ADVERTISEMENT

Not to perpetuate the stereotype

Crazyhole

Todd's Tiki Bar
Jun 4, 2004
That all of us Nebraskans are a bunch of rednecks, but I played so much cornhole this weekend that I got tennis elbow.

Anybody do anything better than that for memorial day weekend?

Worked Saturday, concreted in a new gate post and installed some fancy new cut off switch in my boat on Sunday. Installed the new gate and gate opener and motor well drain tubes on the boat yesterday. Stupid rainy weekend had me spend way too much money.

I didn't do a whole lot. I mowed around the house and pastures Friday then drank beer. Saturday, I dug up and fixed a broken fitting on my well and then went to the Barbecue Blowout in Oviedo to eat food and drink beer. Sunday, I went to church and then binge watched Band of Brothers and drank beer. Monday, I smoked a brisket, finished watching Band of Brothers and drank beer.

Stained a deck, went to the zoo and then a national military cemetery. So no, you win, tennis elbow and all.

Finished off our schedule for 3 weeks in Spain-France starting June 2nd.

Still have to finalize some train reservations, but 1st Class EURail passes make things a lot easier in case I need to change things. So worth the extra cost for flexibility, especially when you haven't booked planes'n trains 3+ months in advance.

Did some typical Friday night things. Did 35 miles on the bike with a buddy of mine Saturday morning and yard chores before the rain. Housewarming party Saturday night. Sunday was spent inside doing house chores and working on the kitchen remodel. Beers and friends over that night. Monday, the weather screwed up everything so just played with the kids all day, grilled some brats and corn, had some friends over monday night.

Reactions: UCFWayne
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT