ADVERTISEMENT

Now that B12 Media Deal is wrapped up, how long until P12 finalizes theirs?

muckdawg24

Golden Knight
Oct 9, 2007
Central FL
I've read the Pac12 is confident their deal will be better than the B12 and while I can't see that it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things as we have gained a solid deal that keeps the league relevant and gives a nice bump to the existing schools and friggin huge bump to the new schools.

If the Pac12 deal is close to ours I don't see any of the other schools leaving to come to us. How long do you think it will be until the Pac12 closes their deal? Thoughts?

I've read the Pac12 is confident their deal will be better than the B12 and while I can't see that it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things as we have gained a solid deal that keeps the league relevant and gives a nice bump to the existing schools and friggin huge bump to the new schools.

If the Pac12 deal is close to ours I don't see any of the other schools leaving to come to us. How long do you think it will be until the Pac12 closes their deal? Thoughts?
I agree with your assessment but there's one scenario you left out: Big Ten Expansion.

If the Big Ten takes two schools, the PAC12 goes down in flames.

Now, if you are a PAC12 school that feels would be left out should the above happen, you may want to secure your position ahead of that...

PS- Keep in mind that the Big12 deal includes all schools signing a grant of rights for the length of the contract. This make it very difficult to leave should you choose to. Not sure how excited the PAC12 schools are about signing the grant of rights paperwork.. Without it, the media deal is not as lucrative.

Our hope on this is wanting to see P12 teams continue to not sign grant of rights deals. That is built-in instability that will keep the corner schools looking in our direction. ESPN won’t want that instability because they can’t broadcast teams leaving for the B10 and won’t pitch in B12 money to what could turn into a glorified mountain west.

Their commissioner said they want to have their deal done by EOY

Reactions: beelit47
ADVERTISEMENT