ADVERTISEMENT

Navy vs Notre Dame

JAFFX2

Golden Knight
Gold Member
Sep 18, 2016
How much does it help in terms of AAC credibility and help us in the rankings if Navy pulls off the big upset and beats ND. Hopefully the blowout in Miami completely took the wind out of their sails. Has to get us closer to top 10.....

A bunch of old P5 farts would literally die.....and I don't think we want that on our hands.....think of the grandchildren guys

Reactions: KMF-UCF
Anything could happen, but I think Navy is going to be in for a long day like MSU was the week after Ohio State got blown out. Outside of the Miami and Georgia games, ND has run over everyone. It's Senior Day. Navy doesn't have the horses on defense to keep up with ND's oline and run game.

it will be at Notre Dame too
bourbon-orleans-hotel.jpg

Touchdown_Jesus

After Notre Dame got throttled last week I wouldn't be surprised if Navy beats them. Navy has won 4 of the past 10 matchups after not winning for like 50 years. Ken N. has them playing disciplined football and ND is now out of title contention.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Anything could happen, but I think Navy is going to be in for a long day like MSU was the week after Ohio State got blown out. Outside of the Miami and Georgia games, ND has run over everyone. It's Senior Day. Navy doesn't have the horses on defense to keep up with ND's oline and run game.
Yes but the problem with that is Ohio State is actually good, where as Notre Dame, like every year, rides their name to a high rank.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
If Navy beats ND, the committee's heads would explode trying to come up with another excuse for holding us down due to SoS.

(Not that it would improve all that much, but it could temporarily put our SoS ahead of Wisky's until they pass us again after losing 58-0 in the B1G Championship.)

But then again, they could just make up a rule that relative SoS doesn't apply to G5 schools. After all, they already established a precedent for making up rules on the fly when they came up with the "Clemson QB had a boo-boo" rule.

Yeah Clemson gets rewarded for losing with an injured QB, but UCF gets downgraded because they played Maryland and Navy without their QBs even though UCF was the team that knocked their running QBs out of the game with heavy hits.

Yes but the problem with that is Ohio State is actually good, where as Notre Dame, like every year, rides their name to a high rank.

Not at all. You're not watching them then this year. They weren't escaping mediocre teams. They were throttling teams like USC, MIchigan State and NC St, while also demolishing the cupcakes. I get that people hate ND, but this team is legitimately good. You can't say with a straight face that OSU has had a better year. They were blown out TWICE. Their best win is a team that ND also blew out in MSU or a 1 point win over PSU.

They've beaten 3 ranked teams by 20-25 points. They're good.

Their point differential was +23 until the Miami debacle.

Last edited:
ND ran all over USC's soft run defense

I don't expect Navy to beat them and our game shouldn't have been as close, remember the one Achilles heel that hopefully doesn't backfire is finishing drives in the red zone, especially early in games.

Yeah Clemson gets rewarded for losing with an injured QB, but UCF gets downgraded because they played Maryland and Navy without their QBs even though UCF was the team that knocked their running QBs out of the game with heavy hits.
That'll teach us. Our D needs to practice picking up opposing QB's instead and holding them there until the immediate area is clear, before placing them gently on the turf. I heard they won't struggle as much if you sing them a lullaby while the immediate area is being cleared.

Stupid D. This probably cost us 4-5 spots. It's all their fault if we end up in the Fiesta instead of the Peach.**

(I was going to say we could apply this crucial knowledge to Flowers, but after careful consideration I decided that I'm in favor of taking the rankings hit instead.)

**Disclaimer that we have to win out first, for the purpose of Bad Juju Avoidance

Not at all. You're not watching them then this year. They weren't escaping mediocre teams. They were throttling teams like USC, MIchigan State and NC St, while also demolishing the cupcakes. I get that people hate ND, but this team is legitimately good. You can't say with a straight face that OSU has had a better year. They were blown out TWICE. Their best win is a team that ND also blew out in MSU or a 1 point win over PSU.

They've beaten 3 ranked teams by 20-25 points. They're good.

Their point differential was +23 until the Miami debacle.
I 100% with confidence can say that if they played head to head, Ohio State would thrash them, and thats coming from someone who despises OSU.

The only time OSU gets beat is when JT Barrett plays like crap, and thats all that happened vs Iowa, a game away at Iowa.

The oklahoma game? Well OU is actually just the real deal, they just happened to have played an Iowa State team that was absolutely on fire at home.

Wrapping up tackles and helping them up and letting them use our healing tent in addition to 30 pt victory margins is key with the committee.

The only time OSU gets beat is when JT Barrett plays like crap, and thats all that happened vs Iowa, a game away at Iowa.
Iowa fans looked trashed and ready for the blues that day. When Iowa was scorching them early there was cheers but it looked uneasy.

I 100% with confidence can say that if they played head to head, Ohio State would thrash them, and thats coming from someone who despises OSU.

The oklahoma game? Well OU is actually just the real deal, they just happened to have played an Iowa State team that was absolutely on fire at home.

Thrash them? Based on what?

You can make excuses for Ohio St's TWO blowout losses, but not ND's 1...to an undefeated #3 ranked team? OSU, who's only good wins are against a team ND also thrashed and PSU by 1, but ignore ND's 35 point win against USC, 21 point win over ranked NC State and 20 point win over their common opponent. Miami hasn't been playing like fire at home the last two weeks? They aren't as good as Iowa St?

You initial comment is dripping with personal resentment against ND.

One team has 3 blowout wins over ranked teams and 1blowout loss to the #3 ranked team.

The other has 1 blowout win over a common ranked team and 2 blowout losses, one to an unranked team.

And you think the 2nd would thrash the first?

There is no logic to your argument.

Last edited:
I was wrong. ND has just quit after the Miami ass whoopin. They were monsters until last week. Just running over ranked teams. Last week took their heart. Navy is gonna beat them today. They are lost.
Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat. It's hard to keep a Paper Tiger dry once they get wet.

Perfect conditions for a navy upset. Notre Dame team humbled last week and in the rain. Navy looking to take the lead before half and they get the ball first second half.

Navy dropped a pick and had a PI in the end zone on a 3rd down play and ND punches it in to tie going to half.

ADVERTISEMENT