ADVERTISEMENT

North Texas becoming a factor

No they won't. Say it again and listen to it...."they beat SMU and Arkansas". They also beat Incarnate Word. Arkansas was 4-8 last year with 3 wins against Coastal Carolina, FAMU, and New Mexico State. They've already lost to North Texas and Colorado State this season.

We're in the "drivers seat."
I still say we're going to lose at least two (2) games in-conference.

Although I'd love to be very wrong again this year. ;)

No they won't. Say it again and listen to it...."they beat SMU and Arkansas". They also beat Incarnate Word. Arkansas was 4-8 last year with 3 wins against Coastal Carolina, FAMU, and New Mexico State. They've already lost to North Texas and Colorado State this season.
This season they can go undefeated and be ranked above us.

If we lose a game, there is no way we're ranked as the top G5 team.

This season they can go undefeated and be ranked above us.
If we lose a game, there is no way we're ranked as the top G5 team.
^ Yes, sadly enough.

AAC and MWC teams are usually ranked "way, way too low."
C-USA and MAC teams are usually ranked "way, way too high."

I won't touch the SunBelt.
Some years they are better than the 'new' (2013+) C-USA, and sometimes they suck the hardest.

UNT deserves some respect and notice in the polls. They’ve won all Games impressively. No need to knock them.

UNT deserves some respect and notice in the polls. They’ve won all Games impressively. No need to knock them.
I wasn't trying to 'dis them.
But I'm still waiting for a C-USA or MAC team to actually win a NY bowl game.

If North Texas does that, they will have my respect.
Until then, their conferences and even their best members suck.

Maybe they'll prove me wrong this year?

I’m not saying they’re a top 10 team at all. Just that’s o far they’ve played well and probably should be on the cusp of the top 25. UCF is better.

FAU lost already too. They would have to beat us to jump us. Luckily we play them in 5 Days.
They won by only 3 TDs. Unless we crap the bed or don’t get up for this game as much as them, we should cruise. They are inconsistent with a bunch of flaws on both defense and to a lesser degree on offense
The RB still has not arrived this year despite his 5TDs today. He ran for under 100 yards, 4 yards per carry and didn’t have 1 run over 20 yards vs an FCS team

FAU has been disappointing and is overrated

UCF is 'in the driver's seat.'

Unless the CFP committee really feels like screwing us against a C-USA or MAC team, it's now ours to lose ... whether that's fair or not to a MWC team or not.

Reactions: Knight Strength
My feeling is that the majority of voters would love to vote for any team other than us.
Yep, there's a good chance they'll rank us even worse in the CFP committee.
At least the AP voters have enough who are 'balancing out' the UCF haters.

They won by only 3 TDs. Unless we crap the bed or don’t get up for this game as much as them, we should cruise. They are inconsistent with a bunch of flaws on both defense and to a lesser degree on offense
The RB still has not arrived this year despite his 5TDs today. He ran for under 100 yards, 4 yards per carry and didn’t have 1 run over 20 yards vs an FCS team

FAU has been disappointing and is overrated
Some guy on Twitter who says he’s a UCF fan keeps claiming FAU defense has multiple NFL guys on it. I don’t think so. Giving up 28 points to BCU.

Reactions: UCFBS and Mikesi
Some guy on Twitter who says he’s a UCF fan keeps claiming FAU defense has multiple NFL guys on it. I don’t think so. Giving up 28 points to BCU.
We are scoring at least 45. Possibly much more. If we don’t it’s because we pulled the starters. This will be the first real test for our defense, so who knows.

We are scoring at least 45. Possibly much more. If we don’t it’s because we pulled the starters. This will be the first real test for our defense, so who knows.
They only have 5 days to prepare for us and we’ll have had a full week to prepare. That will help. Plus they will be traveling. I’m assuming by bus but not sure.

Reactions: Mikesi
At least it’s a Friday night game. I hate the Thursday because I have to work next day.
I’m screwed. I’m working a full day Friday until 5:30-6 and I’m about 50 minutes from UCF with another 15 minute walk after parking. Then again this Saturday at 8:30 A.M. Weekday games are tough

Additionally, I’ll be missing a lot of the NGEbraska vs Michigan game and we all know how that’s the highlight of my college football Saturday other than UCF.

I wasn't trying to 'dis them.
But I'm still waiting for a C-USA or MAC team to actually win a NY bowl game.

If North Texas does that, they will have my respect.
Until then, their conferences and even their best members suck.

Maybe they'll prove me wrong this year?

You sound like the same people who you despise.

I’m screwed. I’m working a full day Friday until 5:30-6 and I’m about 50 minutes from UCF with another 15 minute walk after parking. Then again this Saturday at 8:30 A.M. Weekday games are tough

Additionally, I’ll be missing a lot of the NGEbraska vs Michigan game and we all know how that’s the highlight of my college football Saturday other than UCF.
You won’t be missing much. It won’t be close.

Reactions: Mikesi
I still think a 1 loss AAC team makes it over any undefeated G5 team honestly. Especially UCF with Memphis, Navy & USF on schedule and assuming you'd play Houston in the CCG.

I'm thinking No-braska beatdowns are your highlight INCLUDING UCF

I'm thinking No-braska beatdowns are your highlight INCLUDING UCF
Yeah.. as weird as it sounds, I thoroughly enjoyed that game this weekend as much. Maybe because we haven’t played anyone yet. The next 2 weeks for us should be exciting, then we play at Memphis on October 13th.

Houston, UCF, and Boise are the only G5 Programs that haven't embarrassed themselves when they got a New Years day Bowl game. Hawaii and Northern Illinois were disasters on that stage

Reactions: firm_bizzle
Houston, UCF, and Boise are the only G5 Programs that haven't embarrassed themselves when they got a New Years day Bowl game. Hawaii and Northern Illinois were disasters on that stage
Isn’t Northern Illinois playing the slick Willies? Revenge from the NY6 bowl game? Times have changed

UCF is in the driver’s seat. If we keep winning, they have to respond. Very few teams go undefeated. Fewer teams go undefeated for multiple years. We are ranked #16 and we’ve played an FCS team and UCONN. Very few teams can say that they would be ranked as high as us with those games under their belt.

Reactions: UCFBS

No Mikesicans in the Cabana!

#freeatlast

Reactions: UCFBS and Mikesi
Man, some of you guys just act like the biggest pussies ever. "Oh, we are going to get screwed." "Oh, some other mid-major with 1 loss will be ranked ahead of us even if we are undefeated".

Holy crap guys, UCF went undefeated last year and is rated 16th in the country. Are you really looking for a reason to complain 3 weeks into this season?

Man, some of you guys just act like the biggest pussies ever. "Oh, we are going to get screwed." "Oh, some other mid-major with 1 loss will be ranked ahead of us even if we are undefeated".

Holy crap guys, UCF went undefeated last year and is rated 16th in the country. Are you really looking for a reason to complain 3 weeks into this season?
Ha, don't mean to complain at all. North Texas has been successful and we have ruffled some feathers. I only meant to draw attention to a NY6 competitor who others may not have been watching yet.

NY6 bowl update: North Texas lost to LA Tech and Buffalo lost to Army. At this time it seems like the NY6 will be determined within American conference play. Don't think anyone else is still undefeated.

ADVERTISEMENT