ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska and Troy Walters part ways

When you're head coach and they're investing a large amount of money in you, you gotta make moves and get results.

Not exactly. Lol.

I'll give you a pass on this one. It's been a while since you've had your troll busting game at an a+ level so you're probably just slipping. Kinda like fresh shit slips. No worries.

I'll give you a pass on this one. It's been a while since you've had your troll busting game at an a+ level so you're probably just slipping. Kinda like fresh shit slips. No worries.
There haven’t been many. They all disappeared, because all of their programs have been cursed.
NGEbraska, cows, Houston, etc

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
Be happy that Heupel hires best person for the job. With Frost’s resources at Nebraska he could have brought a to OC. Like all of us, he got caught up with emotion and stayed loyal to his guys. A great quality but is starting to backfire.

Frost is now looking at these same guys and starting to say, well your not good enough. Chins is next.

I wanted to see all those guys be successful, but maybe it’s not all the coaches and maybe this place is just special

He and Held were my favorite assistants while here, like how they communicated w the fanbase during the recruiting process.

Frost tried hiring the LSU WR Coach but he turned them down , probably going after Helfrich now

I don't like letting myself think this but... was Milton the biggest reason for our 2017 and 2018 seasons? How likely are we to see similar success with any other QB? Regardless of how good coaching or recruiting is. Could we hire Dabo and pull in a top 20 recruiting class and still lose 1 game per season?

I don't like letting myself think this but... was Milton the biggest reason for our 2017 and 2018 seasons? How likely are we to see similar success with any other QB? Regardless of how good coaching or recruiting is. Could we hire Dabo and pull in a top 20 recruiting class and still lose 1 game per season?
Milton wasn’t the first and he won’t be last ever great college QB. DG seems pretty good.

Reactions: Asphalt.Jungle
The way I ultimately view this move is, if Frost, who's claim to success was in his offense, which was led by Troy Walters... fired Troy Walters. He has just unproven his ability to succeed. If I was a Nebraska fan I would be really worried.

For shits-n-giggles, I checked twitter for Troy Walters news. Wow, their fans are really ripping him for this 'Mutual' decision to be fired.
That's kinda weird, the boards aren't that way. Now all of the talk is on Matt Lubick, Walter's replacement.

Don't know why nobody believes in Beckton as a OC.
Becton is a great coach, with outstanding knowledge of the game, and how to treat athletes. He should have been offered a coordinator position when he was here. Istill see him as a head coach someday, somewhere.

Reactions: Yaes
That's kinda weird, the boards aren't that way. Now all of the talk is on Matt Lubick, Walter's replacement.
I see that you were going back and forth with a guy troll named “.1”. The trolls there from Iowa are freaking hilarious

I still can’t understand how I’m not banned from the Huskerboard.

I see that you were going back and forth with a guy troll named “.1”. The trolls there from Iowa are freaking hilarious

I still can’t understand how I’m not banned from the Huskerboard.

That guy was pretty dedicated. In the course of about 30 minutes he started the usernames: .1. -1-, _1_, .2., .3., and _3_. Not a one of them has been banned yet, lol.

That guy was pretty dedicated. In the course of about 30 minutes he started the usernames: .1. -1-, _1_, .2., .3., and _3_. Not a one of them has been banned yet, lol.
:joy: I think .1 is banned lol.

Well, Heupel just had a true Freshmen QB who easily became the #1 all-time True Freshmen QB at UCF and while he may never become a "wizard" like Milton...he could certainly help UCF win a ton of games in the coming seasons.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Well, Heupel just had a true Freshmen QB who easily became the #1 all-time True Freshmen QB at UCF and while he may never become a "wizard" like Milton...he could certainly help UCF win a ton of games in the coming seasons.
When all is said and done DG could very well be better than KZ. That’s pretty hard to believe since KZ was a 2-time top 10 Heisman trophy finalist. Could we be THAT lucky? There has to be another reason for this.

I do think that we can have similar success without Milton. Remember, he wasn’t dominant in EVERY game. It does take much more than that to go undefeated or go to a NY6 bowl game

Some could say that we have the best trio of running backs in the FBS

Sad he is out of work, but good he is out of that hell hole. Hopefully he finds a new gig soon.

Bad thing is the timing...because if he was fired when their season ended in Nov or even after signing day in Dec, he probably would have been hired on one of the many new coaching staffs across the country.

Now...most asst coaching spots are filled so he might have to sit out a year (think he might get 1 yr severance from Neb).

It sounds like the parting of ways was based on frost wanting to split up the OC duties and Walter's was upset about that. It's no surprise that he wants to be a head coach and probably saw it as a demotion that could hurt his future plans. I tend to like the guy but I honestly can't see any level of performance that was worth the title and salary.

Reactions: Knight Strength
It sounds like the parting of ways was based on frost wanting to split up the OC duties and Walter's was upset about that. It's no surprise that he wants to be a head coach and probably saw it as a demotion that could hurt his future plans. I tend to like the guy but I honestly can't see any level of performance that was worth the title and salary.
What about splitting up DC duties though?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT