ADVERTISEMENT

New Orange/Osceola DA will not pursue death penalty

CommuterBob

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Aug 3, 2011
Stuck in traffic

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...is-ayala-no-death-penalty-20170316-story.html

“I have determined that doing so is not in the best interest of the community or the best interest of justice.”

She said she understands that law enforcement may be upset, but she did not make the decision arbitrarily.

Ayala said Florida law gives her the discretion to make the decision.

She made the announcement the same week that Gov. Rick Scott restored the ability of prosecutors to use the death penalty as a prosecutorial tool.

http://www.mynews13.com/content/new...icles/cfn/2017/3/16/state_attorney_to_ex.html

"There is no evidence that the death penalty projects the public or law enforcement officers, she said. Ayala also stated that the death penalty does not give closure to victim families and the death penalty costs more on tax payers than to give a suspect of murder a life sentence."

This includes the case against Markeith Loyd.

the death penalty costs more on tax payers than to give a suspect of murder a life sentence."

I would love to see the studies on housing a person for 10-15 years on death row vs 50-60 years in gen pop. She has to be talking out her ass.

I would love to see the studies on housing a person for 10-15 years on death row vs 50-60 years in gen pop. She has to be talking out her ass.
Lawyers for the countless numbers of appeals for death penalty cases cost a lot more than just putting a guy in gen-pop.

Good for her for standing up for what is right. Our government should never be in the business of killing people, no matter what the reason is. Revenge is certainly not a good enough reason.

Reactions: UCFhonors
Lawyers for the countless numbers of appeals for death penalty cases cost a lot more than just putting a guy in gen-pop.

Then as Chris Rock once said, "there shouldn't be a death row ... it should be death week."

Good for her for standing up for what is right.

So taking money from a billionaire instigator to further a globalist agenda is now considered standing up for what is right? How would you feel if you saw your loved one, who was already injured on the ground, shot in cold blood by that savage Markeith Lloyd? Bet you'd be singing a different tune then.

Our government should never be in the business of killing people, no matter what the reason is. Revenge is certainly not a good enough reason.

Our government has been in the business of killing people since before there was even a government. Hell, every government does for that matter. The death penalty is only viewed by the liberal establishment as "revenge." The rest of the population sees it as a deterrent.

Personally, i'd be ok with Markeith Lloyd not receiving the death penalty if the prison up at Starke decided to employ a few of those Guantanamo Bay 'get Medieval on your ass' type practices.

Way to go Central Florida, you just elected another judicial activist along the same lines as that b1tch Marilyn Mosby

Baltimore_Police_Death-0bd24.jpg

Reactions: Knight_Light
Another idiot like Kim Davis in Kentucky pushing their personal ethics on other people.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...is-ayala-no-death-penalty-20170316-story.html

“I have determined that doing so is not in the best interest of the community or the best interest of justice.”

She said she understands that law enforcement may be upset, but she did not make the decision arbitrarily.

Ayala said Florida law gives her the discretion to make the decision.

She made the announcement the same week that Gov. Rick Scott restored the ability of prosecutors to use the death penalty as a prosecutorial tool.

She is a perfect match for those that live in Orange/Osceola. (I feel bad for the few good people that have to live there).

Gov. Scott just reassigned the Markeith Lloyd case to a special prosecutor; taking it out of the hands of another social justice warrior BLM activist in disguise.

B.i.tch just cemented her status as a one-termer with zero political future, unless she finds a nicely gerrymandered district like Corrine Brown.

Reactions: Knight_Light
Gov. Scott just reassigned the Markeith Lloyd case to a special prosecutor; taking it out of the hands of another social justice warrior BLM activist in disguise.

B.i.tch just cemented her status as a one-termer with zero political future, unless she finds a nicely gerrymandered district like Corrine Brown.
Not a special prosecutor, but Seminole-Brevard's DA, Brad King.

Fire this dipshit before she can do any real damage.

If you protect the lives of scum like this you aren't worthy of the job.

Reactions: UCFWayne

You hope but that is now a very liberal and a minority based district so you can't count on those with smarts to out vote those without.

looks like the sjw libtard princess has been removed from the case. thank you govt scott. lets hope the new prosecutor will get the death penalty for the super predator savage.

We dont need 20 years of people on death row, its insane how much it costs. It shouldnt last more than 10 years.

It shouldn't last an hour. If a jury of your peers finds you guilty and say you deserve the death penalty you should be brought to a room and shot in the head. Libs have no problem killing hundreds of thousands of innocent babies a year but they don't want to kill the worst of the worst in our society?

Republicans think the government is too inept to do anything...except kill civilians. Government is perfect for killing people!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT