ADVERTISEMENT

Muslim teen creates clock, shows teachers, gets arrested

KnighttimeJoe

Todd's Tiki Bar
May 29, 2001
When Ahmed Mohamed went to his high school in Irving, Texas, Monday, he was so excited. A teenager with dreams of becoming an engineer, he wanted to show his teacher the digital clock he'd made from a pencil case.

The 14-year-old's day ended not with praise, but punishment, after the school called police and he was arrested. A photo shows Ahmed, wearing a NASA T-shirt, looking confused and upset as he's being led out of school in handcuffs.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/16/us/texas-student-ahmed-muslim-clock-bomb/

The crazy thing is that the first teacher he showed it to said "That's cool but you probably shouldn't show it to any other teachers" so obviously he/she feared these absurd repercussions. Hopefully some good comes of this. He's already been invited to the white house and seen lots of talk to setup scholarships and whatnot for him.

Reactions: USFSucks
I'm so glad that the office of the Presidency has been reduced to making stupid f*cking comments on Twitter like "Cool Clock, bro!".

Reactions: jetsaholic
image.adapt.480.low.Obama_tweet_091615.jpg

Someone forgot to tell him he's supposed to be a terrorist.

C'mon people, he's an excited 14-year old kid. It didn't occur to him that someone would think it was a plot to blow up a school, because 99.9% of kids don't think like that.

Reactions: UCF-icenhl-06
more proof that monkey obama will bend over backwards to show us that he values all other races lives more than white peoples lives.

if you are black, brown or muslim they will look for any excuse to roll out the white house red carpet treatment.

I don't agree with a lot of what Obama does but to call him a monkey is fukcing pathetic.

Time to ban.

I do wonder if this same thing would've happened if the kid was white. The fact that the school, police, and mayor are doubling down on this is pretty disturbing. The comments made by the police spokesman are so insanely stupid that these people should all be fired.

I have no problem with Obama inviting the kid to the WH via tweet. It's not about the kid. It's about this insanely overreactionary schools and police.

It's quite idiotic that neocons get all pissed about students getting in trouble for doing stuff like playing cops and robbers and yet this kid brings a project he made to school and gets arrested for it and the neocons blame the kid. What about a kid getting arrested and kicked out of school for bringing a leaf to school that moronic administrators claimed was pot but wasn't? Even after 3 tests proved that it wasn't pot, the charges were dropped but the kid still was suspended and put on probation.

Not to mention that the kid asked to talk to his parents and the police broke the law and refused to let him do so and forced him to answer their questions. If this was your 14yr old kid, would you be ok with the police detaining your child and not even notifying you until after the fact?

This is a lot less dumb than some 6 kid eating his bread so it is shaped like a gun then a teacher hauling him in and suspending him. I would rather he be put thru a bad day and let go, than he be that radicalized kid who is ignored and blows up a pressure cooker and kills and injures dozens. I know this is not politically correct, but if teachers, cops, the FBI and Homeland security are not racially profiling they are flat out stupid.

That doesn't look like a bomb. Looks like a couple circuit boards and wires. What's going to explode? I hope he never brings a computer to school, he'll be in real trouble.

That doesn't look like a bomb. Looks like a couple circuit boards and wires. What's going to explode? I hope he never brings a computer to school, he'll be in real trouble.

Both you and I know a teaspoon of C-4 or plastiq can destroy a car. If a kid took out a briefcase with a timer in it, you would not think "clock!!!"...not a single one of you. The kid's intentions were absolutely benign, but using a briefcase was not the best choice in retrospect...right?

Both you and I know a teaspoon of C-4 or plastiq can destroy a car. If a kid took out a briefcase with a timer in it, you would not think "clock!!!"...not a single one of you. The kid's intentions were absolutely benign, but using a briefcase was not the best choice in retrospect...right?

That was a pencil case, not a briefcase!!

In a briefcase...yeah...screams "clock"!

I'm sure it was all a misunderstanding, but I don't expect a middle or high school teacher to be an expert on clocks.
Look at the scale of that "briefcase." Look at the plug next to it. It is a metal box that looks like a miniature briefcase.

Speaking of plug, what kinda of a bomb requires a plug to function?! "hold on a second, let me just plug in my explosive"

Look at the scale of that "briefcase." Look at the plug next to it. It is a metal box that looks like a miniature briefcase.

Speaking of plug, what kinda of a bomb requires a plug to function?! "hold on a second, let me just plug in my explosive"

a crappy one built by an incompetent jihadist

Recently a kid was suspended from a Clearwater school because he brought in a potato gun (made out of PVC).

Yet somehow I missed the national outcry over that.

Well that could actually hurt someone. I've never heard of someone being killed or injured by a kid with a clock.

Again, you guys are expecting high school and middle school teachers to be experts in clock-making...yes, it was all an over-reaction, a misunderstanding. I agree with this. But for me to believe that you all think that looks like a clock off-the-cuff? I think that's being willfully dense.
Yes you are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT