ADVERTISEMENT

New basketball transfer!

Our offense doesn’t seem like the PG has to make many decisions. They just pass around perimeter until 8 seconds left and then hurry up and put up a shot.
Yeah. Just pass the ball into the big men, let the defense collapse, kick it back out to the shooters for 3. I think he helps us more on defense being a big PG.

Our offense doesn’t seem like the PG has to make many decisions. They just pass around perimeter until 8 seconds left and then hurry up and put up a shot.
Actually UCF runs a ton of set plays with a variety of screens and hand-off actions. Last season UCF did a very good job taking care of the ball averaging just 11.8 turnovers per game.

Can we just recruit transfers and sprinkle in a few true freshman in basketball? I know it football its useful for building depth or filling an immediate need, but I'm not sure about bball.

Reactions: UCFhonors
Can we just recruit transfers and sprinkle in a few true freshman in basketball? I know it football its useful for building depth or filling an immediate need, but I'm not sure about bball.

If it works for Kentucky and Duke with 18 year olds, it will work for us with 23 year olds.

Actually UCF runs a ton of set plays with a variety of screens and hand-off actions. Last season UCF did a very good job taking care of the ball averaging just 11.8 turnovers per game.
Johnny calls plays and PG makes first pass. I don’t see how the PG can mess it up if he follows the play called.

Reactions: UCFhonors
I’m super stoked about Milon

Bio https://tribeathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6832

Prep
Named Florida Class 7A Player of the Year as a junior and senior … A first-team all-state pick in those seasons … Named 7A Player of the Year as senior by the Florida Association of Basketball Coaches and was a McDonald’s All-America nominee … One of nine finalists for the 2015 Florida Dairy Farmers Mr. Basketball award … Three-time first-team all-conference selection … Averaged 23.0 points and 7.0 rebounds in leading Oviedo to the state championship game as a senior

Sophomore Year (2017-18)
Started 29 of his 31 appearances, averaging 32.4 minutes per game … Averaged 13 points, 2.7 rebounds and 1.1 assists per game … Shot 48.6 percent (134-of-276) from the floor, including 42.8 percent (77-of-180) from 3-point range

Earned the W&M team award with the top free throw percentage at 92.1 percent

Junior Season (2018-19)
Started 29 of 30 games and averaged 29.7 minutes per game … Averaged 13 points, 3.2 rebounds and 1.3 assists per game … Shot 44.2 percent from the field, 40.1 percent from 3-point range and 67.8 percent at the free throw line

I’m super stoked about Milon

Bio https://tribeathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6832

Prep
Named Florida Class 7A Player of the Year as a junior and senior … A first-team all-state pick in those seasons … Named 7A Player of the Year as senior by the Florida Association of Basketball Coaches and was a McDonald’s All-America nominee … One of nine finalists for the 2015 Florida Dairy Farmers Mr. Basketball award … Three-time first-team all-conference selection … Averaged 23.0 points and 7.0 rebounds in leading Oviedo to the state championship game as a senior

Sophomore Year (2017-18)
Started 29 of his 31 appearances, averaging 32.4 minutes per game … Averaged 13 points, 2.7 rebounds and 1.1 assists per game … Shot 48.6 percent (134-of-276) from the floor, including 42.8 percent (77-of-180) from 3-point range

Earned the W&M team award with the top free throw percentage at 92.1 percent

Junior Season (2018-19)
Started 29 of 30 games and averaged 29.7 minutes per game … Averaged 13 points, 3.2 rebounds and 1.3 assists per game … Shot 44.2 percent from the field, 40.1 percent from 3-point range and 67.8 percent at the free throw line
If he can be anything like Williams Sr year he will be real good for us.

Matt Milon committed!

SWISH!
basketball10.gif~c200

IIRC whenever a team dedicated a good defender to press Allen we would switch to BJ bringing the ball upcourt, but Allen did a good job of distribution in the half court. Our turnovers seemed to cluster around Tacko bringing the ball below his shoulders or Dejesus and Bertz passing to where they incorrectly thought a teammate was headed.

I suspect our turnovers per possession look a lot more pedestrian than our turnovers per game due to our slow, grinding style.

IIRC whenever a team dedicated a good defender to press Allen we would switch to BJ bringing the ball upcourt, but Allen did a good job of distribution in the half court. Our turnovers seemed to cluster around Tacko bringing the ball below his shoulders or Dejesus and Bertz passing to where they incorrectly thought a teammate was headed.

I suspect our turnovers per possession look a lot more pedestrian than our turnovers per game due to our slow, grinding style.

Style overall will dictate turnovers. For years it seemed that we had 18+ turnovers a game. To cut that nearly in half is coaching, style and players concerted effort.

Reactions: ahabmw

IIRC, UCF had a turnover rate of about 15% which is pretty good. Some of those turnovers are offensive fouls.

ADVERTISEMENT