ADVERTISEMENT

My Goodness

tross86

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
Mar 4, 2007
My goodness people, the extreme overeacting posts on here are quite astonishing. Let me address some of the common ones:

- "Heupel has no idea how to run a creative offense": Have a little faith in this offensive system that helped Baylor set the college football world on fire by going 50-15 over a 5 year period while scoring over 45 points a game. The occasional lack of creativity is compensated by speed and exposing mismatches. The same offense that also set an SEC passing TD record at Missouri.

- "Frost would have never had letdowns like this": Frost went 6-6 in his first year and was a last second Memphis field goal away from playing in the Birmingham Bowl instead of the Peach. Oh and I also remember lots of complaining at the time about Frost stubbornly running AK up the middle too much.

- "Heupel is an a**hole and players don't like him": GOOD! Last time I checked, Nick Saban and Urban Meyer were complete a**holes that drove their players and produced results. If these players want a coach to be their friend they can drive 80 miles west and go play for the "nice" and "great guy" coach currently running USF into the ground.

- "Heupel should have put Mack in": Have we completely forgotten about the Fiesta Bowl already? Mack was atrocious when faced with the same pressure DG faced tonight.

I am by no means a Heupel superfan, but I think we need to recognize the rarity of succeeding with true freshman starting QB's not named Lawrence or Fromm. We had six turnovers in our two losses, that is tough to overcome.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.