ADVERTISEMENT

***Nate Evans expecting a 'fired up' Cincinnati squad***

Brandon

Publisher
Staff
May 28, 2001
Winter Park, FL
www.ucfsports.com

UCF expects to get every team's best shot in their quest for an American Athletic Conference Championship three-peat.

That's especially true on Friday when they head to Cincinnati, a team with division aspirations of their own. UCF won last year's game in Orlando, 38-13.

"I expect them to come out fired up to get a shot at us again," linebacker Nate Evans said. "We have a bullseye. We're a target. We've had that since week one. I expect the stadium to be packed. I expect a loud environment. Us as a team, we need to stay focused on what we do and how we play. Go out and execute and just have fun."

The Bearcats are 3-1 this season, the only blemish being a 42-0 loss to Ohio State. They've reeled off wins vs. UCLA (24-14), Miami University (35-13) and Marshall (52-14).

"I expect them to use their tight end (Josiah Deguara) in their game plan," Evans said. "He's a veteran guy. They have veteran running backs, 3 (Michael Warren) and 5 (Tavion Thomas). Good quarterback (Desmond Ridder). Big offensive line. They run the ball which opens up their passing game. If we knock that out, we should be good."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.