ADVERTISEMENT

Nm

This year is a little tough .Every year we cook 2turkeys 23to 30 pounds plus rolls green beans Corn and peas, cornbread and Mashe poratoes and gravy. We add a Mole adobo chilli sauce to the Turkeys to keep them Tender and it makes them Spicy...They are so good Plus Pumpkin Pie whip Cream and Vanilla Icecream, Also 1 ham. We start eating the first Turkey at 10 for breakfast and eat through out the Day. With about 50 to 100 swinging by. Each will bring there dessert or other food. This year we will still cook the same but invite people at different times. Also some will come and pick up to go plates🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤

Last edited:
Reactions: KNIGHTTIME^
I'll burn down some trees in my yard and call it a protest. Maybe charge guests $300 a plate since its a fancy dinner it doesn't count as a covid restriction like in California. Governor only pass?
We needed another thread on Gavin Newsome's hypocrisy?

Anyway, I'm cool with dissing the Caly governor and all the other hypocrite politicians of either party who are in the 'do as I say, not as I do' camp.

The sooner posters here can figure out that covid security is not political, the better.

Reactions: ElprofesorJuan
This year is a little tough .Every year we cook 2turkeys 23to 30 pounds plus rolls green beans Corn and peas, cornbread and Mashe poratoes and gravy. We add a Mole adobo chilli sauce to the Turkeys to keep them Tender and it makes them Spicy...They are so good Plus Pumpkin Pie whip Cream and Vanilla Icecream, Also 1 ham. We start eating the first Turkey at 10 for breakfast and eat through out the Day. With about 50 to 100 swinging by. Each will bring there dessert or other food. This year we will still cook the same but invite people at different times. Also some will come and pick up to go plates🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤
How the heck do you cook a 30 lb turkey? That has to be huge!

Hopefully separate or spatchcock. I can't imagine trying to get the timing right on a 30 lb bird so that dark and light are both perfect at the same time.

Totally changing the topic here:

The best way that I've found to cook a turkey is to put it in a roaster pan with a quart of chicken stock and a stick of butter. Rub a little bit of salt over it. Throw it in the oven at midnight and bake at 500 for 1 hour, then let it sit in the oven overnight. Don't open the oven door, just keep the heat in. It makes the most tender turkey you will ever have, and it frees up the oven the next morning to cook the rest of the side dishes. You dont even need a knife to carve it, the meat just falls off the bone.

Totally changing the topic here:

The best way that I've found to cook a turkey is to put it in a roaster pan with a quart of chicken stock and a stick of butter. Rub a little bit of salt over it. Throw it in the oven at midnight and bake at 500 for 1 hour, then let it sit in the oven overnight. Don't open the oven door, just keep the heat in. It makes the most tender turkey you will ever have, and it frees up the oven the next morning to cook the rest of the side dishes. You dont even need a knife to carve it, the meat just falls off the bone.
Thats almost the way we do it..its why its ready by 9 in Morning.but we add carrots and onions to bottom of Pan.we have a great sauce from butter and adobo and chile melting all together..You can use sauce to coat turkey and keep it juicy or put in cup and give it as a delicious soup broth where you can dump roll or pour on turkey.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Thats almost the way we do it..its why its ready by 9 in Morning.but we add carrots and onions to bottom of Pan.we have a great sauce from butter and adobo and chile melting all together..You can use sauce to coat turkey and keep it juicy or put in cup and give it as a delicious soup broth where you can dump roll or pour on turkey.
I've done something similar with pot roasts and pork loins. Never thought about doing it with turkey but I might give that a try with a small one and see what happens. What do you use in your adobo sauce?

I've done something similar with pot roasts and pork loins. Never thought about doing it with turkey but I might give that a try with a small one and see what happens. What do you use in your adobo sauce?
Yes the recipe involves about 12 different ingredients. dried Chile Guajillo and Chile ancho are 2 main components. Then vinegar Mexican oregano, All spice, garlic ,Sugar or Mexican piloncillo which is brown suger in pyramid shape from Mexican store. 1 habanero. Salt Chile powder to thicken or flour. 1 tomatoe Carrots , Onions, Dried laurel . Great Flavor

It's more than Newsome. It's a long list of "shut it down" lefties that live by different rules. Those were health officials and lobbyists eating indoors with Gavin maskless and close.
I would join you in ridiculing hypocrites but you seem to be fixated on making this a political statement.
We have mayors and governors trying to tell us not to have Thanksgiving. They know the stats and the survival rates. The exact reason they aren't hiding. There is no fear.
That's total bullshit and you know it.

I guess when we experience yet another spike in infections after Thanksgiving, you'll tell us that 'this was bound to happen anyway.'

7 out of 10 readers don’t know “The French Laundry” isn’t in France.

PS: 🍴🍽🍷
The two tasting menus at the French Laundry are currently $350 a person before tip, tax, and beverages. $410 if you add the wagyu option to the Chef's tasting menu. That's in the main dining room.

The price for the area that the rulers of California had was $850 per person.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT