ADVERTISEMENT

NHL Playoffs

KnighttimeJoe

Todd's Tiki Bar
May 29, 2001
Anyone watching?

I love this time of year for hockey. You could sit on your couch from 7pm-1am about every night and watch the playoffs. You can do the same for the NBA too but it just doesn't feel the same.

Reactions: UCF-icenhl-06
Is the NHL still on TV? It seems MLS has better coverage now. I honestly haven't seen a game on TV since the SC in 2004.

The best thing about it for me is that I don't have a team and just watch because it's fun. You learn to side with certain teams or cheer against others.

I've said this before, Doc could do play-by-play of KL posting all day and it would be great.

Watched a few games and theyve all been pretty good. The NHL has the best playoffs hands down, but they need to be on more accessible networks.

The best thing about it for me is that I don't have a team and just watch because it's fun. You learn to side with certain teams or cheer against others.

I've said this before, Doc could do play-by-play of KL posting all day and it would be great.

Doc is one of my favorites ever. All of the announcers are pretty good on NBC. Think about it: you need to be able to announce fast and recall a ton of names instantly to do hockey. Those guys are spot on. Very rarely do you hear them say "uhhhhhh I think ummmmm yeah, [lonnnnnnnng pause] errrrrrrr, Girardi with the hit."

Is the NHL still on TV? It seems MLS has better coverage now. I honestly haven't seen a game on TV since the SC in 2004.

The Stanley Cup last year averaged 5 million viewers; MLS Finals was about 1.9 Million between ESPN and Univision.

NHL gets pretty good coverage on NBC throughout the season and especially in the postseason. Every game is spread across NBC-affiliate stations.

I can't take these 9:30 start times for Hawks games.
...it is even worse when then end up playing LA, San Jose, or Vancouver.

The Stanley Cup last year averaged 5 million viewers; MLS Finals was about 1.9 Million between ESPN and Univision.

NHL gets pretty good coverage on NBC throughout the season and especially in the postseason. Every game is spread across NBC-affiliate stations.

OK Jump to Conclusions 85. I wasn't comparing the viewership I just literally haven't seen them listed on the guide and being on NBC would explain it. I don't get any of those channels and never look at NBC because they haven't had a show worth watching since they cancelled Seinfeld.

OK Jump to Conclusions 85. I wasn't comparing the viewership I just literally haven't seen them listed on the guide and being on NBC would explain it. I don't get any of those channels and never look at NBC because they haven't had a show worth watching since they cancelled Seinfeld.

Simmer down, Sally. I was merely pointing out numbers since you mentioned coverage. I watch and enjoy both--you asked the question is it still on TV. All I am saying yes it is and here are some data points.

Try getting a TV/Cable box in your trailer where you don't have to wiggle wires and antennas to see what the rest of the world is watching.

NHL playoffs are awesome. I really wish hockey was more popular down here. I used to watch every Rangers game when I lived in NY so it sucked when I moved down here and realized no one gave a crap.

NHL is awesome, I just wish My Panthers were in it..

Rooting for ??
No one really, just awesome hockey!!
My guess is Blues-Ducks in West,
Habs- Islanders in East..

Want to see Blues v Islanders in Cup final..
Think Ducks v Habs is more likely to happen..

I was about to say, That Tampa game was wow..
down 2-0 I said egh they seem like they just are missing something.. then the 1st goal light a fuse in them..

Now to watch Flames v Canucks, or Hawks v Preds..

Sadly the NBA seems boring this year!

NHL playoffs is the best sport there is. I love college football but there is just something about playoff Hockey.

Every playoff game is nationally televised...mostly on NBC sports network which is simply around espn and is part of mostly every cable package. Plus weekend games on network NBC.

The whole 'can't find games' joke is tired and really isn't true anymore. We are well past the old days of "what the fcuk is Versus." It's really not that hard to not watch ESPN nowadays anyway.

If you want to say "it's not on ESPN so I don't notice" ... I mean, ok I guess. But that's more on you.

Every playoff game is nationally televised...mostly on NBC sports network which is simply around espn and is part of mostly every cable package. Plus weekend games on network NBC.

The whole 'can't find games' joke is tired and really isn't true anymore. We are well past the old days of "what the fcuk is Versus." It's really not that hard to not watch ESPN nowadays anyway.

If you want to say "it's not on ESPN so I don't notice" ... I mean, ok I guess. But that's more on you.

The NHL actually benefited from losing the ESPN contract. It was a bunch of bull shit watching games split between Fox and ESPN. One could say, "well, the coverage is now split among USA, MSNBC, etc.," but you get ALL the games, not just a choice few. Actually, ESPN pretty much just showed a couple games a night with the main announcing crew of Clement and Thorne doing one, and another decent team doing the other. You really can't complain right now with what NBC has done with its coverage.

Going into the playoffs I had ducks lightning in the finals but watching tampa struggle to score has me second guessing

The only bad part of this time of year is trying to get my 7 year old son to bed since there is always another game on.

Hopefully the Rangers put the Penguins away tonight. That'll give them a few days to get their crap together because they've been outplayed most of the series

Hopefully the Rangers put the Penguins away tonight. That'll give them a few days to get their crap together because they've been outplayed most of the series
Yes and no. Crosby is horrible per usual. The Rangers have been pathetic on power plays.

It wasn't a joke. I don't get the NBC sports channels in my DTV package and I rarely watch TV on the weekends unless it's football season so I wouldn't know about it on OTA stations. As much as I hate ESPN it's done wonders for UCF exposure and I would bet the NHL will eventually be back with them too. Unless you're looking for these games on TV most people aren't going to come across them.

The games have been on NBC on the weekend, NBC Sports on weeknights, the Tampa games are on Fox Sports Florida, there have been games also on CNBC. If you "can't find" these games then you're simply not trying.

I'm going to the Lightning game 5 on Saturday. Can't wait.

Yes and no. Crosby is horrible per usual. The Rangers have been pathetic on power plays.

Same story as last year. Penguins have had better opportunities on the Rangers PP's. Last game we broke 2 sticks on one timers from the blue line and gave the Pens a great chance.

Goodbye Crosby!!

And you were saying? LOL. When the Rangers are on top of their game, they are hard to beat. They don't really have any "superstars" other than in goal, however, and I think that's why it's a little frustrating to watch them during the playoffs.

And BTW, the Habs are showing a few weaknesses here with Ottawa. It looked like Montreal was THE team a few nights ago and now they are getting beat the hell up. NY has a few days to kick back now.

And you were saying? LOL. When the Rangers are on top of their game, they are hard to beat. They don't really have any "superstars" other than in goal, however, and I think that's why it's a little frustrating to watch them during the playoffs.
If the Rangers make the finals, they will lose to the Western Conference representative. Let's go Blackhawks!

after the way the Lightning won Game 4 I didn't expect them to look that flat in Game 5 in their building. The refs didn't help

I can't see the Lightning making it to a game 7. Poor goal tending and Stamkos not showing up hasn't helped.

I can't see the Lightning making it to a game 7. Poor goal tending and Stamkos not showing up hasn't helped.

It is more than stamkos everybody needs to step up and start shooting the number one offense can't just not show up.

Bishop is a good not great goalie. He can be streaky. He needs that defense to be fired up around him or her plays flat

ADVERTISEMENT