ADVERTISEMENT

My ACA Challenge.

mach3ucf

Golden Knight
Apr 24, 2003
The Affordable Healthcare act.. Lol

Answer these few questions..

1 Did you have Healthcare prior to Obamacare?

2 If Yes, Has your Healthcare coverage gotten better, and how much has it gone up?

If No, Are you happy with what coverage you have now, and do you think it is affordable?

3. If you cannot afford healthcare, aren't you lucky, now you get fined by our gracious Gov't?

My Idea: Would you rather spend a nominal fee to get healthy, say $20-40 at a clinic or if really sick, $1000-3000 for surgeries.. It is a crisis that we must solve. The Healthcare expenses have gotten crazy!

Hospitals and Health Insurance Companies are robbing the American People Blind!

Originally posted by mach3ucf:
The Affordable Healthcare act.. Lol

Answer these few questions..

1 Did you have Healthcare prior to Obamacare?

2 If Yes, Has your Healthcare coverage gotten better, and how much has it gone up?

If No, Are you happy with what coverage you have now, and do you think it is affordable?

3. If you cannot afford healthcare, aren't you lucky, now you get fined by our gracious Gov't?

My Idea: Would you rather spend a nominal fee to get healthy, say $20-40 at a clinic or if really sick, $1000-3000 for surgeries.. It is a crisis that we must solve. The Healthcare expenses have gotten crazy!

Hospitals and Health Insurance Companies are robbing the American People Blind!
1. Yes.
2. Yes, same price give or take 5 dollars ( but it's mostly due to me being with a company that prides itself on having great benes ).

My family member is on migraine medication and not only did her premiums nearly double but the number of pills covered per month dropped from 15 to 8.

Yep, the ACA changes are really great. Making people pay more for shittier insurance plans.

Originally posted by UCFKnight85:
My family member is on migraine medication and not only did her premiums nearly double but the number of pills covered per month dropped from 15 to 8.

Yep, the ACA changes are really great. Making people pay more for shittier insurance plans.
So much worse than the Republican's plan: die quickly.

Originally posted by chemmie:

Originally posted by UCFKnight85:

So much worse than the Republican's plan: die quickly.
roll.r191677.gif

Paying significantly more for significantly less: the success of Obamacare.

I had one of the better BCBS plans.

Now i have the bare bones. and My very good one cost me $175 a month.

Now my really bad one is over $330, and even with a credit I have to pay more than $250 a month.. Which I would pay for my very good health plan.. but that is over $440 a month..

My deductibles have gone up times 5.
and my doctors have gone from the 2nd top BCBS to the lowest coverage.. So my Dr. list has shrunk..

This is not a good health plan. But I am not alone..

Basically My plan went from 175 to 440 a month in 2 or 3 years?
poo, poo.. Knock on wood, knock on wood, knock on wood.. I've been Healthy for those years.. Knock on wood.. knock on wood..

I have insurance through work (teacher) that got slightly better (70/30 coinsurance to 80/20). Before Obamacare it would've cost me $500 per month to add my wife to the 70/30 crap. She was able to get very good coverage for $250 a month which went to $350 to include our daughter when she was born. Beginning of last year it went to a little over $500, then in November/December (??) we got a letter saying it was being increased to over $700 per month and the plan we had no longer exists (new plan of course was worse).

1. Yes we had coverage.
2. Care is the same, price and deductible went up.
3. The supreme court said the fine is not a fine but rather a tax, even though it was clearly stated it was not a tax.

My Idea, get the feds out of it, give companies the ability to be flexible in coverage, and rates will go down. Insuring pre existing is not insurance, it is making someone else pay for a guaranteed cost. I don't need Maternity coverage, nor free no preg meds, I don't need coverage from dollar one, If I or my employer wish to pay for those.... great, but it should be a choice.
At age 59 with no mental health issues, I am unlikely to ever need coverage for that, Let me opt out and save if I wish to do so.

Hospitals and Ins companies have had their hands tied behind their backs, and had all freedom removed from them, that is a case of the govt robbing the American people blind.

On the whole the law will continue to bring costs down, but like like every decision there will be individual winners and losers... That's why you hear stories from both people who are paying less and people who are paying more... The key to the law's success though will be its ability to keep cost growth in the industry low (e.g. by improving productivity in the industry... If this can happen or not over the long term is a legitimate debate).

Remember, health care costs were on an unsustainable path prior to the ACA becoming law and no real viable alternatives (ones that were actually workable) were proposed to get that long term issue under control.

Originally posted by UCFEE:
On the whole the law will continue to bring costs down, but like like every decision there will be individual winners and losers... That's why you hear stories from both people who are paying less and people who are paying more... The key to the law's success though will be its ability to keep cost growth in the industry low (e.g. by improving productivity in the industry... If this can happen or not over the long term is a legitimate debate).

Remember, health care costs were on an unsustainable path prior to the ACA becoming law and no real viable alternatives (ones that were actually workable) were proposed to get that long term issue under control.
Health care cost growth is still on an unsustainable path. Medicare, Medicaid, and now ACA cost growth is going to absolutely crush our budgets and consumers in the next 10-15 years. THe CBO has already said this many times.

And you're wrong- plenty ideas have been given on ways to slow down cost growth. The problem is that the details were actually disclosed and if it didn't involve expanding the government's role in health care, the Democrats made commercials depicting Republicans throwing people off a cliff.

As we've heard now first hand from an Obamacare architect, Obama/Pelosi/Reid deliberately hid and misguided people on what was actually IN Obamacare to hurry up and get I passed. They knew that if people could actually see what's going on within the bill, they'd throw a shit fit and not allow it to be passed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT