ADVERTISEMENT

*NEWSFLASH* Auburn fans still butthurt

Central Floridave

Todd's Tiki Bar
Aug 21, 2001
Geez, some of my Brevard County friends who I told that Gus is speaking at a meet-n-greet and come see him as he is very personable...squawked at the mention of Gus.

The same rhetoric I heard a year ago.

They still butthurt. What they gonna do when Bryan Harsin is losing but Gus is winning at UCF? Some sad sacks for sure. Glad I'm not that kind of fan.

Geez, some of my Brevard County friends who I told that Gus is speaking at a meet-n-greet and come see him as he is very personable...squawked at the mention of Gus.

They still butthurt. What they gonna do when Bryan Harsin is losing but Gus is winning at UCF? Some sad sacks for sure. Glad I'm not that kind of fan.
Sounds like they just werent that “motivated” to see him

• Haha
Reactions: CBlackwellRN
I know many of them love him but their relationship has come to an end so I imagine the majority don't want to look back.

They'll either realize they don't like him (so it would be a waste of time going) or they like him more than Harsin (so they're filled with regret). It's a lose/lose situation.

Fwiw I think Gus is a good guy and I'd love to get a dram with him. Which I can't say about Harsin.

To be fare I would have done the same thing if a Nebraska friend asked me to come see Frost speak.

The difference between heupel and frost is they left on good terms.
And, I’d go see them speak without bashing them.
Au fans are disgruntled and carrying an unhealthy grudge. Poor Harsin. He’s next.

Au fans are disgruntled and carrying an unhealthy grudge. Poor Harsin. He’s next.
Maybe for you, but there is some that have a grudge with Frost to this day and most have a strong dislike of Heupel and are disgruntled with what he did with the program.

Reactions: U C to the F
Well I would imagine Gus got over getting the boot when the check hit his account. What was it 17 mil? Now that's a Golden parachute better than many executives recieve.

The other thing could be this? Maybe they liked Gus but are butt hurt over how Auburn athletics is run by a few powerful people. Maybe they don't like that? My brother teaches at Auburn and he likes Gus but isn't thrilled all the time how Auburn athletics is run. He has is issues with Gus but he likes the guy and has great respect for him. There is a funky dynamic going on Auburn at times where big money donors tend to run coaches out of town on a rail sometimes over little things . Most Auburn fans I speak with dont have a lot of negative things to say about Gus.

I have no interest in seeing Heuple or Frost speak .

Butthurt about what? Gus was fired at Auburn. UCF then hired him.

The other thing could be this? Maybe they liked Gus but are butt hurt over how Auburn athletics is run by a few powerful people. Maybe they don't like that? My brother teaches at Auburn and he likes Gus but isn't thrilled all the time how Auburn athletics is run. He has is issues with Gus but he likes the guy and has great respect for him. There is a funky dynamic going on Auburn at times where big money donors tend to run coaches out of town on a rail sometimes over little things . Most Auburn fans I speak with dont have a lot of negative things to say about Gus.

I have no interest in seeing Heuple or Frost speak .
Thinking of listening to Heupel’s coach speak again makes me very angry. Talk about a guy with no personality, he’s as complete dud. Thanks TN and DW…

Reactions: PositYourself
Maybe for you, but there is some that have a grudge with Frost to this day and most have a strong dislike of Heupel and are disgruntled with what he did with the program.
I have more grudge with heupel. Frost came back to coach the bowl game and helped us earn our biggest win in program history. He wasnt obligated to do that and I would welcome him back if Nebraska cut him loose

I got beef with Dennis the Menace because he left a great situation to go to a shit situation, and seemed pretty gleeful to do so. Glad he came along when he did, though, because he reinvigorated the fanbase and program. Talk about hitting a HR as an AD….and he made a good choice with Heupel as well.

Got no beef with Heupel. Not a knock on Gabriel but if Milton doesn’t get hurt we might have ripped off 37-38 wins in a row (or been very close to that amount of wins). Then Gabriel takes over after a year of sitting. Life happened, though, and our trajectory was going in the wrong direction. He got paid, Danny got paid and most importantly UCF got paid. We have now ended up with a better situation. Does that mean guaranteed success….no, but I like the situation.

Last edited:
I got beef with Dennis the Menace because he left a great situation to go to a shit situation, and seemed pretty gleeful to do so. Glad he came along when he did, though, because he reinvigorated the fanbase and program. Talk about hitting a HR as an AD….and he made a good choice with Heupel as well.

Got no beef with Heupel. Not a knock on Gabriel but if Milton doesn’t get hurt we might have ripped off 37-38 wins in a row (or been very close to that amount of wins). Then Gabriel takes over after a year of sitting. Life happened, though, and our trajectory was going in the wrong direction. He got paid, Danny got paid and most importantly UCF got paid. We have now ended up with a better situation. Does that mean guaranteed success….no, but I like the situation.
Milton’s injury is a great point - he made both of those coaches look better than they were IMO and I have no doubt we beat LSU with him.

The level of success we had 2017-2018 was not sustainable, but are definitely in a better situation now because of it.

Reactions: Knight Strength
IDK they left on some shaky ground. Frost signing with Nebraska before our AAC champ game and Huepel up and leaving right before signing day. Course after have a sub par year and getting smashed by BYU i was happy he left.

I thought we were never going to mention that byu boca bowl disaster ever again?!? I definitely soured on Heupel on that game. Unmotivated team and first time I ever left a game in the 3rd quarter. However, I've moved on from that. Now kind of pulling for him at Tennessee to upset the SEC power somewhat. My mom lives in Knoxville, so I gotta hear what is happening up there all the time.

However, the Auburn friends that I know are still sourgrapes on Malzhan and bash him everytime I mention how good he is doing at UCF....they really want and need a "I TOLD YOU" moment. Fug 'em. I think we have a great coach after the coaching carousel took place and like mentioned above, Heupel was a horrible speaker. This is what you would get, 'pad level, whistle-to-whistle, eyes in right location'. Eh? Wha? Boring coach-speak kills me.

At least Gus Malzhan wins the press conferences. He had the crowd energized.

Go Knights!

The only things I'd want to hear Frost talk about was hiding in a closet, banging bar maids, and his wife leaving him....oh and maybe whether they ever chose a name for their baby.

Heupel maybe just how he falls upward into great jobs.

I thought we were never going to mention that byu boca bowl disaster ever again?!? I definitely soured on Heupel on that game. Unmotivated team and first time I ever left a game in the 3rd quarter. However, I've moved on from that. Now kind of pulling for him at Tennessee to upset the SEC power somewhat. My mom lives in Knoxville, so I gotta hear what is happening up there all the time.

At least Gus Malzhan wins the press conferences. He had the crowd energized.
I currently live in Knoxville and I'm still able to get that University vibe living close to a college town. Hands down UCF is a much better campus. I enjoy wearing my UCF gear when I'm around the campus, and I get many positive comments this was before Heupel moved here. The positive comments may stop after couple years of Heupel. I hope he can be successful, but the life span in the SEC is short for most coaches.

Reactions: Central Floridave
Frost was a great hire and did the unthinkable at UCF in a short time. We owe much to him and DW. With that said, I hope he crumbles at UN.

Huepal was just a big fat dim-wit who did nothing for me. Anyone with an ounce of perception could tell he was a snake oil salesman with nothing in the tank as far as genuine charisma.

Our coach now speaks the speak, and walks the walk. I'd play for him in a minute over the other two. He.Is.Real. We may bitch over his play calling and this and that, but he is faaaar more superior in ability, character and experience than the other nit-wits.

Frost was a great hire and did the unthinkable at UCF in a short time. We owe much to him and DW. With that said, I hope he crumbles at UN.

Huepal was just a big fat dim-wit who did nothing for me. Anyone with an ounce of perception could tell he was a snake oil salesman with nothing in the tank as far as genuine charisma.

Our coach now speaks the speak, and walks the walk. I'd play for him in a minute over the other two. He.Is.Real. We may bitch over his play calling and this and that, but he is faaaar more superior in ability, character and experience than the other nit-wits.
I think playcalling will improve with JRP under center. Were limited to short throws and handoffs with keene because he has no wheels

ADVERTISEMENT