ADVERTISEMENT

National debt at highest level since after WWII

NinjaKnight

Todd's Tiki Bar
Feb 18, 2007
Despite President Trump's declaration that he would eliminate the national debt over eight years, the debt-to-Gross Domestic Product ratio has reached its highest level since after World War II, according to a new report from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO). And if current law and spending levels remain unchanged, national debt will be nearly the size of the economy by 2028.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/national-debt-at-highest-level-since-after-wwii/

I'm so tired of winning!* MAGA* random slightly racist rant, cucks!*

Pretty fvcked up, but we stopped caring about debt sometime around 6pm September 11 2001. I'm honestly surprised that they've pushed it back all the way to 2028 now, as it has seemed to be imminent for 4 or 5 years now.

And don't be surprised if Trump actually does eliminate it in 8 years. Between inflating our way out, defaulting, and renegotiating it there's more than enough opportunities to do something completely sketchy and unethical. Hell, just restructuring SS and absorbing it into the federal government would delete 2.8 trillion. Screw the retirees, we gotta get the debt down.

Despite President Trump's declaration that he would eliminate the national debt over eight years, the debt-to-Gross Domestic Product ratio has reached its highest level since after World War II, according to a new report from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO). And if current law and spending levels remain unchanged, national debt will be nearly the size of the economy by 2028.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/national-debt-at-highest-level-since-after-wwii/

I'm so tired of winning!* MAGA* random slightly racist rant, cucks!*

Cool story, bro. If Trump shuts down the government because he refuses to sign Congress' huge spending bills, everybody craps on him for that as well.

The President doesn't spend the money, the Congress does. BOTH parties in congress are uncontrollable spenders. We need term limits in Congress badly so they stop "bringing home the bacon" to their districts so they can get re-elected 45 times.

The debt bullshit has pissed me off for years and I’m afraid it won’t ever change . It’s too easy for congress to siege other people’s money . We could feed every needy person on the planet with the money our govt has wasted the last 3 decades or so

Reactions: UCFWayne
Cool story, bro. If Trump shuts down the government because he refuses to sign Congress' huge spending bills, everybody craps on him for that as well.

The President doesn't spend the money, the Congress does. BOTH parties in congress are uncontrollable spenders. We need term limits in Congress badly so they stop "bringing home the bacon" to their districts so they can get re-elected 45 times.

Of course this isn't god emperor supreme anti cuck Trump's fault, I would never suggest such a thing. His tax break had nothing to do with this. MAGA and lock up the brown people!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT