ADVERTISEMENT

National Championship Parade Celebration Magic Kingdom Sunday 4:30

Isn't a lot of the CFP debacle caused by the influence and manipulation of ESPN? Whose parent company is...? [eyeroll] Maybe I'm just being overly cynical, but I wouldn't expect much from Disney on that front.

Last edited:
Reactions: SublimeKnight
Isn't a lot of the CFP debacle caused by the influence and manipulation of ESPN? Whose parent company is...? [eyeroll] Maybe I'm just being overly cynical, but I wouldn't expect much from Disney on that front.

I'm as cynical as anyone, but even I don't think Disney execs will get that far down into the weeds to stop a parade at the local park.

If they did it at the park, I hope the park is filled with SEC fans.

Yes, but they charge admission price. Not good for students and recent Peach Bowl travelers

If it would be best for Disney to have the parade on its property, they could allow UCF football season ticket holders, UCF students, Peach Bowl ticket holders (other legitimate supporters?) in to Disney park at no charge for the day of the UCF parade. UCF could somehow disseminate proof of these supporters to allow for admission to Disney for that day. Or, some other idea?

If it would be best for Disney to have the parade on its property, they could allow UCF football season ticket holders, UCF students, Peach Bowl ticket holders (other legitimate supporters?) in to Disney park at no charge for the day of the UCF parade. UCF could somehow disseminate proof of these supporters to allow for admission to Disney for that day. Or, some other idea?

No chance. Disney doesn't do anything for free.

I'm as cynical as anyone, but even I don't think Disney execs will get that far down into the weeds to stop a parade at the local park.

If the parade were just to celebrate winning the Peach Bowl, I think they would be supportive. But if it was to promote us as National Champs as the OP suggested, that would go towards undermining the legitimacy of the CFP playoff system and potentially upsetting the ESPN applecart. That's the aspect that I would expect pushback from Disney.

Reactions: 2DogKnight
LOL

Disney wouldn't even let you in for free if you were dying (charities do that, not the park themselves)

Reactions: Mikesi

They should do it on the Disney Boardwalk, right past the ESPN club, where the windows are covered with signs for the CFP proclaiming "everyone has a shot".

They should do it on the Disney Boardwalk, right past the ESPN club, where the windows are covered with signs for the CFP proclaiming "everyone has a shot".

Are there actually signs saying that? They should be torn down immediately.

Are there actually signs saying that? They should be torn down immediately.
I can't remember what they actually say, but it's got all those untrue catchphrases from the commercials. The windows were 100% about the CFP when I was there a month ago, I'm sure they are all still there. "Who's In?" Not UCF.

No chance. Disney doesn't do anything for free.
Not true! For the longest time (at least while i was still in the USMC) Military and Vets got in free

When i was stationed at Camp Pendelton we went to Disney Land and California Adventure land every other weekend for free

Stone Cold Steve Austin will be doing the signature beer bash with Mac to open up the celebration and official presenters will be Dan Lebetard, Papi and Danny Kannal

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Fienbaum is making a total fool of himself. 13-1 >than 13-0. Ok mr Fruit cakenbaum

Why would you do this? It's not official and people will laugh at you. This Tennessee fan was pulling for you. It was a great game!
Shared national championships are commonplace in college football history. 13-0, the only undefeated, victory over a team that beat both teams playing for the invitational championship. The claim is strong.

Shared national championships are commonplace in college football history. 13-0, the only undefeated, victory over a team that beat both teams playing for the invitational championship. The claim is strong.
I hope it happens!! Good Luck!

Why would you do this? It's not official and people will laugh at you. This Tennessee fan was pulling for you. It was a great game![/QUOTE

Technically the "recognized" National Title can easily argued as arbitrary. Teams get in on the "opinion" of a committee rather than pure wins and losses. What makes those committee members opinion any more legitimate than sports writers all around the country who may have their own opinions? After all it it wasn't too along ago where the AP polls held a lot of weight.

The fact is until there is an official NCAA sanctioned championship where all D-1 FBS teams have equal access to it, there really is no legit champion. I can double down by stating that the only legitimate trophies are the ones awarded by the conferences, not even the major bowls. This is UCF sticking its middle finger up at a system that is elitist, exclusionary and goes against all American values and spirit of competition.

Reactions: UTmeme
ADVERTISEMENT