ADVERTISEMENT

My experience in the Swamp 1999 and 2006:

SADUCFKNIGHT

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 23, 2005
In 1999 it had no real vibe and felt like a tune up game atmosphere for UF. I encountered little hostility outside of a few deleterious flames here and there. Just wasn’t all that exciting and UCF had fans there but not tons.
2006 was very, very different. UCF brought waves of fans many of which never went in, but I remember seeing a sea of them. UF hung a huge sign across archer that said “Welcome to the school you couldn’t get into.” Mr. Pitt Panther and I went. The flames started immediately by the law school and continued until we got in. Then at kickoff more insults and taunts. To UF’s credit, they were just that good of a team Tebow was a freshman. I figured the tempo of insults would die down bc of the score but after the game Pitt Panther said good game to a Gator fan and that fan told him right to his face to FU. And bc Panther also wore a Pitt hat, he told them they sucked, too. 🤣. Then the “you suck” started as we headed to the car. Worst game day experience I’ve ever had. Over by the law school a big truck of Alachua County rednecks (ACR’s) pulled over and threw beer on us. There were probably 9-11 of them so fighting was out of the question. 2 on 2? No problem, but they were looking for trouble and it was best just to walk away.
in 2024, this game is going to get very ugly and the tailgate will be much worse unless it’s a noon kickoff. Why? Blind hate combined w dildo fans on both sides and alcohol. I’m probably not going based on what I’ve seen in the past. The end.
TL:DR- 1999 no real atmosphere 2006 was a bad vibe. Get ready for fights in 2024. *

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.