ADVERTISEMENT

NIT , CBI ....... what next ???

We will be in the NIT. Talked to ole Fran at the B12 tourney and he commented on the import of the Bama W. Now will we host or go to FGCU and get blown out is a different story.

We will be in the NIT. Talked to ole Fran at the B12 tourney and he commented on the import of the Bama W. Now will we host or go to FGCU and get blown out is a different story.

I'd love to see us in the NIT but it isnt going to happen. Will happily eat crow though if I am wrong.

I’d put it at 50/50 for the NIT. We are about 6 spots lower than last year in RPI and 2 less wins, but conference is tougher with Wichita State as well. Last year were a 4 seed. This year might slip in at 6. AAC just got #2 and #4 seeds in the NCAA so they are getting some respect. UCF finished .500 in a good conference. Houston got a 6 seed too.

I’d put it at 50/50 for the NIT. We are about 6 spots lower than last year in RPI and 2 less wins, but conference is tougher with Wichita State as well. Last year were a 4 seed. This year might slip in at 6. AAC just got #2 and #4 seeds in the NCAA so they are getting some respect. UCF finished .500 in a good conference.

The bid stealers from the single bid conferences are what may end up keeping us out....

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
After seeing how many teams the committee screwed over, I am even more adament at how much the NCAA-big media complex is corrupt and how they need to be brought up on RICO charges for operating an unlawful monopoly.

Record versus quadrant level teams
Something to reference next year now that the year is over, but for this year refer to UCF at 84 and their quadrant record. Compare it to say Boston College at 95 and St Mary's at 40.
Wow! it had to be real close between us and BC based on this chart.
http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2018/nitty-live

Boston College beat 5 tourney teams, UCF beat 1 and that was in December. Boston College beat NC state in ACC tournament, UCF gets blown out by nearly 30. Maybe if it was respectable game they are in the NIT.

Then again we are talking about the NIT, who really cares. They absolutely should reward teams from lesser conferences, it's a consolation tournament. The major conferences teams mostly have no serious interest in NIT.

Then again we are talking about the NIT, who really cares. They absolutely should reward teams from lesser conferences, it's a consolation tournament. The major conferences teams mostly have no serious interest in NIT.
Perhaps but we havent been a powerhouse since joining Division 1. IMO any free appearance tournament is fine with me if it has any value. Apparently the only outside of the dance is the NIT.

Boston College beat 5 tourney teams, UCF beat 1 and that was in December. Boston College beat NC state in ACC tournament, UCF gets blown out by nearly 30. Maybe if it was respectable game they are in the NIT.

Boy, aren't you a peach ?

Boy, aren't you a peach ?

Just honesty, everyone complains that the P5 keeps the G5 out of the playoffs. Here the NIT (not even a major tournament) makes a rule to reward lesser conferences who has good teams and should compete.

But in all seriousness, they were not going to make a run in the NIT. The team has major injuries, and those that do play can't shoot FTs. They definitely do not pass any eye test that is not wearing black and gold goggles.

Reactions: Wings0fred
Just honesty, everyone complains that the P5 keeps the G5 out of the playoffs. Here the NIT (not even a major tournament) makes a rule to reward lesser conferences who has good teams and should compete.

But in all seriousness, they were not going to make a run in the NIT. The team has major injuries, and those that do play can't shoot FTs. They definitely do not pass any eye test that is not wearing black and gold goggles.

Ok. Fair enough. I appreciate your objectivity.

CIT used to be online only. It’s on CBS Sports right now. Would have been worth the money for exposure and practice time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT