ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska writer makes a case for UCF to be AP National Champion

Best quote of the article:

“It could happen. It’s probably not going to happen, but each AP voter, including myself, received an email Saturday night reminding us: “You are under no obligation to vote the playoff winner No. 1.”

Now that, it should be noted, has always been true since the CFP started. But only this season does it get interesting. Because UCF won all of its games, finishing 13-0. And the team it beat in the Peach Bowl, Auburn, is the same team that gave Alabama its only loss.”

Reactions: GoKnights2003
Bleep Nebraska Fans and who they should be routing for. I'm tired of it. You know the type of person that writes for ohama.com? New college grads looking for a job or people who have given up on their career. If Georgia wins tomorrow we are National Champs. If Bama wins tomorrow we are National Champs.

Bleep Nebraska Fans and who they should be routing for. I'm tired of it. You know the type of person that writes for ohama.com? New college grads looking for a job or people who have given up on their career. If Georgia wins tomorrow we are National Champs. If Bama wins tomorrow we are National Champs.

I like your passion and don't disagree but we are trying to make a case to the AP Voters.

Hmmm, hopefully this article gets some attention. Maybe some of our students/young alumni can spread this around twitter. Anybody here use Twitter?

I really think AP votes have the best chance to embarrass the CFP committee, and make meaningful change in the sport. It doesn’t happen overnight, but a small rebellion now (5 votes, for example) could be 10 the next time, or 20. The playoff will lose legitimacy. This is the same thing that happens with governments in Rigid dictatorships. They seem to be all powerful, but once they lose legitimacy in the eyes of their citizens, the fall happens quick. Here’s hoping for a crack in the wall...

Reactions: Auggie25
I really think AP votes have the best chance to embarrass the CFP committee, and make meaningful change in the sport. It doesn’t happen overnight, but a small rebellion now (5 votes, for example) could be 10 the next time, or 20. The playoff will lose legitimacy. This is the same thing that happens with governments in Rigid dictatorships. They seem to be all powerful, but once they lose legitimacy in the eyes of their citizens, the fall happens quick. Here’s hoping for a crack in the wall...
I think the crack is already there.

I agree but getting us in the top 25 is a challenge with some of the voters too.

Hmmm, hopefully this article gets some attention. Maybe some of our students/young alumni can spread this around twitter. Anybody here use Twitter?

And this is where our former kicker comes into play. Get him and his viewers working on it.

Don't you think it's time to let go of the anger? Insulting Nebraska has run it's course at this point, and your comment about Omahas sportswriters is patently false.

I agree. I thank Scott Frost for the time he was here, but he is gone, I don't give a crap about Neb. never have never will. And I could care less how successful Scott is at Nebraska.

Reactions: DrPhillipsKnight
Don't you think it's time to let go of the anger? Insulting Nebraska has run it's course at this point, and your comment about Omahas sportswriters is patently false.
0*Yk14gnnjIsuYNEXN.

Hey, if all you guys want to do is talk about how bad you're getting screwed and make derogatory remarks about people throughout the country who are supporting the chance to get you want you want go right ahead. At this point reading this board I almost get the impression that you'd rather not win a title so you can keep complaining about it and making ridiculous claims to what the legality of lawsuits would be. It's like losing frost to Nebraska is a bigger deal than going undefeated to some people. Sorry, I just don't get the victim mentality.

Guy said the combined record of out of conference opponents was 16-21 but it was 20-17 due to the “power” 5 team crapping the bed once UCF took out their QB.

Hey, if all you guys want to do is talk about how bad you're getting screwed and make derogatory remarks about people throughout the country who are supporting the chance to get you want you want go right ahead. At this point reading this board I almost get the impression that you'd rather not win a title so you can keep complaining about it and making ridiculous claims to what the legality of lawsuits would be. It's like losing frost to Nebraska is a bigger deal than going undefeated to some people. Sorry, I just don't get the victim mentality.
We've already won a national title last week and you now have a coach. The fact that you continue to come here makes me wonder how sad of a human you are.

Did you just raise your voice in here? :boxing:

I think UCF will get more #1 votes in the AP should Alabama win tonight as many think Alabama shouldn't have gotten in the CFP without beating the SEC West champ or winning the SEC championship. Even though Georgia was slaughtered by Auburn with a healthy Kerryon Johnson, they at least rebounded to beat Auburn in the rematch and would be a more legitimate #1.

I think UCF will get more #1 votes in the AP should Alabama win tonight as many think Alabama shouldn't have gotten in the CFP without beating the SEC West champ or winning the SEC championship. Even though Georgia was slaughtered by Auburn with a healthy Kerryon Johnson, they at least rebounded to beat Auburn in the rematch and would be a more legitimate #1.
Roll Tide!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT