ADVERTISEMENT

NEW with ARTICLE: Road Trippin with Robert: University of Florida Edition

ucf1

Silver Knight
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2001
Our very own Robert (aka 2Letters2Words) is on a mission to get the full story on the tailgate and pregame scene for UCF road games this season. He made the trek to Gainesville to check out Gator country.

Thanks for watching here.

Knight fans invaded Gator country​

This review of the visiting fans’ experience at the University of Florida has to begin with a disclaimer. I was raised in a Gator household. I was one of four boys born in about a five year window more than 5 decades ago. To this day, my three brothers are all avid Gator fans and boosters (Even though one brother never attended UF.) I grew up going to Florida Field in Gainesville during the coaching days of Doug Dickey. Unlike my brothers, I grew up to make my own choices, including enrolling at UCF. I have to appreciate that my father, a yankee from the Bronx in New York City, decided to start regularly making the trek from our home in Clearwater, to Gainsville, to see games on a regular basis. While, unlike my brothers, the love for UF didn’t stick around for me, it is responsible for instilling in me the love of college football and all the unique traditions and lore that revolve around the game.

Click here to read the rest from the Sons of UCF.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT