ADVERTISEMENT

Not the Onion: Berkeley bans words like "manhole" since they're offensive

UCFKnight85

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 6, 2003
[roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll][roll]

Oh and calling a woman "she" or calling a man "he" is now to be abolished. Also, since the word "manpower" is so offensive that is now being banned as well.

Good God. Imagine the person who is sitting around crying in their room because they're offended that the cover for where shit goes is called a "manhole".

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/19/us/berkeley-gender-ban.html

Remarkable how far they are taking this, and I have to wonder when or if it will stop. I really thought it was just a phase and people would grow out of it and realize how ridiculous they were acting. It's kind of scary to think that some of these people will end up becoming judges and political leaders. Then what? Civil lawsuits against people who use the term he or she and judges with this ideology making rulings on them? I don't know if we can fight it.

Good God. Imagine the person who is sitting around crying in their room because they're offended that the cover for where shit goes is called a "manhole".

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/19/us/berkeley-gender-ban.html

They are probably almost as big of a snowflake as someone who is whining like a goddamn little bitch about something that doesn't affect them in the slightest.

I honestly can't tell who is the bigger snowflake at this point, with how much whining you do on a daily basis about utterly inconsequential nonsense.

Last edited:
Remarkable how far they are taking this, and I have to wonder when or if it will stop. I really thought it was just a phase and people would grow out of it and realize how ridiculous they were acting. It's kind of scary to think that some of these people will end up becoming judges and political leaders. Then what? Civil lawsuits against people who use the term he or she and judges with this ideology making rulings on them? I don't know if we can fight it.
That’s the catch. The people that are the most extreme are the ones that are the most motivated to do something about their fanaticism. In the past, the avenues where they could spread their messages were limited and they were hindered by either saner minds or lack of funding and broadcast channels. Now they have nearly free reach to millions and they find plenty that even a little bit agree with their point and it seems powerful. So the pressure builds.

The thing is, there are very few people in any community that worry about this stuff. Whenever numbers are brought up, though, they’re counting people from all over. So communities feel much more pressure than they should. Well, except for Berzerkly. That’s a different place all by itself.

Reactions: Crazyhole
Millions of women would have been in the construction industry by now had it not been for this painful history of referring to sewer covers as "manholes".

A grave injustice that Berkeley is tackling!!

They should have just cried to a mod, instead.

lol you're one butthurt lil bitch. I guess lying makes you feel better about knowing that you're the only person to be banned from the Dungeon, ever.

I'd be one thing if UCB "suggested" these words.
But nope, off-the-deep-end again ...

I'm just about as Libertarian as they can get, and I'd be called a 'Nazi' if I was enrolled at UCB right now.

Can you imagine how much of a whiny little bitch you have to be to think manhole covers are one of our nation's top problems?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT