ADVERTISEMENT

Never mind.

The cold, hard truth is that everybody who posts here shares a hell of a lot in common with his fellow posters.

If I met you insufferable douchebags over a beer, and we never mentioned politics, I'd probably think you were okay-guys. ;) :)

I liked this idea. I was busy yesterday and couldn’t give me life story. I have 7 and 8 year old daughters that just started softball last year. They loved it.
My daughter started when she was 8. Thank goodness she did not like soccer but Softball is so cool, I actually enjoy watching it more than baseball. It's faster.
She's been playing travel ball for 5 years now and is playing reginal "A" ball for Lady Lightning Gold (LLG) based out of the Carolinas.
Travel ball is just crazy with crazy parents thinking they are getting D1 scholorships....

My daughter started when she was 8. Thank goodness she did not like soccer but Softball is so cool, I actually enjoy watching it more than baseball. It's faster.
She's been playing travel ball for 5 years now and is playing reginal "A" ball for Lady Lightning Gold (LLG) based out of the Carolinas.
Travel ball is just crazy with crazy parents thinking they are getting D1 scholorships....
I’m afraid of travel ball. I’ve talked to enough parents that have their kids doing it to know that it is time consuming and expensive. I met one family that spent a week in Atlanta so their son could play in a baseball tournament in South Cobb. That’s a hell of a commitment. It’s still coach pitch and hardly anybody hits it out of the infield. If they want to do travel ball some day, I’ll offer to buy them a pony. If that doesn’t work, I guess I’ll drive all around Georgia eating Chik-fil-a and wearing shirts with my daughters pictures on it. It is fun to watch, though.

When my daughter was 10, she played softball. Being a big sports guy, it remains one of my most gut-wrenching parental memories. My daughter was playing right field (which should tell you something) and midway through the game there was a play at the plate and the catcher scraped her knee. The coach decided to give her a break and came out of the dugout and called out to my daughter to come in and play catcher.

My daughter put her hands on her hips and did her best 'Lucy' impression and said NO. When her coach insisted, she proceeded to argue with him -- and eventually won the argument -- while I sat in the stands in abject horror. After the game, I asked her why she protested and she replied it was "too hot" to wear all that catcher stuff.

That was the last season she played softball.

When my daughter was 10, she played softball. Being a big sports guy, it remains one of my most gut-wrenching parental memories. My daughter was playing right field (which should tell you something) and midway through the game there was a play at the plate and the catcher scraped her knee. The coach decided to give her a break and came out of the dugout and called out to my daughter to come in and play catcher.

My daughter put her hands on her hips and did her best 'Lucy' impression and said NO. When her coach insisted, she proceeded to argue with him -- and eventually won the argument -- while I sat in the stands in abject horror. After the game, I asked her why she protested and she replied it was "too hot" to wear all that catcher stuff.

That was the last season she played softball.
;-) My daughter is a catcher...

• Haha
Reactions: DaShuckster
I’m afraid of travel ball. I’ve talked to enough parents that have their kids doing it to know that it is time consuming and expensive. I met one family that spent a week in Atlanta so their son could play in a baseball tournament in South Cobb. That’s a hell of a commitment. It’s still coach pitch and hardly anybody hits it out of the infield. If they want to do travel ball some day, I’ll offer to buy them a pony. If that doesn’t work, I guess I’ll drive all around Georgia eating Chik-fil-a and wearing shirts with my daughters pictures on it. It is fun to watch, though.
You should watch the movie All-Stars. You'll love it... Honestly, it is a commitment but my wife and I really enjoy it. We spend alot of time with our daughter and together as a family. Our team usually does two or so overnights with travel and try and play local as much. We are fortunate to have a really good area for competition. If you get in with a good set of families it's actually fun and you have dinners and drinks together while the kids play ball...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT