ADVERTISEMENT

Next Team up...HOUSTON. So what do you guys think?

I don't think it will be as close as people think. Houston's defense is worse that Memphis' and their offense is on par with Tulane's. If Heup paces himself our defense will get a few stops and the offense will put it out of reach.

I don't think it will be as close as people think. Houston's defense is worse that Memphis' and their offense is on par with Tulane's. If Heup paces himself our defense will get a few stops and the offense will put it out of reach.

Houston beat Tulane 49-31

Tulane had a true freshman QB with offense that traditionally focuses on running. Houston has a junior QB that averages 300+ yards passing/gm. Houston passing game is closer to Memphis than Tulane.

Tulane had a true freshman QB with offense that traditionally focuses on running. Houston has a junior QB that averages 300+ yards passing/gm. Houston passing game is closer to Memphis than Tulane.
Good points and fair take. My perspective is I don't think Houstons O or D is as good as ours. Whereas Memphis O is about as good as ours.

Hope for interceptions? :)

I loved How we slowed down Tempo in the final Quarter. Over 8 min with the ball many teams could have scored on our defense during that time. Continue 2 tight end sets. I also love short dump passes. Defense let receivers play one on one. Use safety to clog the middle of the field, have timed rushes. Contain Quarterback. Have DB feast on Interceptions let them beat us with the long ball not short passes. Also, someone talk to our kicker. He is overthinking.He has Powerfull leg and is pulling kicks. He is lining up to far to his left. Easy fix. Coach needs to work with him Confidence is shot.He is using power kick and overthinking. Get Prater to come down and chat with him. Seen this before with other kickers.

You may be right.

Reactions: ElprofesorJuan
If we were undefeated we’d be where Cincy is. That’s heartbreaking.
They should send us a Thank You letter. I've seen them play twice. In no way, shape or form are they as good as the 2017 team, and that team was constantly held back in the polls, getting no higher than 12th going into bowl season. Just another example of how subjective the polls are.

They have a big game vs Memphis this weekend.

I got a feeling even if they keep winning they'll start to drop as Big-10 and PAC-12 teams get some wins under their belts. The good news for them, though, is that with leagues playing more conference games, teams inevitably are going to get more losses than normal, because those games are replacing their typical cupcake matchups. Teams that may have only 1-3 really tough games will now have 3-5 tough conference games, when having to play everybody (or almost everybody)....including extra road conference games.

Reactions: Knight Strength
They should send us a Thank You letter. I've seen them play twice. In no way, shape or form are they as good as the 2017 team, and that team was constantly held back in the polls, getting no higher than 12th going into bowl season. Just another example of how subjective the polls are.

They have a big game vs Memphis this weekend.

I got a feeling even if they keep winning they'll start to drop as Big-10 and PAC-12 teams get some wins under their belts. The good news for them, though, is that with leagues playing more conference games, teams inevitably are going to get more losses than normal, because those games are replacing their typical cupcake matchups. Teams that may have only 1-3 really tough games will now have 3-5 tough conference games, when having to play everybody (or almost everybody)....including extra road conference games.
I doubt many teams play more conference games than normal. Games getting canceled every week. B1G wouldn’t let Nebraska play anyone else even though Wisconsin canceled.

Rumors swirling about positive COVID tests on the team heading into the game.

I get Collier, but why can't we act like big time and do a week of "research to completely understand the situation" before we not play others. Just sarcasm, really.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT