ADVERTISEMENT

New Numbers on Field

KnightVision82

Diamond Knight
Jan 26, 2004
Noticed 89 - Hayden Jones and 11 - Cam Stewart on offense ...
Also, DC was trying to get more players in which is always good for next season.
Will our defense tack a major step back next season? I hope playing time of #2s prevents
that from happening.

Noticed 89 - Hayden Jones and 11 - Cam Stewart on offense ...
Also, DC was trying to get more players in which is always good for next season.
Will our defense tack a major step back next season? I hope playing time of #2s prevents
that from happening.

UCF is losing all starting DB's plus several starting LB's...so yes, the back 7 may not be as good next year...but hopefully with most of the DL coming back, that experience can make up for the inexperience in the back 7.

UCF offense HAS to improve next year (almost everyone coming back)...as UCF will probably have to win some 42-38 ball games.

Time will tell but I think next year's DBs will be better than this year's DB, they definitely were rated higher out of hs. They're athletic but lack experience.

2016 top 8 DBs
Griffin
Johnson
Mutcherson
Killlings
Boykins
Clarke
Neal
Gibson

2017 top 8 DBs
Clarke
Neal
Gibson
Causey
Scott
Burgess-Becker
Brown
Moore

Time will tell but I think next year's DBs will be better than this year's DB, they definitely were rated higher out of hs. They're athletic but lack experience.

2016 top 8 DBs
Griffin
Johnson
Mutcherson
Killlings
Boykins
Clarke
Neal
Gibson

2017 top 8 DBs
Clarke
Neal
Gibson
Causey
Scott
Burgess-Becker
Brown
Moore

Exactly. I'm comfortable with the talent level of the 2017 DB's. Learning to play together as a unit in the Spring will be critical for them.

Thanks, Bizzle. Nice comparison and list of holdovers. Also, Shaquem still does some pass coverage, too. The concern about lack of experienced depth should also become less important once the offense isn't going 3 and out so often.

The loss of graduating DB's, WR's and other athlete positions shouldn't worry Knight Nation.

This is what we've produced for the NFL, year in and year out, usually....Bouye, Robinson, Fisher, Samuel, Marshall, Walker, Hall, Aiken, Perriman, Geathers, Lee, Gabriel...

What we need are linemen on either end, in a recruiting geographic landscape that simply hasn't gone our way. Hit the Midwest and get some of those talented big white boys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT