ADVERTISEMENT

New era of liberation under UCF coach Scott Frost

The only thing that matters is the trophy case.

And if there is one HC who knows about what a full "trophy case" looks like and what it takes to get that here at UCF is coach Frost. After all he played for the Legend coach Tom Osborne, won a NC trophy as the starting QB at Nebraska, and walked by a trophy case filled with 5 NC and 40 plus conference championship trophies everyday as a Husker.

He knows what he is doing and his players have fully embraced his system and methods. They are working hard and being held accountable for their actions, but also are having fun playing the game they love once again under coach Frost and his staff. That won't be the only thing that creats a full "trophy case", but is an important needed element for any championship caliber team to have.

But again I could be wrong.

So is this article saying Frost is ok with a player sporting this haircut?
12094_5.jpg

man some of you are still so defensive of GOL

He ran the Program like a Military Academy. Were there good times? Yes but there also were some very steep Lows both On & Off the Field. I'll never get the worship for a barely over .500 record but #NostalgiaOn*

He ran the Program like a Military Academy. Were there good times? Yes but there also were some very steep Lows both On & Off the Field. I'll never get the worship for a barely over .500 record but #NostalgiaOn*

Hey our military kicks some serious butt.! But seriously you haters are they guys who keep bringing it up. All of the coaches in UCF history are just over 500 or less. GOL is the only one who actually accomplished something here but if you cannot recognize the steps UCF took over the last 12 years then there is no pleasing you. #VerucaSaltIwantitnowdaddy

Reactions: PothTXKnight
Hey our military kicks some serious butt.! But seriously you haters are they guys who keep bringing it up. All of the coaches in UCF history are just over 500 or less. GOL is the only one who actually accomplished something here but if you cannot recognize the steps UCF took over the last 12 years then there is no pleasing you. #VerucaSaltIwantitnowdaddy
I didn't bring it up first. There's a consistent tone from a few posters that's been noticeable for a while now when it comes to Frost, kind of a 'new age' resentment and secretly hoping for struggles to 'vindicate' their preference for the Old School approach.

It's called winning trophies and games that matter, even with some bad seasons and losses. I hope we get back to that place soon. I gave Frost 2 seasons to get things going, and then in the third season he'll get judged.

GOL brought this program to rhe greatest highs in its history. Up and downs happen at almost all G5 schools. Especially in year #1. We had little talent in 2004. He crapped the bed in 2015, but Frost hasn't done a single thing to top his overall success and the high points. When or if he does, we will all benefit from it and the talk will be put to rest. Hopefully

Reactions: PothTXKnight

#WorstHashtagOfAllTime

I didn't bring it up first. There's a consistent tone from a few posters that's been noticeable for a while now when it comes to Frost, kind of a 'new age' resentment and secretly hoping for struggles to 'vindicate' their preference for the Old School approach.
I think you are seeing this through your own bias. I have not see a single post where any GOL supporter has pined for the "old school ways". I don't think anyone cares what the coach philosophy is as long as we win and are not embarrassed by off the field troubles. Every coach has a method that works for them, and neither one is better than the other. The Pro-GOL comments come in response to some made up general statements like "It's nice to have a Head Coach that the media doesn't despise" that have no real basis in any kind of logic or fact.

I think you are seeing this through your own bias. I have not see a single post where any GOL supporter has pined for the "old school ways". I don't think anyone cares what the coach philosophy is as long as we win and are not embarrassed by off the field troubles. Every coach has a method that works for them, and neither one is better than the other. The Pro-GOL comments come in response to some made up general statements like "It's nice to have a Head Coach that the media doesn't despise" that have no real basis in any kind of logic or fact.

it's not a bias. I just think that winning percentage was not some miraculous feat when he was the first coach to be given any sort of respectable budget. I will not stop thinking that it's ridiculous to give a Statue to a Coach with a winning percentage under .600 , but the majority of this board is so defensive of him like he put together Bowden like consistency. He didn't and my issue is the same fans just brush off the immediate 2-3 year damage that GOL left this Program in between sanctions and 0-12.

it's not a bias. I just think that winning percentage was not some miraculous feat when he was the first coach to be given any sort of respectable budget. I will not stop thinking that it's ridiculous to give a Statue to a Coach with a winning percentage under .600 , but the majority of this board is so defensive of him like he put together Bowden like consistency. He didn't and my issue is the same fans just brush off the immediate 2-3 year damage that GOL left this Program in between sanctions and 0-12.
I will agree on the statue, that was over the top. But the arguments about budget is just not valid. There are so many programs with budgets more than ours and resources that outpaced what UCF has been able provide their coaches who did not accomplish what GOL was able to do. I don't know how long you have been a fan, but this program was in shambles in 2004. We had a few great receivers on the roster because K was a high powered passing game kind of guy, but other than that this place was a mess all the way around.

Consistency? what does that mean to us really? Would you trade the 12-1 season and the 0-12 for two 8-4 seasons or maybe two 9-3 seasons? Does anyone remember those 8-4 seasons? How about trading the 12-1 (Fiesta Bowl) season and the 10-3 (Liberty Bowl) seasons for 12 years of 8-4 or 9-3? As a G5 program, nationally, once you are not in the top tier it really does not matter where you finish. I would rather have the ultimate highs and the ultimate lows to consistent mediocrity any day. I have said it many times before, just ask yourself would you rather be a UCF fan over the last 12 years or a USF fan over the last 12 years? Would you rather have trophies and O'fers, or a bunch of middle of the road seasons and your best memory being #2 for one week before cratering into mediocrity once again.

I love Coach Scott Frost, it is liberation and a different 'younger' style of coaching. I liked GOL as well. Although we lost a lot it was never not entertaining. Well...maybe that 0-15 loss to UAB where they kicked 5 field goals to win was not entertaining....LOL...

Read this 2014 article on O'leary:
What Lies Beneath
George O’Leary seems to be the classic curmudgeon. But that’s just one side of UCF’s football coach. We found another.
BY PETER KERASOTIS
http://www.orlandomagazine.com/Orlando-Magazine/August-2014/What-Lies-Beneath/

Reactions: Mikesi
It's nice to have a Head Coach that the media doesn't despise
Frost is definitely not what the media want in a coach! He's low key, not humorous, cryptic, hates doing pressers, few good quotes, not controversial, and doesn't even lose his cool. He'd rather send an assistant out to do the talking so he can get back to preparing for the next game.

Reactions: muckdawg24
Frost is definitely not what the media want in a coach! He's low key, not humorous, cryptic, hates doing pressers, few good quotes, not controversial, and doesn't even lose his cool. He'd rather send an assistant out to do the talking so he can get back to preparing for the next game.
He might might not lose his cool with the media but I've seen him go ape shit on some refs.

Reactions: BigXIIOrBust
ADVERTISEMENT