ADVERTISEMENT

National Signing Day Feb 1st

Two other guys we were keeping an eye on today:

RB Javin Simpkins…Coastal Carolina
Edge: Deejay Holmes…Ole Miss

Coastal Carolina? Wtf that place is a dump. Most community colleges in FL are bigger.

With that said, he prob wouldn’t see many touches at UCF but I figured he’d go somewhere bigger than CCU.

UCF should bring back/retain Terrence Lewis.
UCF took Lewis at risk w/no reward to date. We offered him as a transfer based on his 5 star high school ranking, he didn't do anything at Maryland his first year there. Once he transferred to UCF he didn't make the 3 deep and he later got in trouble in south florida w/the police. UCF went at risk again and re-instated his scholarship and based on the mins he played at UCF, he never moved the needle and later put his name in the transfer portal. No thanks...take a hike. Work and earn it because you've done nothing to prove your stardom. There are many other "less rated" players out there hungry w/more ambition and drive. He has had numerous chances to excel, work, prove your ability.... and now time to let him go.

Interesting that they decided to split. Wonder if that's ever happened before for twins.

Any reason why? is one better suited for us or did they have different preferences?
On another link someone commented, and I think they are right, that eventually both of them will end up either at Maryland or UCF. They are too close to stay separated for long.

UCF took Lewis at risk w/no reward to date. We offered him as a transfer based on his 5 star high school ranking, he didn't do anything at Maryland his first year there. Once he transferred to UCF he didn't make the 3 deep and he later got in trouble in south florida w/the police. UCF went at risk again and re-instated his scholarship and based on the mins he played at UCF, he never moved the needle and later put his name in the transfer portal. No thanks...take a hike. Work and earn it because you've done nothing to prove your stardom. There are many other "less rated" players out there hungry w/more ambition and drive. He has had numerous chances to excel, work, prove your ability.... and now time to let him go.
Yes. His time as a collegiate has been a train wreck. He made an azz of himself in South Florida. He hasn't lived up to the unrealistic expectations heaped on him.

But...

A old $100 bill can sneezed on, used to wipe azz, pissed on, and balled up as a piece of trash in a wastebasket, yet it is worth just as much as a crisp Baby Frank straight off the printing press.

Lewis indeed is all the things you said. But he still has the potential to mature and the ability to develop into the ELITE player he was once projected to be, and UCF still has a glaring need for talent at his position.

I would at least 'consider' the option.

Aside from a transfer quarterback, UCF needs an instant impact wide receiver to take pressure off Javon Baker, an ELITE rush end with playing experience at the highest level to complement Tre'Mon Morris Brash, and a plug-and-play thumper linebacker to replace Jeremiah Jean-Baptiste in the middle. An athletic defensive tackle with ability to rush the passer from the interior would be a nice addition as well.

Interesting that they decided to split. Wonder if that's ever happened before for twins.

Any reason why? is one better suited for us or did they have different preferences?
I think a lot of conjoined twins are split up if it is healthy. I would take conjoined twins, especially on the line. Two 350 lb lineman conjoined at the hip would shut that gap down. What if they shared a jersey and were listed as a 700lb guard? A wide receiver with two sets of arms? A running back with a built in lead blocker? How has this never been done?

• Love
Reactions: PhDee
I think a lot of conjoined twins are split up if it is healthy. I would take conjoined twins, especially on the line. Two 350 lb lineman conjoined at the hip would shut that gap down. What if they shared a jersey and were listed as a 700lb guard? A wide receiver with two sets of arms? A running back with a built in lead blocker? How has this never been done?
Good idea in theory, but if one blew his assignment, it would limit the others' effectiveness.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Yaes
ADVERTISEMENT