ADVERTISEMENT

NFL network to cover Alliance Pro Football.

UCF on the AAF. A-Aron Evans started at left tackle last night. So we have 2 starters on the O-line McCray and A-Aron. Hall is getting more play time. Gerard is playing on short yardage. The quality is okay. When I looked that Garrett was completing only 50-ish%, it filled in why the quality of football was just OK. Difficult to put together quality football in a short time.

Why is the AAF the NFL's problem? sounds like the AAF mislead a lot of people and are trying to point a figure to find and out. If I was the NFL I would in no way cover anything in the AAF.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
I thought they claimed to be fully funded for the first 7 years

Orlando finally gets a winning pro program and it folds... guh...

Why is the AAF the NFL's problem? sounds like the AAF mislead a lot of people and are trying to point a figure to find and out. If I was the NFL I would in no way cover anything in the AAF.

Did you guys read the article?

The issue is about the vision of the AAF as a developmental league and the NFLPA’s objection to it (citing, mainly, player health and safety reasons). Seems like one of the main investors might retract his funding commitment if that vision can’t be realized, not that there’s no money to be had and they’re asking the NFL for $$.

Did you guys read the article?

The issue is about the vision of the AAF as a developmental league and the NFLPA’s objection to it (citing, mainly, player health and safety reasons). Seems like one of the main investors might retract his funding commitment if that vision can’t be realized, not that there’s no money to be had and they’re asking the NFL for $$.
Yea I read it (and I am definitely not an expert on this) but I don't see how not having NFL scout team players means you can't fill rosters and pay players. This year alone a ton of great players will not get positions with NFL teams. Aaron Evans is a great example from the 2017 season.

This is definitely not the NFL or NFLPAs fault. The AAF needs to get its own players and pay them. If the NFL wanted to pay for or operate a developmental league they would have found a way to do it a long time ago. Maybe an investor went into this ignorant?

Yea I read it (and I am definitely not an expert on this) but I don't see how not having NFL scout team players means you can't fill rosters and pay players. This year alone a ton of great players will not get positions with NFL teams. Aaron Evans is a great example from the 2017 season.

This is definitely not the NFL or NFLPAs fault. The AAF needs to get its own players and pay them. If the NFL wanted to pay for or operate a developmental league they would have found a way to do it a long time ago. Maybe an investor went into this ignorant?
I guess I had a different takeaway. I don’t think they can’t fill rosters / pay people without young NFL guys, I think it’s that the league might not be sustainable without a tie to the top league.

Maybe you’re right that the guy didn’t understand it wasn’t a lock to have that connection (or maybe someone upsold him on it).

Either way, hope the league sticks around...finishing a game in <2.5 hours is awesome. Reminds me of when I would go to UCF games back in the day before all the TV timeouts bogged things down.

Reactions: Knight Strength
I guess I had a different takeaway. I don’t think they can’t fill rosters / pay people without young NFL guys, I think it’s that the league might not be sustainable without a tie to the top league.

Maybe you’re right that the guy didn’t understand it wasn’t a lock to have that connection (or maybe someone upsold him on it).

Either way, hope the league sticks around...finishing a game in <2.5 hours is awesome. Reminds me of when I would go to UCF games back in the day before all the TV timeouts bogged things down.
If you’re worried about how long a game takes you aren’t into the game. Same with a movie. If you keep looking at watch seeing if it’s almost over, it’s not a good movie. I don’t care how long it takes. The MBB vs Duke could have gone on another 2 hours and I wouldn’t have minded.

If you’re worried about how long a game takes you aren’t into the game. Same with a movie. If you keep looking at watch seeing if it’s almost over, it’s not a good movie. I don’t care how long it takes. The MBB vs Duke could have gone on another 2 hours and I wouldn’t have minded.
If it were two hours longer because of more action, sure, I’d agree...But games are getting longer and longer because of more commercials which only hurt the flow of the games IMO.

it probably makes it through this season but it's a bad sign when this is the 2nd time that mid week the league has talks of folding.

I was skeptical of this from the beginning but did enjoy the first few games but then kind of lost interest the last 2, more difficult to stay engaged with other events like March Madness on

Orlando finally gets a winning pro program and it folds... guh...
8N4YW4sr2z3H8BRe8

I hope the Alliance can make it. I've watched a few games on TV but have been too busy to attend. For those who have, is it fun?

AAF to immediately suspend operations The eight-team Alliance of American Football, which kicked off the weekend following the Super Bowl and is eight games into its 10-game season, is suspending operations, a source told ESPN

Seems like finishing the season would give a better feel for this things potential but all the news sounds like they didn't have funding to get through an entire season. Did they expect advertising and ticket sales to pay the bills in the first season? People with that much money cant be that bad of business people right?

Shitty for the players, coaches, etc. It was a fun model and would have been a hell of a lot more fun if we got through another draft class.

I guess XFL is next.

They did, but as always, some investors 'take control' and change the plan. The AAF always had a great strategy from the get-go.

The lack of adherence Dixon plan is what doomed the USFL as well.

Of all the leagues, the AAF has been the best experience. And I loved the original plan. It worked to gain a lot of viewers too.

You can’t compete with NFL and beg them to help you. It’s hard to have an NFL farm system in off season. You have to have it during season and has to be NFL run and backed. If you want ticket sales games would have to be on Tuesday nights.

Were big name NFL players going to be forced to play in the AAF? No professional athlete would willingly risk their NFL contract/career taking hits in the off season.

The NFLPA/developmental league story seems weak. There will be excellent UCF players that don't get picked up by the NFL this year who I'd love to see back on the field in the Bounce House. I don't see the lack of talent excuse making any sense.

What is the significance of having access to NFL players?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT