ADVERTISEMENT

No post about VA mass shooting?

Mass shootings are no longer news worthy.

They all end up the same way. Thoughts and prayers, ISIS or GOP, etc.

I think I covered everything, at least until the next one happens in a week or two.

It’s sad that we are now so numb to these things. There’s not even a pattern anymore

People are crazy
America is too violent
Guns kill people
Nobody is doing crap about it

It is interesting that the msn didn’t put much coverage into it. I had to go looking for the story the next day. I guess the made up comment Trump “said” about a royal was a more important message to get out there.

If the way those two stories were framed does not show how the media works, nothing will.

Reactions: UCFWayne
Sorry, there weren't the right special interest groups impacted and the shooter didn't meet the identity threshold of the media caring enough to "start a national conversation".

Reactions: 1ofTheseKnights
It is interesting that the msn didn’t put much coverage into it. I had to go looking for the story the next day. I guess the made up comment Trump “said” about a royal was a more important message to get out there.

If the way those two stories were framed does not show how the media works, nothing will.

WTF are you talking about? It was literally on the front page of every mainstream media website all weekend.

Reactions: EweSeaEff
WTF are you talking about? It was literally on the front page of every mainstream media website all weekend.
definitely friday night and into early saturday morning. by saturday afternoon, it was already being shuffled to the back because the narrative didnt fit.

I think I covered everything, at least until the next one happens in a week or two.
Perhaps lack of coverage/notice will lead to these to stopping?

Can you imagine being this stupid? Automatically assuming every single thing is a huge media conspiracy? Its been all over the news, pretty much the only thing NPR has been talking about the whole weekend.

Goddamn it you people are just stupid.

How much does everyone comment when people are killed by texting and driving?

But how will I know if it was an ISIS or Dem motivated shooting?

Supposedly an African American democrat registered. Not that political affiliation matters for whackos.

Honestly though these stories break my soul a little more and more. This sort of insane violence is bad for everyone. I don’t want my children to eventually work in a place where a nut may one day kill people.

It sucks.

I was more taken with CBS' comment of 'rapid fire' and 'military class' weapon (pump action shotgun with fix magazine) in the Australian mass shooting.

Also ... apparently it's a 'mass shooting' when 4+ people, not including the shooter, die outside the US, but only 2 people injured, including the shooter, in the US.

Need strict gun control. Sellout politicians value money over human life.
But didn't the Virginia Beach Police Chief say no gun control would have prevented this? So ... why don't you just say it ...

You want all legal ownership outlawed. Don't beat around the bush, or insult the intelligence of those not ignorant of firearms. Because this 'common sense gun control' phrase is now hated by over 75% of Americans. Because ...

Have you noticed how the 'assault rifle' rhetoric is dying down, because most of the recent 'mass shootings' haven't been with even a rifle, much more several have even been with revolvers and shotguns? Even the 'assault weapons' requires it be at least a semi-automatic pistol (even though the US media shows an AR-15 style icon for it).

The US media is constantly getting 'called out' for that, including by police, let alone even ATF and FBI agents have been more and more willing to 'correct the media' after a shooting, calling out their 100% fabrications.

Reactions: sk8knight
ADVERTISEMENT