ADVERTISEMENT

Netflix misses guidance, down 13% overnight trading

Knight_Light

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
i have not been a fan of netflix for a few years now. its just getting watered down as the price goes up. i still use it from time to time but its not what it used to be.

Netflix is a crazy story. First they darn near go bankrupt and have to reorganize, then they single handedly take down Blockbuster, Hollywood Video, and Movie Gallery, now their on the path of collapsing under their own weight.

I've been watching Ozark lately. Not bad but almost GOT-like in their story telling. 8 episodes in and waiting for something to happen.

Blockbuster could have bought Netflix for $50M in 2000. Fast forward to today -- Blockbuster has only 1 store left in the USA and Netflix has a appx mkt cap of $163 BILLION

I know a few guys in the movie making business ... they say Netflix is passing around money like candy for projects. They are counting on rapid growth to fund their expenditures. We will see how that works out.

Reactions: Boston.Knight
i have not been a fan of netflix for a few years now. its just getting watered down as the price goes up. i still use it from time to time but its not what it used to be.

Huh? Really? IMO some of the best new shows are coming from Netflix. It's HBO that I find totally lacking in developing shows to give a shit about, outside of GOT.

However they may have finally done that since Sharp Objects is pretty damn good so far.

Huh? Really? IMO some of the best new shows are coming from Netflix. It's HBO that I find totally lacking in developing shows to give a shit about, outside of GOT.

However they may have finally done that since Sharp Objects is pretty damn good so far.
some of their shows are good but i dont have to see them. some of their movies are ok, but i dont have to see them. the rest of their movie selections are crap now. i never find anything on there of value now. the only thing i like is their kids section.

I know a few guys in the movie making business ... they say Netflix is passing around money like candy for projects. They are counting on rapid growth to fund their expenditures. We will see how that works out.

The execs know it’s all about growth and will bleed that company dry at any expense to continue to show growth to make sure their stock options vest at ridiculous valuations. It’s the modus operandi on the street today, enabled and encouraged by our own Fed.

Reactions: The Branch
some of their shows are good but i dont have to see them. some of their movies are ok, but i dont have to see them. the rest of their movie selections are crap now. i never find anything on there of value now. the only thing i like is their kids section.

That's the trend though. HBO and Showtime barely even attempt to promote movies anymore and focus entirely on their own productions. I can't remember the last full length movie I watched, yet I'm routinely trying new shows. People are much more likely to sit down nightly for a 1 hour episode that allows for a more expansive plot.

I thought Ozark was one of the better shows from last year.

Then you’ve got Narcos, Stranger Things, Altered Carbon, GLOW, Mindhunter, Godless, Lost in space, Comedians in Cars, Santa Clarita Diet, The Crown, Black Mirror etc etc etc

That show lineup blows away anything HBO has been doing

Netflix has a lot of great TV but they also have a lot of bloat. They'll start slimming down their original content and focus on high quality shows and money making shows (likely kids stuff, etc).

I just started narcos last week . I’m
Loving it for sure

Narcos is AWESOME.

I like the documentaries that Netflix does. I'm watching Evil Genius right now and it's really good. Not to mention, most of the Ken Burns stuff is on there.

Finished Ozark last night. Pretty dark show. I thought the pastor was going to make it a whole lot darker in the last episode. New season Aug 31. It's similar to Always Sunny in that every character is a POS. Ruth turned out to be my favorite from season 1.

Finished Ozark last night. Pretty dark show. I thought the pastor was going to make it a whole lot darker in the last episode. New season Aug 31. It's similar to Always Sunny in that every character is a POS. Ruth turned out to be my favorite from season 1.

Ozark was great.

I watched 4 episodes of Ozark - had the same “when is something going to happen” thoughts. I guess I should give it another shot

I watched 4 episodes of Ozark - had the same “when is something going to happen” thoughts. I guess I should give it another shot

It’s like we watched different shows. I was hooked right away.

Maybe it’s how I viewed Westworld Season 2. People swear this show is soooo brilliant and awesome but I quit 2 episodes in such i thought it was a snooze fest

It took me a couple of episodes to get into Ozarks. I just couldn't believe Jason Bateman in a non-sarcastic comedy role. Once I finally got past that I really enjoyed it. Some good character development.

ADVERTISEMENT