ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft Chatter

HammerB08

Silver Knight
Dec 3, 2012
This is a fascinating draft for the Knights moving on to the next level. Shaquem is dominating the headlines for good reason, but I'm really intrigued to see where some of other guys land too. Mike Hughes is one of the most impressive players I've ever seen at UCF and he's being knocked as a character concern because of his issue at UNC and his timed 40 speed didn't impress at the combine. I think that's a one-time mistake at UNC - he was a great character person and teammate from what we saw. Anyway, let's use this thread to speculate/share any chatter we're seeing on the eve of the draft.

From what I've read:
Hughes- 1st Rd (may some how drop to 2nd, but that would be nuts)
Griffin- 3rd-4th Rd
Smith- 3rd-4th Rd
Akins- 6th- UDA

Everyone else UDA

The play that sets him apart is in this link. When I saw him run this guy down; I knew he wasn't going to be with us long.
https://www.underdogdynasty.com/201...-combine-unc-garden-city-juco-aac-first-round
He ran a speedy Austin Peay KO returner down. He’s either caught fast guys from behind, has had ridiculous separation on KO returns and iNT returns or has been all over 4.3.4.5 opposition WRs on deep patterns

Nothing, nothing on film shows that he’s “only” a 4.53 forty guy.

Not even a guy who we thought would be drafted. This is awesome.

Aaron Evans was HIGHLY regarded (P5 prospect) in high school (Junior year). He was a steal for us because he transferred his senior from a big school (Armwood) to a smaller school (Seffner Christian). He fell off the radar. Then he was unheard of for a few years at UCF until he grew that mustache.

This is a fascinating draft for the Knights moving on to the next level. Shaquem is dominating the headlines for good reason, but I'm really intrigued to see where some of other guys land too. Mike Hughes is one of the most impressive players I've ever seen at UCF and he's being knocked as a character concern because of his issue at UNC and his timed 40 speed didn't impress at the combine. I think that's a one-time mistake at UNC - he was a great character person and teammate from what we saw. Anyway, let's use this thread to speculate/share any chatter we're seeing on the eve of the draft.
any little thing can cause a drop of 15+ picks

I read about what allegedly happened at UNC and if true it seems like he got screwed over by the student board.

Last edited:
If the Bucs don't draft Mike Hughes and Shaq. in the 1st and 2nd round, respectively, then Jason Licht ought to be fired. They can always get a back in the 4th round (such as Royce Freeman).

Bucs are at 7. Trade down with the Bills (since they need to move up to draft a QB) and get a few extra picks in the process. Get Hughes something around 15 and Shaq with the 2nd round. Bucs don't have a 3rd rounder since they traded it for an idiot like JPP. Which was stupid. Bucs got fleeced on that one.

Reactions: Knight Strength

Interesting. I suppose you never know what will happen once a guy gets millions but didn't hear a bad word about Mike after that UNC departure. Perhaps there's more to it, or it's an overreaction (which I think we're all hoping). Someone's going to get a hell of a player at a discount if he slides into the 2nd round.

Interesting. I suppose you never know what will happen once a guy gets millions but didn't hear a bad word about Mike after that UNC departure. Perhaps there's more to it, or it's an overreaction (which I think we're all hoping). Someone's going to get a hell of a player at a discount if he slides into the 2nd round.
from what I read on another site during the season from a UNC fan
He had a threesome with two girls, 1 of the girls accused him of SA but the other girl defended him and said it was consensual with all of them. Charges were never filed but the student board still voted to kick him out of UNC
I'm not sure if this was the only incident there but that's all I could find

You guys know teams put out negative vibes on guys hoping they will fall a few spots closer to their pick in the draft

from what I read on another site during the season from a UNC fan
He had a threesome with two girls, 1 of the girls accused him of SA but the other girl defended him and said it was consensual with all of them. Charges were never filed but the student board still voted to kick him out of UNC
I'm not sure if this was the only incident there but that's all I could find
Hughes allegedly got in a fight at a frat party too before UCF. GMs stupidly look at all this little stuff from years ago, like Allen’s tweets that just came out. Hughes seemed like a down to earth good kid in all his UCF interviews and on the field. His talent is off the charts that I think teams like the Pats and Eagles who have an established winning culture and could use a talented CB on a rookie deal, won’t pass him up if he somehow drops to 31-32

You guys know teams put out negative vibes on guys hoping they will fall a few spots closer to their pick in the draft
This is a summary of the discussion that goes on with every draft rumor on every NFL message board:
262u1p.jpg

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Hughes allegedly got in a fight at a frat party too before UCF. GMs stupidly look at all this little stuff from years ago, like Allen’s tweets that just came out. Hughes seemed like a down to earth good kid in all his UCF interviews and on the field. His talent is off the charts that I think teams like the Pats and Eagles who have an established winning culture and could use a talented CB on a rookie deal, won’t pass him up if he somehow drops to 31-32
I think some of these NFL GMs don't get what goes on at these colleges. If everything was known almost all the picks in the first 3 rounds would have at least 1 red flag. Look at all the Bama guys that seem like model citizens in college but once they are not under Saban they are dodging felonies in the NFL.

Yes. If you hear a team wants a certain guy right now, they probably don’t. Trying to get someone to trade up with them and they get the guy they really want 5 picks later and gain another pick. But if I were a sure fire pick, I’d rather go 2nd round and get the bigger second contractva year earlier.

it wouldn’t be wise for these other teams to give Belicheck Lamar Jackson to develop for a year or 2

ESPN has Hughes rated a bit higher. They have him 5th best available with 10 more first round picks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT