need to worry about what we can control. I’m with DW all the way. Play the teams that will play us and only do one for ones or a kick off game. As long as we are winning we don’t have to take the scraps from UF and FSU. Keep building our programs, win, stay ranked in all sports and make post season noise. Focus on marketing, branding, and growing revenues.

If we do those things I just believe the respect from UF and FSU will come. I think they respect us now but we don’t have enough history of tradition and winning for them to admit they respect us publicly. We don’t need them to be successful if we have a national brand that wins.
I am pretty sure our Home-Home scheduling with FIU and FAU disprove the claim I bolded above.

Either way, I have been cheering against them since we visited their campus a while back for the ucf game and their fans acted like Trash.

I think that’s was around ‘06. As soon as we missed that last field goal and sealed getting shut out. I decided I would definitely fight some gaytor fans. Some UF frat douches obliged me later that night.

Reactions: FRIGHTKNIGHT
Other than constantly sweeping the room like someone was after him, it didn’t seem so bad to me.

UF-USF and/or UF-UCF would both be more important/attractive in-state than nationally.

Either way, I have been cheering against them since we visited their campus a while back for the ucf game and their fans acted like
Trash.
I was there as well and that is one of the MAJOR reasons I LOATHE uf.

i dont like UF because in 2009 the refs messed the hogs out of a win there watch here start it at around the 10 min mark

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT